Clear All

• cb7dazz
    replied
    i like

wagons ftmw

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    Great videos man, there is nothing like the rumble of a V8. Mines getting there, I'm just looking for a 3rd gen F donor. V8 5 speed

Leave a comment:

• JDMCB3Si
    replied
    Glad to see that Im not the only gearhead in here lol!

I am a pontiac guy all the way (even though my last one had a bowtie heart) I have owned 2 F bodies and loved both of them and soon to have another.

Here are some vids/pics of my old one!

Pics:
    http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...4/Car%20build/

Vids:

Leave a comment:

• Luna92
    replied
    not a cb7......but i like!

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
    Does this wagon have similarities in powertrain/drivetrain to 1987 Pontiac Safari wagons? My grandpa had one, it was that burgundy color inside and out. It had a 305 ci motor in it. Great car, lasted him a while. The body actually started to rust out before anything else really gave up. He ended up fixing the body, had it repainted, looked immaculate and then took it to AZ with him. Got into an accident, it's totalled now. That wagon was a tank. I remember getting into an accident running into back of someone (grandpa driving) at like 25-35 mph and it only put a wrinkle in the front fender.
    Yes similar in drivetrain, alltho my wagon has the V6 version of the 305. Yup RWD GM's are hard to kill, they just screwed up switching to FWD.

The thing I like about the 80's GM's is that they are like legos, such as I can use the 12" front brakes from the Caprice wagons and cop cars to replace the puny 10" fronts on mine, by switching the spindle, upper control arm, and master cylinder form the Caprice, and rotors from a Iroc Camaro (to keep the same lug pattern).

And a little update, I found a TPI 350 from an 88 F-bird, seized needs a rebuild, and a 1985 V8 T5 Camaro 5 speed, needs 2nd gears. Waiting to hear back about my offer on both. Yeahhhhh
    Last edited by Accrdwgnguy; 01-09-2009, 12:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• HondaFan81
    replied
    Does this wagon have similarities in powertrain/drivetrain to 1987 Pontiac Safari wagons? My grandpa had one, it was that burgundy color inside and out. It had a 305 ci motor in it. Great car, lasted him a while. The body actually started to rust out before anything else really gave up. He ended up fixing the body, had it repainted, looked immaculate and then took it to AZ with him. Got into an accident, it's totalled now. That wagon was a tank. I remember getting into an accident running into back of someone (grandpa driving) at like 25-35 mph and it only put a wrinkle in the front fender.

Leave a comment:

• H22WAGON93
    replied
    I never seen this yet. You should throw some 22's on it. You wanna trade plates. I would love to have that plate on my wagon.

Leave a comment:

• bobbycos
    replied
    heading out in about an hour to play with my toy

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    You really ARE a "wgnguy"

I love that gen Malibu. A guy at work has a 79 coupe with a 350 and 232(?) gears AND AC, lol. He's thinking about putting a 9" rear end on it and maybe doing an LS1 swap out of a mid-90s TA, the turboing it. Either that or he's gonna sell everything, 350 and LS1 for like $5500.

Its not a bad little car. Body and INT are in really good shape too. I love how both you and bobby have wagons.

I may not own a Chevy, but working for GM, ive started to kinda take a liking to domestics. Im gonna keep my eye on this. Im really curious to see how it turns out.

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
    Would the El Camino Choo Choo Customs SS nose bolt onto the Wagon?

I know that there was some work to get the Monte SS nose onto the El Camino, but I feel like that nose on the wagon would really make it stand out.
    It would, as the El Camino shares its front sheet metal with the Malibus. But I'm not really a fan of the SS nose, so I'm going with a classic look by keeping the stock plain bumpers.

Of course I have many different options, thanks to Lauren Engineering. There are fiberglass stock bumpers, front fiberglass flush fit bumpers, rear roll pan, many ground effect kits, etc. http://www.laureneng.com/

Leave a comment:

• AccordWarrior
    replied
    Would the El Camino Choo Choo Customs SS nose bolt onto the Wagon?

I know that there was some work to get the Monte SS nose onto the El Camino, but I feel like that nose on the wagon would really make it stand out.

Leave a comment:

• bobbycos
    replied
    gonna go to the locker tomorrow and take some fresher pics

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    Bobby- Nice project man! Malibu wagons are harder to find than Accord wagons, looks like you got a good one too. So you're going for the standalone harness? I was told by a few people that I can use the camaro engine harness and it would plug right in to the Malibu's dash harness. But a nice new harness is very nice to have. Keep me updated on your project man!

Leave a comment:

• lil_dcb7
    replied
    Chevy CELEBRITY!!!!

Leave a comment:

• mrhonda
    replied
    Wow this is cool...I didnt know there were so many other Honda/Chevrolet guys here!

Yeah TBI is good for the old-school carb look, but as far as performance and efficiency, port injection is definately the way to go. I'm still trying to decide what my next bowtie project will be. But whatever it is, I'll be packing a LT1 or LS engine thats for sure!

I've even been toying with the idea of stuffing a LS2 in my S2000. If I do, I'm gonna change my license plate to "LS2K"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X