Any Ford guys around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Ford guys around?

Yeah so my Cousin has a 1995 Ford Taurus GL with the 3.0L V6, He has a really bad transmission pan seal, leaks like a mofo.

So I pull up autozone.com, to look how much. So it gives two choices depending on the trans. So we go out jack the bitch up in the cold and look, It said AX4N and next to it SHO. WTF that wasn't one of them. So after a while it seems like he does have a SHO tranns. He said that his uncle had the trans replaced (car only has 73k on it )

What I found out, this is where I need help. Is this a 99 SHO tranns or what? He could just Into auto zone I guess and say tranns seal for AX4N, Or are they going to need a year/model etc if they do then I need to know what year(s) the AX4N was offered.
    wat?

Originally posted by C91BLX7
    Yeah so my Cousin has a 1995 Ford Taurus GL with the 3.0L V6, He has a really bad transmission pan seal, leaks like a mofo.

So I pull up autozone.com, to look how much. So it gives two choices depending on the trans. So we go out jack the bitch up in the cold and look, It said AX4N and next to it SHO. WTF that wasn't one of them. So after a while it seems like he does have a SHO tranns. He said that his uncle had the trans replaced (car only has 73k on it )

What I found out, this is where I need help. Is this a 99 SHO tranns or what? He could just Into auto zone I guess and say tranns seal for AX4N, Or are they going to need a year/model etc if they do then I need to know what year(s) the AX4N was offered.
    Transmission COULD be from a SHO but the SHO's were very different from the regular trim. The SHO engines were built by Yamaha.

Just buy both seals that autozone has and return the one not needed

Comment

You can always google it or go on a taurus forum. I know there are quite a bit of them.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

try www.taurusclub.com You can search for that info over there
        "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
        "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
        ><((((º>

Comment

i heard those sho's weren't too bad for a ford during the first 20 or 30 thousand miles! after that (f=Fix o=or r=Repair d=Daily)! although
          our honda are almost fix or repair daily

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

my bro used to have a exploder until form some odd reason it rolled on him he was goin up hill too all of the sudden it snapped left and roll baby roll

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
            1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread
            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris
              i heard those sho's weren't too bad for a ford during the first 20 or 30 thousand miles! after that (f=Fix o=or r=Repair d=Daily)! although
              our honda are almost fix or repair daily
              False the SHO's with the yamaha motors were strong cars and last decently long. We have 2 of which are 13 second cars or high 12 I forgot in Dallas. They might be faster now since I have not seen them in a while but they do not have issues breaking down nothing serious at least.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                False the SHO's with the yamaha motors were strong cars and last decently long. We have 2 of which are 13 second cars or high 12 I forgot in Dallas. They might be faster now since I have not seen them in a while but they do not have issues breaking down nothing serious at least.
                could be a the next accord lol

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris
                  could be a the next accord lol
                  What?
                  To-Do List for Today
                  Be Awesome

Comment

Eh...I dunno know about yall....but the first gen SHOs were the fastest STOCK.

it was the lightest of them all...and the V8 SHO was a joke!

the Yahama V6 SHOs are pretty quick.

me personally...I wouldn't mind having a White w/ black leather 5spd SHO 93-95

I heard theres some rare ones thats supercharged!

I know that the SC thunderbird was supercharged...but never heard of a supercharged SHO!

I like VERY FEW ford products....hell even right now...theres a guy with a 93 Lincoln Mark VIII wanting to really trade me for my CB.

its in OK shape...but I dunno if I want to trade a good fuel saver thats reliable for something that has all the bells and whistles but drinks the fuel like the corner Wine-O....and it has 155K ( thats risky )

my CB for a Ford 4.6L DOHC V8 280hp ...

I dunno....I will let you fine lads be the judge.

heres a link he sent me in an email..( its a nice looking car )..but damn...its a V8 ( fuel monster )

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...view=slideshow

yall tell me what I should do... trade or keep the CB?
                    92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                    My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7
                      Eh...I dunno know about yall....but the first gen SHOs were the fastest STOCK.

it was the lightest of them all...and the V8 SHO was a joke!

the Yahama V6 SHOs are pretty quick.

me personally...I wouldn't mind having a White w/ black leather 5spd SHO 93-95

I heard theres some rare ones thats supercharged!

I know that the SC thunderbird was supercharged...but never heard of a supercharged SHO!

I like VERY FEW ford products....hell even right now...theres a guy with a 93 Lincoln Mark VIII wanting to really trade me for my CB.

its in OK shape...but I dunno if I want to trade a good fuel saver thats reliable for something that has all the bells and whistles but drinks the fuel like the corner Wine-O....and it has 155K ( thats risky )

my CB for a Ford 4.6L DOHC V8 280hp ...

I dunno....I will let you fine lads be the judge.

heres a link he sent me in an email..( its a nice looking car )..but damn...its a V8 ( fuel monster )

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...view=slideshow

yall tell me what I should do... trade or keep the CB?
                      Don't do it.

Yeah, the 89-91 (1st gen) SHO's were the fastest and most sought after as they were the lightest.

The 92-95 are good because it was the ones that were available with an auto or manual tranny.

The 96-99 were the 3.4l v8 variant but they have cam issues and the first thing people ask when looking at them used is "have the cams been welded?" If not, run away or get the price dropped by at least $800 to account for having that done the day you buy it.

There are a few forced induction taurus/SHO's running around with a lot of useful info found on the taurus forum that I listed (I'm bigjoegood1 there as well from my taurus wagon days). But most of the charged taurii are running the 3.8 engine since you could bolt on for the most part a Thunderbird sc blower and go run it. However there are some turbo and supercharged v8 ones running around there that are mad quick.
                      "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                      "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                      ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoegood1
                        Don't do it.

Yeah, the 89-91 (1st gen) SHO's were the fastest and most sought after as they were the lightest.

The 92-95 are good because it was the ones that were available with an auto or manual tranny.

The 96-99 were the 3.4l v8 variant but they have cam issues and the first thing people ask when looking at them used is "have the cams been welded?" If not, run away or get the price dropped by at least $800 to account for having that done the day you buy it.

There are a few forced induction taurus/SHO's running around with a lot of useful info found on the taurus forum that I listed (I'm bigjoegood1 there as well from my taurus wagon days). But most of the charged taurii are running the 3.8 engine since you could bolt on for the most part a Thunderbird sc blower and go run it. However there are some turbo and supercharged v8 ones running around there that are mad quick.
                        so thats 2 votes for NO on the trade ( Slammed4thgen ) "Jake" said no as well....I asked him along with other members ( close friends )

so if all of whom I asked say NO....Im not gonna consider the trade.
                        92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                        My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Working...
                        X