Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamborghini LP640 219 MPH World Speed Record attempt!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RICHIE*NITROUS
    You know what I think your right damn

Oh don't get me wrong, whatever it was, was damn fast, and still faster than most other cars on the planet! LOL!

But to claim it as an "official" record as they did, is misleading.

Even the most accurate speedos have a % error in them, and the faster you go, the larger it gets. In many cases, the error can increase with speed as well, it just depends. But it isn't uncommon for them to be optimistic. Think of the owner of the car, he is convinced that he just went 219MPH even though, he has no real scientific way to prove it. That is why in REAL high speed testing, they always use a 3rd party, independently verifiable source of measurement. It is the same for every car, and the errors can be accounted for.

Anymore, I think most use GPS systems. Since at any given time, your position in space and rate of change is being computed independently by 5-6 different sources, it is pretty damn accurate. GPS is programmed to make certain assumptions though, so there is still a slight margin for error, but the more satellites you have, the more accurate it is.

More often than not, it is accurate to a couple of feet and probably within 1 or 2 MPH.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
    X