X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The future is now!

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=724661

Absolutely brilliant technology.

It won't be without its drawbacks, but it certianly improves a few key areas.

I still can't find an answer to the question of how the mega tons of water vapor will effect the planet. It might be inconsequential and not matter.

Or it might be an issue. Time will tell, but at least it moves foward, is cleaner, and helps eliminate our dependence on something that unfortunately links us to parts of the world that we don't want to be linked to.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

wow looks like the engineers switch from smoking weed to snorting crack. talking about ugly body styles! thats good their making good stuff, ill stick with the gasoline car tho.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
      http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=724661

Absolutely brilliant technology.

It won't be without its drawbacks, but it certianly improves a few key areas.

I still can't find an answer to the question of how the mega tons of water vapor will effect the planet. It might be inconsequential and not matter.

Or it might be an issue. Time will tell, but at least it moves foward, is cleaner, and helps eliminate our dependence on something that unfortunately links us to parts of the world that we don't want to be linked to.
      water vapor with be converted in the autmosphere to rain.
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Cool car idea. Maybe it will be the next Prius. haha. The environmentalist status symbol.

Anyways, it's still a good step. And I loved reading the global warming debates in the forums.
        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

I'm definitely gonna try to lease one next year.

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
            wow looks like the engineers switch from smoking weed to snorting crack. talking about ugly body styles! thats good their making good stuff, ill stick with the gasoline car tho.

The shape is important for aero efficiency. Like it or not, it is at least functional.

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
              water vapor with be converted in the autmosphere to rain.

That is hopefully optimistic.

The major content of water vapor in the atmosphere remains just that, vapor. At any given time a very small portion is related to precipitation. It is simplistic and foolish to assume that all water vapor precipitates.

The problem is this, of the total % of water vapor that we introduce to the atmosphere, which % will actually precipitate out?

My guess, based on everything else I know is that it will be a small amount. So that leaves an increasing "greenhouse effect" which oh by the way is made worse by the fact that water vapor is more effective than CO2 and is much more prevalent as well. In fact, an approximate 1.5% increase in relative humidity is equivalent to DOUBLING the total CO2 content. So to assume that spewing tons upon tons of H2O vapor into the atmosphere will be effect free is silly.

Perhaps the average rain fall WILL increase, but the net result will most likely still be an increase in temperature, which with it brings a further increase in issues, such as potential flooding etc. Not to mention the fact that who is to say that the rainfall will increase where it should?

You know, a lot of the things that some so called "scientists" are worried about? All of the hype and drama? Perhaps, we are simply trying to delay the inevitable. Afterall the warming trend not only precedes industrialization, but humans in toto.

The only thing I am considering, is the fact that there is "NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH." It has been proven time and time again by science, so to assume this as a magic miracle cure is probably a little bit naive.

Overall, it will be better, because in one way or another, we will ultimately break our dependence on oil. Either by choice, or by running out of easily refined crude.

The fact that much of our oil comes from governments who don't see eye to eye with us, is a good reason to switch early as opposed to late. The ability to refine, process and distribute a potentially limitless supply of energy is a good thing, and even though water vapor may have some issues, at least it won't be some of the toxic ones associated with crude emmissions.

Overall, I think it is a general step forward, but I don't think it will pan out to be an end all be all solution either.

Here is an interesting reading piece:

http://www.junkscience.com/Greenhouse/

A big part of the problem is that the atmosphere is a very complex, dynamic entity, and we can't exactly explain how or why it works in all circumstances. Therefore, we can not predict what the outcome of our actions will be in all circumstances, which in turn means that there is a fair degree of prediction and "shooting in the dark."

The fact of the matter is that the complexities of the atmosphere far outweigh our ability to measure, quantify and predict it, which is one reason weathermen are not right much of the time.

But, that isn't what people want to hear. Some want someone, or something, to blame. Others want definitive answers when there are none, and some just do what makes them feel like they have accomplished something.
              Last edited by owequitit; 11-29-2007, 12:16 AM.

Comment

sound cool................

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

I had to read all that just to learn it was a cell car....good grief...

concept has been around...hydrogen is not cheap to make...won't happen...too bad.

they say cows do more damage than suvs...but not more than china...I have trouble believing that...but I'm no enviromentalist...and as you can see...i can't even spell it.

seen a lot of stuff saying this is a normal cycle for earth...then you see stuff saying that is lies...so I don't know who to believe
                  ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                    I had to read all that just to learn it was a cell car....good grief...

concept has been around...hydrogen is not cheap to make...won't happen...too bad.

they say cows do more damage than suvs...but not more than china...I have trouble believing that...but I'm no enviromentalist...and as you can see...i can't even spell it.

seen a lot of stuff saying this is a normal cycle for earth...then you see stuff saying that is lies...so I don't know who to believe
                    and a single volcano puts out so much more particulate matter and other nasty shit than every factory, car, truck, SUV, cow, and smoker in the world. i guess we should put catalytic converters on mt. kilauweha and mt fuji, then. oh please, it is actually cooler now than it was in the early 20th century. we are still coming out of an ice age, of course it is getting warmer, but thinking humans have anything to do with it is absolutely ridiculous and frankly, egotistical.

also, the water vapor thing. air can only hold a certain amount of water vapor depending on the temperature. the more vapor in the atmosphere, the higher the temp can be before it rains. yes the hydrogen cars my put out water vapor, but this is a miniscule amount. just look at a coal power plant. most of what you see coming out is pure steam. this to has no affect on the environment.

i get so tired of people thinking that we are ruining the atmosphere. nature isnt some fragile crystal that needs to be kept in a velvet box. i mean, hell, mexico was hit by an asteroid the size of texas 65million years ago, and the earth bounced back. the world was around for billions of years before humans, is just fine now, and will be just fine for billions of years to come, until the sun explodes.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

too bad they are only selling it in southern california. car companies need to stop being whores to the oil industry and make cars like these affordable and available to the public. Sadly we are years away from that happening.
                      F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
                      My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
                      Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                        and a single volcano puts out so much more particulate matter and other nasty shit than every factory, car, truck, SUV, cow, and smoker in the world. i guess we should put catalytic converters on mt. kilauweha and mt fuji, then. oh please, it is actually cooler now than it was in the early 20th century. we are still coming out of an ice age, of course it is getting warmer, but thinking humans have anything to do with it is absolutely ridiculous and frankly, egotistical.

also, the water vapor thing. air can only hold a certain amount of water vapor depending on the temperature. the more vapor in the atmosphere, the higher the temp can be before it rains. yes the hydrogen cars my put out water vapor, but this is a miniscule amount. just look at a coal power plant. most of what you see coming out is pure steam. this to has no affect on the environment.

i get so tired of people thinking that we are ruining the atmosphere. nature isnt some fragile crystal that needs to be kept in a velvet box. i mean, hell, mexico was hit by an asteroid the size of texas 65million years ago, and the earth bounced back. the world was around for billions of years before humans, is just fine now, and will be just fine for billions of years to come, until the sun explodes.
                        While I agree with what youre saying, close to 100%, I think most environmentalists realize this, and are far more concerned about preservation of the species than they are about preservation of the world. Because, saying the world will "end" if we dont clean up our acts IS really silly. It will probably just end as we know it now.
                        -Mark-
                        CB7
                        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by DA92CB7
                          too bad they are only selling it in southern california. car companies need to stop being whores to the oil industry and make cars like these affordable and available to the public. Sadly we are years away from that happening.
                          Its not for sale, only lease. One of the main reasons its only available in SoCal is because:
                          1. Home to Honda of America
                          2. Existence of a few hydrogen fueling stations
                          3. Toughest emissions laws in the country
                          4. Most car-centric area of the country
                          5. Highest concentration of wannabe-environmentalists

But seriously, they are million dollar cars at this point. How do you expect to sell them on a grand scale? There's about zero infrastructure in place to support them and they're just too inconvenient for most people. This is just an experiment anyway. Before any alternative fuel can go large scale you have to be able to supply it in large amounts. Hydrogen is fairly expensive to make.

EDIT: And its only available in 3 areas of LA as there are only 3 dealers that will be trained to service them.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR

YOZ MANZ, I thought my car made a larger impact than the sun?! And that factory down the road had more of an impact than the oceans! c02 is outa controlz!!

But seriously, I completely agree with you. I've read our output is around .01% of all c02 in the atmosphere, it's crazy to think that we are dictating the climate. In 20 years we will be laughing, like we are now at the "ice age" time magazine warned about.
                            Click for my ride thread.

Comment

cat for the volcano...HA HA HA...I'm surprised they aren't putting cats on cows butts...

OH!...that's not right...but for the sake of the envi.
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X