No announcement yet.

Getting An Acura TL Type-S 07 or 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah deff, I will post pics maybe a vid too.

Comment

Originally posted by accordoholic
      Nah I need the auto I will drive a lot in traffic and in the city so its no really good.
      U will have better mileage with the manual than with the auto as U concern about driving a lot in traffic.

Plus, what's so hard in driving a manual a lot in traffic
      It's sad to spend that much money for an auto .
      Paddle shifters are stupid. Wonder what was Nissan smoking to offer only a semi-auto transmission on the GTR

Anyway man, get what U like but please think twice about the auto

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

Besides being more pricey, S-Type is a little nicer than the base TL's. I, myself,have an '05 w/navi and 6MT. Love it!

My suggesstion is to drive the 5AT. And then drive the 6MT.

I almost guarantee you will get the 6MT. The auto just drives/feels crappy. Better gas mileage, less wear on components, etc.
        Suspension is stiffer than base model due to Acura's A-Spec Suspension. It also lowers .5 - .75 inches all around.

Either way, your choice, so good luck on your final decision.
        May want if not already, join www.acurazine.com and go from there...
        Last edited by new_beginnings; 11-26-2007, 10:51 AM.
        RETIRED...

Comment

Maybe he just wants an auto? Maybe he doesnt care about performance? its driver preference in the end.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Too much pouwah for da FWD

I would much rather something RWD or AWD.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I think you will find the auto to be just fine. They will still run mid to low 14's, and you don't have to dick with shifting it.

Also, I can pretty much quarantee that in 99% of circumstances, you will never even know it is FWD. It has no torque steer issues, and you will likely only notice it at the handling limit which is over .9G. How often are you going to be handling like that?

Regardless of what "informed" internet haters say, it will give a G35 or any number of RWD cars a run for their money up to the limit. And in many cases, it is better balanced than some RWD cars that are programmed to understeer to be safe on the road.

It is a stigma people have that don't really know much about vehicular balance that assume FWD can't be as balanced as RWD. It is all dependent on how they are setup.

Shaun Church from TOV, owns a G35 coupe with a 6 speed (not stock), and he said in pretty much every cases he prefers the TL-S (it was stock). He flat out said it was a better car.

Plus you get wonderful build quality, more space than the new G35, good reliability and fuel economy, plenty of power (at the hubs, the new Accord V6 6mt and the TL-S J35 are about identical and put down more power than the VQ35HR in the new G35, 350Z), good looks (better than G35 IMO, ESPECIALLY since all Nissans are now pretty much aping it). and the best dealer network in the country in terms of customer service (which Acura was just voted by someone like JD Power and Associates).

It won't be a wrong choice, even though the internet haters say it will.

Just drive the 6MT and the 5AT, to see which you like best. I have seen a lot of people get the 6MT when they expected to get the 5AT because of the added performance, and the fact that they are actually very easy to drive.

P.S. Kinetic Blue Pearl is definitely the better color.
              Last edited by owequitit; 11-26-2007, 01:46 PM.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                I think they already updated that. That was the previous generation. Nice car I would rock it. My friend has one she has an 05 auto. Its nice.
                Ohh so that problem was addressed..
                accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                ....................My New Baby
                SOLD TO
                ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

I like some of the sleaker parts of the 0708s like the tail lights, wheels, exhaust tips and rear flushy, but they dont seem as Hott as the 0506s....

Just my $.02.

GL with it and post up some pics, eh?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .ˇ ` ' / ˇ. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

i'd rock the auto no questions asked, and the blue is to die for i love that blue and well everybody and there mom has a black car. I'm sure you would like the 6spd but its all in the owners preference. and I think it would be funny to go up against a G35 and keep up with em with a FWD car gotta love the faces people make when they think there RWD car is soooo much better than FWD until they end up getting left in the dust. and yes get the Type-S mmmmm I want one now lol

ninja edit: didnt those come with the S.H.A.W.D. (super handling all wheel drive) or was it a differnt model acura?
                    Originally posted by jboyce
                    i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb7accord
                      i'd rock the auto no questions asked, and the blue is to die for i love that blue and well everybody and there mom has a black car. I'm sure you would like the 6spd but its all in the owners preference. and I think it would be funny to go up against a G35 and keep up with em with a FWD car gotta love the faces people make when they think there RWD car is soooo much better than FWD until they end up getting left in the dust. and yes get the Type-S mmmmm I want one now lol

ninja edit: didnt those come with the S.H.A.W.D. (super handling all wheel drive) or was it a differnt model acura?

Currently, the only Acura's that have SH-AWD are the RL, RDX, and MDX.

I would say it is more than fairly likely that the next TL and TSX will have it standard, or optional, depending on the car. It is also possible that it will be RWD biased.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                        Currently, the only Acura's that have SH-AWD are the RL, RDX, and MDX.

I would say it is more than fairly likely that the next TL and TSX will have it standard, or optional, depending on the car. It is also possible that it will be RWD biased.

ah ya thats right the RL is what I was thinking of.
                        Originally posted by jboyce
                        i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

I have driven a few FWD cars and the G35 coupe amongst other RWD cars... dynamically, I just don't see how it would come close, my last two CBs had pretty good setups and were awesome to drive, but they came nowhere near the G...

But for daily driving, owequitit's right, you don't know whether you're being pushed or pulled, and the room FWD saves is significant. Though I doubt fuel economy will be better, as the cars weigh the same and make the same power. I would get the G. But the TL is definitely not a bad choice, especially if you can get a new one for a bargain price.

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

owequitit

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                                I have driven a few FWD cars and the G35 coupe amongst other RWD cars... dynamically, I just don't see how it would come close, my last two CBs had pretty good setups and were awesome to drive, but they came nowhere near the G...

But for daily driving, owequitit's right, you don't know whether you're being pushed or pulled, and the room FWD saves is significant. Though I doubt fuel economy will be better, as the cars weigh the same and make the same power. I would get the G. But the TL is definitely not a bad choice, especially if you can get a new one for a bargain price.

Acutally the TL DOES get better MPG. Simple matter of reduced drivetrain loss, and probably ECU tuning. Another thing TOV reported about the car. And the G isn't exactly known for its MPG.

Also, you are comparing a 17 year old CB7 to a what 2003+ $40K car?

Hardly apples to apples. The TL is lightyears beyond the CB in terms of suspension geometry. In fact, stock it would hand a CB its ass, despite the fact that it is a lot heavier and a lot bigger.

The 7th gen Accord will too, but they made the rear anti roll bar really small so that it wouldn't encroach into TL territory.

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=695016

He talks about G35 vs TL here. He is comparing the last gen G35 coupe 6MT to the TL, but some of the dynos he has shown were the new VQ35HR plots vs the J35 in the TL and Accord coupe 6MT, which coincidentally were practially identical.

He also discusses the fact that understeer doesn't rear its head until pretty much the limit. And that was on all season tires, as the Type-S they tested did not have the summer tires.

I have also driven a lot of RWD cars. Just because the rear wheels are pushing, isn't an automatic recipe for better handling or balance. Muscle cars from the 70's had RWD and plenty of power. Handling balance wasn't something they were known for. The same goes for plenty of recent RWD cars as well.

The G35 is a capable handler, but then again so is the TL. They have different feels, and they require different driving styles, but in terms of overall performance, they are similar. Also, for someone who is realistic about where they will be using the car, it is mostly a moot point. You won't find understeer in the TL-S until around .9G, so I hardly see that being a deciding factor in a DD, whereas the interior space, and added materials quality over the last gen G (it is about equal to the current one) would weigh far more heavily.

IMO you are using a flawed and biased basis for comparison to justify your opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X