What lack of maintainance will do....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What lack of maintainance will do....

thsi was in the "eye candy" section on vadriven.com. but i HIGHLY doubt this is eye candy...this will make you cringe:

Originally posted by LXative
    A tech got this job at work today.....it was a 97-99ish BMW 528i. There was a hellacious metallic noise under the hood.....as the tech heard when he started it. A few seconds later he heard what sounded like a rock hitting a stop sign........but the car ran ok, despite a dead miss on a couple of cylinders.

Let me state a few things before you scroll down and look at the pics:

1) The car was started, and driven into the shop

2) The car was maintained meticulously until recently. All scheduled services were done at our dealership, and were up to date until a period involving the most current 45-50,000 miles.......which there was no history

3) Not my camera, some shitty camera for the body shop

Nothing lysol can't clean up.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Damnn !!!!
      accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
      ....................My New Baby
      SOLD TO
      ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

I hear sludgey bimmers aren't so uncommon since there 10k mile oil changes on conventional oil. Add people waiting a little longer, never checking oil inbetween, long idling or never getting up to temp, overall bad maintenance etc. Then people like this how seem to just put in gas and drive.

But damn. O_o

EDIT: lol at 666 post count
        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
          EDIT: lol at 666 post count

lmao

and i dont know why BMW suggests waiting 10K before an oil change. what kind of motor does it have to go that long without an oil change.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
            lmao

and i dont know why BMW suggests waiting 10K before an oil change.
            In their defence, they've probably built more engines than you have.
            2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
            Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
            1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
              Theyve built more engines than you too.

But that doesnt mean they are making any sort of logical statement. Since when have germans been sane?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB

understandable but that still doesnt explain why their motors can go 10k without an oil change but others cant without blowing up or spinning a bearing.

i just want to know why they recommend going 10k without an oil change or maintainance. saying that they've built more engines than i have doesnt explain nothing. honda is the most reliable car out there but yet you dont see them recommending 10k before an oil change.

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
                  Since when have germans been sane?

lmao. never. ive yet to hear of the germans doing anythign sane. lmao. j/k

Comment

Don't quote me on the 10k changes.
                    Actually, a quick search shows I remembered wrong. Its 15k miles or one year O_O
                    http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho....php?p=2093953

But Honda switched to 10k changes a bit ago. They've had 7,500 ones for at least the last two decades.
                    Last edited by Otto; 11-03-2007, 01:11 PM.
                    Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
                      But Honda switched to 10k changes a bit ago. They've had 7,500 ones for at least the last two decades.
                      Werd. If I ran it hard all the time I'd do every 3k but I don't so I do my oil changes every 6-7.5k miles and I've been runnin' high mileage synthetic blend with great results.
                      "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                      "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                      ><((((º>

Comment

I do not follow what manufacturers tell me on this subject. Oil doesnt last that long unless you drive like a fucking grandma.

Because driving the nuts off my brand fucking new urban assault vehicle on cooked oil is a brilliant idea. I laughed at them when they said 'dont come in till January or when your at 15k'. The last thing I want to do is wait for a warranty motor. I dont care if its free, down time is a BITCH. Especially when your pig Soarer is broke and uninsured lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
                          Oil doesnt last that long unless you drive like a fucking grandma.
                          My wife says that about me sometimes. I don't have $200/year insurance rates for nothin'. I used to pay $200 a month in my younger reckless days.
                          "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                          "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                          ><((((º>

Comment

Oh wow, lol. I've got mine down to about $700 and still have lots of coverage. Better than the 2,000 with minimal coverage I was paying a few years back.

I do the Honda 7.5k changes with any name brand synthetic I can get cheap. Nice to just forget about it till the mileage indicator changes color, or about every three months.

Comment

DELICIOUS!!

Originally posted by Dv8
                              Theyve built more engines than you too.

But that doesnt mean they are making any sort of logical statement. Since when have germans been sane?
                              OMG WHERE MY FRIEND WHEN I NEED HIM LMAO

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                              Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                              NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Working...
                              X