Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

finished my b18b swap car dies at throttle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finished my b18b swap car dies at throttle?

I finished my b18b swap in the eg

the motor had a broken tps, so i bought a TB off of a crv with a good map and TPS

when i crank the car, it runs incredibly rich, and when i hit the gas it just turns off.

i have a check engine light, which doesnt read anthything just a solid cel. im guessing this is limp mode,

so i checked all fuses, theyre fine, and i unplugged the map while it was running, and it went crazy, so i know my map works, however i unplugged the tps and there was no change

still died at throttle.

i thought that if it was in limp mode, the map sensor wouldnt matter right?

it is running super rich and i have no idea whats causing all this, i had to convert the harness and i spliced the injectors, is it possible the injector wires are backwards??

help
    ]

Finally lets get her cleaned up and make sure shes running right...post pics buddy..
    accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
    ....................My New Baby
    SOLD TO
    ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

man u didnt have to go buying a whole new throttle body i coulda just sold you a good TPS for you throttle body but anyway the CRV TPS might have a wrong TPS voltage for your engine, but i cant say for sure. you need a specific voltage TPS signal for your specific application. example being that i saw a DIY of some guy with a teg setting his TPS to .42 volts but my TPS requires .51 volts to run properly. i imagin you are not entirely confident in you mechanical skills. but if you can do an engine swap you oughta be able to calibrate a TPS. just get a multimeter and search the DIY on here and try that. this does sounds like a TPS problem tho. sounds like the TPS voltage is too high at idle meaning the voltage signal is sending more fuel, but obviouslt not getting enough air makes sense to me

-sean
      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

vaccum lines?

Comment

Have you checked the fuel pump , filter , and pressure?
          Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Working...
          X