DhN:1992 Civic Hatchback CX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xwade01
    Would have to be extremely careful with the B20 Vtec build, they yield a lot of power, but skimp out on a simple part and boom it's done. Kind of the same w/ the LS Vtec build, got to build it right to be reliable, and have the best power outcome!!

As for your transmission swap, and the head swap you'll be looking at a huge gain. They seem so fast for what the motor actually is. Goodluck!
    that law goes for ANY build! ...you forget a key ingredient in a build..and its .....

I was helping this guy do a head swap...F22B DOHC head off of the locked up block and onto a F22A6 block....DIRECT slapon.....guy insisted he would do it alone...so I said..aight...

a week later...he calls me..and says..he can't get it started....i head over there...and this idiot of a moron didn't use the STOCK dizzy that came with the head...he took it off and slapped on the A6 Dizzy....the ECU for the F22B was for an INTERNAL coil setup and not the EXTERNAL coil dizzy

I told him before he insisted on him doing it.......I said..I have experience in this...you sure you dont want me to finish it...he said no...
    92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
    My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

The ECU can't tell the difference between an external or internal distributor....

The engine can tho. But just because he put on an external coiled distributor doesn't mean it wouldn't start. Even an internal coiled f22a distributor wouldn't have started it.

He could have used an h23 distributor, which is externally coiled.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
        The ECU can't tell the difference between an external or internal distributor....

The engine can tho. But just because he put on an external coiled distributor doesn't mean it wouldn't start. Even an internal coiled f22a distributor wouldn't have started it.

He could have used an h23 distributor, which is externally coiled.
        I dunno, all I know is...that EXTERNAL coiled dizzy didn't work with the F22B DOHC head... ( it wasn't getting spark ) BUT, it worked fine before we took the engine apart.

all he had was the A6 Dizzy and the STOCK dizzy that came with the head!

but you're right...a H23 dizzy would've worked fine!.....but I went to the junkyard..and got the INTERNAL coiled plugs...rewired the harness...and used the stock dizzy...and it started right up....smoked a little upon startup but it was fine after a few seconds!

electrical tape and solder are my friends!
        92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
        My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
          both you and chris..gave me good ideas...of great beasts..BUT

im keeping it single cam...im lookin for a nice reliable quick hatch..not really wanting to make this into a fast as shit car..YET..i want it to make some good power...the handling is sexy already...once i swap out to the si tranny boost..and headswap..itll be lovely for me..ill eventually upgradeto a bigger turbo..hell..might even swap..but for now...im jus doing a budget build..if somethign goes wrong...d15/d16 blocks are dime a dozen since everyone swaps them out..i have new pics btw but have the most annoying camera and usb cable ever
          Honestly...170-180whp in a hatch, done reliably, would make for a great fun street car. They only weigh 2400 lbs or so. What good is 300 hp if you can't even put it to the pavement without slicks, right?

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
            Honestly...170-180whp in a hatch, done reliably, would make for a great fun street car. They only weigh 2400 lbs or so. What good is 300 hp if you can't even put it to the pavement without slicks, right?

The CX actually weighed just over 2000lbs in stock form, so that is an extra 300lb weight advantage.

200 Crank HP would give them an power to weight ratio of about 10:1 as measured by production car standards.

200WHP would give them much more...

It doesn't take much to get them to move, especially the CX.

Also, in regards to staying NA for awhile if you decide to, The Y8 mani would be best, as the significantly larger plenum is nice for top end.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

x24.31
              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
              Disregard females, acquire currency
              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                The CX actually weighed just over 2000lbs in stock form, so that is an extra 300lb weight advantage.

200 Crank HP would give them an power to weight ratio of about 10:1 as measured by production car standards.

200WHP would give them much more...

It doesn't take much to get them to move, especially the CX.

Also, in regards to staying NA for awhile if you decide to, The Y8 mani would be best, as the significantly larger plenum is nice for top end.
                They were 400 lbs lighter than the Si? Whoa.

The Z6 head/Y8 mani's the setup to have, right? God, my friend's old hatch research wore off on me.

Comment

They were 400 lbs lighter than the Si? Whoa.

The Z6 head/Y8 mani's the setup to have, right? God, my friend's old hatch research wore off on me.

About 300lbs. The EG Si weighed in about 2350 lbs, and the CX was a little less than 2050. When you think of all the features, and interior parts, sound deadening, etc, it makes sense.

Personally, I would opt for the Y8 head and mani. The Y8 head has better quench area on the CC, but the port divider wall, is slightly angled for better turbulence and mixing. You can machine that out though.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I may join the ranks.

I love Accords but I'm getting sucked into the Civic vortex.

Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

^^HAR.....lol.

They are really cool when you think about it. I loved Chris's and was actually looking for an EG coupe but fell into a deal with the one I have. Although I do agree with you, if modded right the CB can be a nice car.(see, not all Civic drivers hate accords).

I'm not sure about the numbers and stuff when it comes to the z6/y8 head but I do agree with any one who said the Y8 mani is the one to have. Can't wait to see progress pics DhN.

Comment

Swap in teh F22A6 + H23 IM... that shit should run 12s

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by TekSi
                          ^^HAR.....lol.

They are really cool when you think about it. I loved Chris's and was actually looking for an EG coupe but fell into a deal with the one I have. Although I do agree with you, if modded right the CB can be a nice car.(see, not all Civic drivers hate accords).

I'm not sure about the numbers and stuff when it comes to the z6/y8 head but I do agree with any one who said the Y8 mani is the one to have. Can't wait to see progress pics DhN.
                          Yeah unfortunately this car turned out to be a flop. My back hurts after driving it (I hate coil overs with a passion ) and I doubt that car will see me as it's new owner.

Someone said it best though ' I would never buy someone else's project.' and thats what I immediately thought after viewing this car.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I'm looking at becoming a traitor as well...Del Sol or a White CX Hatch. Have my cousin pull some strings, and get a B16 for cheap, swap, pwn.

Oh, off topic: I just found out my cousin worked at RS Machine, the shop that used to build Bisi's engines for him...I might be getting my self some deals on a cam here soon.
                            Originally posted by sweet91accord
                            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

lil update..no pics

car almost got stolen..some dumb thieves tried to get in my car..i have alot of hidden security so i knew theyd have trouble..they broke one of my window visors..so im just taking them both off..also left a few dents which i had to fix..and aligned the window they fucked up trying to pry into the car

picked up a new motor..d16z6 i got zex stage 2 cam..zex valves..crower retainers...turbo kit is complete minus fuel pump...everything should be swapped in..in a few weeks..wooot

Comment

You should sell all the zex stuff unless you plan to use it all together with the turbo kit.

NA d16's suck, sadly enough. I was really looking to build one NA, but after seeing that it takes even more than what it takes for f22's, no thanks.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                                X