1996 Toyota Camry XLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 Toyota Camry XLE

I decided that a replacement for the totalled cb7 will a 96 Camry XLE. I had my eyes on 00/01 Nissan Maxima, but its way to expensive. Hondas are out of the question because of rust problems. This generation of Camry's are super reliable, but lack the sporty feel compared to Hondas,but rarely rust out. Any comments?

Hey buddy you gotta do you...lets see some pics.
    accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
    ....................My New Baby
    SOLD TO
    ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

That gen camry is more of sometin my grandma would drive.Their boooooorrriiinnngggg
      Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

well you're right, those cars are really reliable. my grandmas had one since she bought it new in 96 ands never had any problems with it.

questions:

- pics?
        - when are you getting another Accord?
        Originally posted by deevergote.
        And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Originally posted by 91 EX-R
          well you're right, those cars are really reliable. my grandmas had one since she bought it new in 96 ands never had any problems with it.

questions:

- pics?
          - when are you getting another Accord?
          Still haven't bought it, but will buy it within 3 weeks because the cb7 will be going to the junkyard.

Although tempting, another used Accord is not going to happen and you know why:rust.

Comment

Originally posted by fac90
            Although tempting, another used Accord is not going to happen and you know why:rust.
            you're right, rust is a major problem for the Accord. it just takes a bit of searching and luck to find one that isnt too bad. i found mine up here (91 EX-R coupe) for $1200 last year with a little bit of surface rust on one quarter panel and thats it! i could just be lucky but i dont know.

plus, you could just get a newer Accord. i see VERY few rusting CD5's up here and none newer than that with rust starting to show. and when you think about it, a CD5 is almost the same as a CB7.

but i guess if you must, then go for the Camry. im just trying to convince you to stay with at least the Honda family.
            Originally posted by deevergote.
            And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Originally posted by 91 EX-R
              you're right, rust is a major problem for the Accord. it just takes a bit of searching and luck to find one that isnt too bad. i found mine up here (91 EX-R coupe) for $1200 last year with a little bit of surface rust on one quarter panel and thats it! i could just be lucky but i dont know.
              lol yea but i got my 93 LX coupe for 1400 perfect body Zero rust woot and its stil that way

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
              1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread
              Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

you are right...thats the same as mine...

have mine since 98 and got no problem with it..
                never did fix anything YET..and still flying around with 76xxx...

my cb has under 97xxx and sometimes need this and that..
                Last edited by kouzie; 06-23-2007, 03:12 AM.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

They can be changed (appearance wise) to look good. I mean take a look at the CB Accords, they look boring as well but with a few cosmetic pieces it can look nice.

Comment

Working...
                  X