turbo---- B16 vs. H22 (for an EH hatch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YESS ud dint get emotional..usually guys get sensitive..anyway

in all honesty...if i had that amount of money personally id do a keserie..just from seeing N/A hatches running close to or at 11 sec on the quarter...the aftermarket is rapidly manufacturing things to cater to the k series...i dont know to much about the swpa process..but various forums have the how to's..many have done it...the h22..yes i would sleeve..i was gonna sleeve it when i had my accord but i got aa hatch...the h22 is jus to costly of a motor to boost then blow up and have to buy and build again ya know...hondatech has some very good deals in their marketplace for build kits for the h22..id also look into in vesting in a peakboost turbo kit...www.cheapturbo.com umm your initial questions were just to general..and you were searching for opinions ya know..id just read up on boosted h22's on this forum and honda tech..OOO and heres a good site..preludepower.com go to their forced induction forum and read the stickys..if you wanna boost an h22 they have some real good info. boost is unpredictable..you dont want to hit a boost spike or have some random problem..and blaaoow there goes your motor..sleeving doesnt make it bullet proof...but it helps greatly and with the amount of power you want to push sleeves would be pretty essential...uinless you have trhe money for 2 h22's..you can boost the stock one..while you build the other

Comment

I agree with most of what DhN is saying. I dont see why people despise the K series its a good motor. And with equal mods it will put out a B or an H at a track.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

$300 budget isnt the b18/hx45, haha. so far its going to be a 42/48 T3 on a d16z6

Originally posted by DhN
        heres an e biscuit for you...

now factor in the money for maintanence..repairs..little shit tha goes wrong..tuning upgrades and etc..in the long run itll be expensive imo
        E biscuit? WTF kind of phrase is that?

Regardless, what major maintenance is needed? Tuning is free as I have a friend whos doing it for me it'll be cheap for me lol

Also, K series is hype, just ask Mr. J. Davis
        Chris's Turbo F22 Project (SSAutoChrome)
        My 93 Honda Civic Turbo Project/Members ride page

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
          YESS ud dint get emotional..usually guys get sensitive..anyway

in all honesty...if i had that amount of money personally id do a keserie..just from seeing N/A hatches running close to or at 11 sec on the quarter...the aftermarket is rapidly manufacturing things to cater to the k series...i dont know to much about the swpa process..but various forums have the how to's..many have done it...the h22..yes i would sleeve..i was gonna sleeve it when i had my accord but i got aa hatch...the h22 is jus to costly of a motor to boost then blow up and have to buy and build again ya know...hondatech has some very good deals in their marketplace for build kits for the h22..id also look into in vesting in a peakboost turbo kit...www.cheapturbo.com umm your initial questions were just to general..and you were searching for opinions ya know..id just read up on boosted h22's on this forum and honda tech..OOO and heres a good site..preludepower.com go to their forced induction forum and read the stickys..if you wanna boost an h22 they have some real good info. boost is unpredictable..you dont want to hit a boost spike or have some random problem..and blaaoow there goes your motor..sleeving doesnt make it bullet proof...but it helps greatly and with the amount of power you want to push sleeves would be pretty essential...uinless you have trhe money for 2 h22's..you can boost the stock one..while you build the other
          lol ok, thanks for the links, ill check them out, the reason im not going with the k series is because i havent done any research on them, they seem like really nice N/A motors, but idk about boost, i thought that the b16 motor is a good engine for boost because the strength of the block, i also thought that the h22 would be good for boost too because its a closed deck motor and it has a large displacement, you think a k24 with a k20 head would be good for boost?

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
            $300 budget isnt the b18/hx45, haha. so far its going to be a 42/48 T3 on a d16z6

E biscuit? WTF kind of phrase is that?

Regardless, what major maintenance is needed? Tuning is free as I have a friend whos doing it for me it'll be cheap for me lol

Also, K series is hype, just ask Mr. J. Davis
            FREE TUNING?! lucky lol, wanna hook it up sometime :], D16? i heard they have really weak rods and the heads dont flow well, but some have made some nice numbers on the track, dont remember which, how much more do you need to save?

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              I agree with most of what DhN is saying. I dont see why people despise the K series its a good motor. And with equal mods it will put out a B or an H at a track.
              what makes it so much better? thats what i dont understand about the K series

Comment

Go on Honda tech and look. All the info is there. Head is really good flowing. Engine itself responds to modifications really well. You tune it with a Kpro people are pushing over 200whp NA. If you can do that with a few bolt ons think of what you can do with a turbo. Also There is a strong market out for them. There are a couple boosted K series on there you just gotta look for them. The only benefit I see now is that the b series stuff is slightly cheaper because of the emergence of the K.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

lol at this idiot..excited cause he has a cheap as shit turbo kit..running ssautochrome?

if it works it works..but an N/A k series hatch..tuned..will rape your shit...its all but hype

to the original poster..is this going to be a street car..or track car? and what numbers are yu looking for again? also...did you consider suspension and clutch upgrades?

Comment

No one's suggested a B20 block/B16 head yet?

That's the way I'd go if I was boosting.

Comment

im not a big b series fan..especially when i could buy a k...that swap would be pretty good tho..

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                          im not a big b series fan..especially when i could buy a k...that swap would be pretty good tho..
                          While there is no arguing the K is a better engine, The price and swap complexity are definitely issues.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

yeh//thats why im actually sticking with the d series lol..eventually i may move onto a b or k..its jus..financially those swaps arenta priority and idk..the overtime id be working..jus doesnt make it seemn worth it right now

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                              lol at this idiot..excited cause he has a cheap as shit turbo kit..running ssautochrome?

if it works it works..but an N/A k series hatch..tuned..will rape your shit...its all but hype

to the original poster..is this going to be a street car..or track car? and what numbers are yu looking for again? also...did you consider suspension and clutch upgrades?
                              You --> <-- Me. I'm just explaining that your idiotic statement of "turbocharging a car is always expensive" is null and void.

The SSAutoChrome project is my cousins, he's spent $1200+ on it. I've yet to creep over the $200 mark as of now.

Look at how many STOCK K series engines bite the dust, or the transmissions don't like to shift into certain gears anymore... its all hype. It seems some have good luck with them, but they have more problems than I've ever heard from any other Honda series engine, ever.
                              Chris's Turbo F22 Project (SSAutoChrome)
                              My 93 Honda Civic Turbo Project/Members ride page

Comment

never heard any problems with k series...on the contrary look at the boost problems..just shut the fuck..

im glad you spent nothing on your kit./.GOOD FOR YOU YOU FUCKING COCK SWAB..boost can and most likley will be expensive for most people in the long run..your shitty turbo kit...vs a boosted k series...lmao...anyway moving on

Comment

Working...
                                X