2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini
        fucking sellout
        Thats a bit harsh at least he is still with in the family...
        accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
        ....................My New Baby
        SOLD TO
        ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini
          fucking sellout

....dont you have a bmw to be lusting over?

Comment

Originally posted by cleanz_28
            whats a clutch lock ????
            http://www.carryboy.com/3lock542.php

Comment

The D16 is a severely underrated motor IMO. Especially in a hatch.

They don't have a lot of torque, but in an EG hatch they don't need it.

With a few bolt ons and a mini me head swap they WILL lay down more WHP than a stock B16, and have a better powerband to boot.

All for a couple hundred bucks, and it is pretty much completely theft proof (nobody wants them).

Then if you do something stupid and blow it, OOOPS! You can probably find another for free they are so sought after.

My EG was a base hatch, and with a non VTEC D16Y7 (106HP from EK base hatch), with the OBD-1 IM and a stock but oversized TB (pretty sure it was from a B18A), and an RS*R header, mine ran a consistent 15.1, with the DX/LX tranny (taller than the EX/Si).

Had I done the mini me, and a couple of other things, I could have easily been in the 14's, with no reliability or security issues.

Oh, yeah, it got 40MPG city too.

Honestly, you need to check out dseries.org if you haven't already.

The D series isn't nearly the turd everyone thinks it is.

Everything is dirt cheap, it was fundamentally the same for 12 years, it was just as overbuilt as other Hondas, and depending on how you do it, they are VERY boost friendly.

Mine was boosted before I got it. No EMS, no boost control, no nothing. It ran fine until one of the ghetto rigged oil lines split, and pumped all the oil out.

It spun a bearing. Still ran, but sounded bad. Boosted on the way to the house (still no oil since it wasn't that far, and it was dead anyway), and it completely ate a rod and piston, and put 3 large holes in the block.

Still ran.

It ran when it was pulled. That was the lowly D15B7, with a 2 valve head.

Stock D series rods are good to about 250-300whp with a good tune.

If you do the math on a stripper EG, 200 WHP gives you a power to weight ratio of 10:1. That is supercar territory.

Also, the D16Y8 has a head with better quench areas, but the intake port seperating wall is a little funky, in that it is slightly canted toward one side to induce swirl in one of the intake valves. Usually, a P&P job can take care of that though I believe.

They also have room for a fairly aggressive cam due to their design.

Bisi would be a good resource on that since he was a D series guy before he was an F series guy.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

whats a clutch lock ????
                1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
                -Nava

Comment

Originally posted by cleanz_28
                  whats a clutch lock ????
                  please dont whore my thread..i linked you to one....just search on google for clucth lock

and thanks owequitit...ill check that site out

Comment

nice buy, i definitely miss mine. throw some nice coilovers or spring/shock combo on there and it'll feel like a go-cart. add 200whp to that, and you'll have a very well balanced car. if you can take time to rebuild the engine, definitely upgrade the pistons/rods, just to be safe. i think doing a z6 head swap would be the easies because you're already wired for obd-1.

if you want to swap it, spend the extra money and do a K-series. i'm pretty sure there's already kits out for it.

Whatever you do, don't cheap out on parts, you'll be much happier if you spend the money and do it right the first time.

Comment

D16s can make Civics pretty quick. There was a dude in my parents' neighborhood with an ED sedan that I swore had a B16, but was really a D16 with a strong clutch.

In any case... I hope you registered it in North Dakota... other than that, good luck with your project. You should come to the meet this Saturday.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

look good w/ easy work too..

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD
                          look good w/ easy work too..
                          serious, one of my old time HS buddies had a red hatch and he beat the shot out of that thing and still ran with no maintainece.

the engine bay was practically empty...i was jealous
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                            ....dont you have a bmw to be lusting over?
                            You know it I hate hatches because this kid with a boosted hatch whoop my ass sometime last year, I wasnt really racing but I couldnt catch him for shit My baby needs a heart transplant or maybe I just need a M3 Anyways, good shit bro....only guaranteed in your lifetime is change
                            Last edited by Gemini; 05-29-2007, 11:43 PM.
                            1993 Accord LX - Sold
                            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                              damn nikka, thats some serious protection there. Do they make something like that for autos? I doubt it because it wouldnt work the same way.
                              1993 Accord LX - Sold
                              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD

Comment

yeh thanks for the comments guys....it was bound to happen sooner or later..i REALLY miss my cb7 tho..it hurt wtahcing it get towed by the new owner..but ill get over it...ill def hit up some meets

ps...i was on bimmerforums.com....man..now i know why you lust after m3's lol...

Comment

Working...
                                X