Scion TC? What do you think of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey...a good debate....

Like i said before, I love my CB7...I still drive my CB7...however it's nice to have something different. The scion xB most def...(everyone can drive a round...smooth...streamlined car....but not everyone can pull off this strange looking brick on wheels). speaking of brick...the xB only has like a 0.1 or so more drag than a camry!

However...I just don't like when people voice their opinions so blindly...it seemed like too many people in this forum just hate scion...."just because". It's understood that this IS an accord forum...but c'mon guys...

I respect opinions...all the way...blind ones...that's just wrong..

One more thing...the other thing I like about scion IS the fact that they have some options from the dealership. It reminds me of Japan SO much. I remember being there where you could pick out the same kind of options straight form the dealer. When I was in Japan, I remember when the R34 Skyline was just released and all the dealer installed options were in a catalogue fashion....very much like Scion...lowering springs...body kits...spoilers...stuff like that...dealer installed.

as for toyota/scion's success with this stateside...i guess we'll have to wait and see.
    i moved to kentucky....DNB doesn't mean drum 'n' bluegrass...

Comment

Dealer installed options are cool. I agree with that. I just don't like it as a marketing premise! Seems like Scion focuses more on the customizability of the cars than the quality of the cars themselves.

Strangely enough, through this whole debate with me arguing how I don't like Scion, I've actually gained more respect for the company than I had before! If Scion came out with a 2300lb-or-less RWD car... hatchback, roadster, or something unique... I would be all over it! Aside from the fact that Toyota is in a prime position to grab the drifting trend by the cajones with a sequel to the AE86, they (meaning EVERYONE) just don't make cheap little RWD cars anymore! Something like that would truly be embraced by the "tuner" crowd.

Comment

Working...
      X