Dodge SRT-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodge SRT-4

Okay, I've made a few comments about this car hoping to fish some opinions out of you guys, but none of you bit so I'll ask you straight out.

The Dodge SRT-4 cost between $17,000-20,000. Stock, it runs the 1/4 mile in 14 seconds flat (according to super2NR TV.) There's no need to replace the exhaust because IMO it sounds perfect the way it is. Functional hood scoop to cool the turbo. The seats are equal to any aftermarket racing seat. The only thing I dislike about the SRT-4 is the fact that it's based on the neon, the ugliest fucking car in the world, again IMO. However if I simply couldn't get the image of a first gen Neon out of my head, there are PLENTY of body kits out there.

Any of you who have read very many of my posts know that I'm the guy who goes for the most bang for my buck. In that aspect, this is about as good as it gets. True, it's domestic. True, it's not the most attractive. But the simple fact is, if you want anything close to this level of quality and performance, this by far is going to be your cheapest option.

So what's your opinion of the SRT-4?
    91 Accord LX

MotoraZ Chrome 4-2-1 headers
    intake
    exhaust

I think the dodge neon srt-4 is amazing. It's performing so well that people respect it even thought it's a neon. For 20k your not going to find a brand new car that performs that well.

I do however wish they were awd. The new ones come with an lsd but I still think they need to switch the drivetrain.

Who knows, maybe they all blow up past 50k just like the rest of the neons out there. I guess only time will tell.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

I wish they were too but I wish I had the money. But they arent all wheel drive but if hooked up right . But i rather keep my accord anyday 4th gen all the way.

Comment

has good performance out of the box.

but the rear windows are still manual
        and i'm unsure of the neon long-term reliability.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

you know as of long-term check out that incident in that other state about them having defects and the motors blowin up after that 5-10 k miles the rear window manual, of thats a no,no too

Comment

I kinda agree that buy a new car off the lot is a waste of time as well. Between that and the fact that I hate to owe anybody anything including a car dealership, I doubt I'll ever get a new car. For me reliability is as an important factor as any in a car, I've yet to own a car that's less than a decade old. With a little matienance catch-up, I expect for a decade old car to run as well as a brand new one. So far I have only had experience with Volvos and the cb7 and from my experience, as long as you keep them well maintained, they'll last forever.

So just setting the record straight, I know the SRT-4 has a lot of downsides. In addition, with it being new, we've yet to find out if it has that "last forever" quality. I still think the srt-4 totally kicks ass in the performance oriented new car catagory, but hey that's my own opinion.
            91 Accord LX

intake
            exhaust

Comment

ok.. my opinions..
              a good comparison is the 1st gen Dsms..
              best bang for the buck but.. have shitloads of downsides..
              i feel the SRT-4 will have the same thing..
              it is rated at over 215hp but S.C.C quoted " Dodge said the SRT-4 rated 215whp, we dynoed the SRT-4 and it has well over 215hp, our butt dyno sure isnt complaining" unquote
              so they have a neon that is production anywhere from 215hp-250hp id say..
              for Dodge to do something so bold.. theyd have to know going into this deal that the SRT-4 was not gonna be babied, especially behind a 18year old going up against his buddys turboed GSR for revenge..
              i mean thats what it comes down to
              The RSX Type-S, RX-8, SRT-4 , WRX, all of these cars were made for people like us.. Import Tuners.. seriously.. look at all of these cars..
              their styling
              anyway back on track.. so far the SRT-4 has my vote for bang of the buck.. but that doesnt mean im gonna buy one.. a dodge is still a dodge.. and until this one proves itself or any dodge for that matter.. ill stick to something i know works even if its not at the top of the powerplant food change.. (HONDA)
              then again.. we do have the RSX Type-S.. which by the way.. hauls ass and has the illist sounding vtec ive come across.. well ill shut up now.. lol

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

I've never actually seen a RSX type S but since the RSX basically replaced the Integra, I don't really like the looks of it. In my opinion, the same goes for the RSX as the SRT-4, if I got one, I'd have to get a body kit as well.

But I also agree to what you said about the cars you listed, they are totally designed for guys like but. You're also right about the fact that the designers of the srt-4 totally knew that the majority of the owners of this car was gonna totally run the dog shit out of it.
                91 Accord LX

intake
                exhaust

Comment

It's a nice car. I like it. You can't really diss it though because it's a Dodge. The engine is basically an Eclipse boosting 16-18psi. The one's I have heard of dieing young where because of stupid users tring to crank the boost up. The car is deffinately designed to have the living shit run out of it.
                  My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

in my opinion, the srt-4's are a great deal but im skeptical as to how long they are gonna run for. who knows, they could be great and run for hundreds of thousands of miles with no problems. butttt as we step back into the realm of reality, it is a dodge and neons have a shitty rep, as do most us cars, and especially since this one has a hell of a lot of pressure running through it.

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

I say fuck it honda all the way alot of parts and availability without the dealer going into your shit and look for reasons not to fix it I think the reason why the those neons died is because of people tryin to up the boost and driving it hard,and because of some maufacturing thats a bad way to go for a car that was just released.

Comment

I think the SRT-4 is a bad car. Bad as in good. I would say it definitely is at the top of the list for bang for the buck. Reliability could be an issue as some of you have said. Only time will tell. I think that the car looks awesome. Some say they don't like it but I think it looks great. Especially for a neon. Neons aren't the best looking car out there but Dodge definitely changed it's image with the SRT-4. There is a guy where I live who has one. Took a close up look at it. It was good looking in person. However, I do think that manual rear windows is a nono. The SRT-4 definitey has some bark but we will see if that bark stays reliable through the years to come.
                        FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

I drop by the dodge website and the 2004 srt-4 come with 70, 000 miles or 7 year warantee, that no t bad but it just like other domestic, once you hit 80,000 it time for a new car.. But during the 7 year under warrentee, you can drive the shit out of it and the dealer will fix it for free, since it a factory turbo with warantee

Now why don't honda make a turbo car, they be selling so fast that make any domestic company cry of envy.
                          90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                          < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by blazen_accord
                            Now why don't honda make a turbo car, they be selling so fast that make any domestic company cry of envy.
                            Honda used to make Turbo equipped cars up to 1987. The last being the Acura Legend 2.7 V6 Turbo.

They cancelled the Turbo cars for the more favorable and still in development "Vtec" which had more benefit's and power (at the time) then competitors turbo cars.

Turbo's still have their down sides where as Vtec is more of the "Have your cake and eat it too" style.
                            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by blazen_accord
                              I drop by the dodge website and the 2004 srt-4 come with 70, 000 miles or 7 year warantee, that no t bad but it just like other domestic, once you hit 80,000 it time for a new car.. But during the 7 year under warrentee, you can drive the shit out of it and the dealer will fix it for free, since it a factory turbo with warantee

lmao about the last part, that would be the shit. As far as the first part, the way I see it once you buy a new car it's almost cheaper to keep buying new car. Buy a car, drive the living dog shit out of it for the first half of the warrenty, spend half your time at the shop getting the shit you brake fixed, then trade it in for a new one and do it all over again.
                              91 Accord LX

intake
                              exhaust

Comment

Working...
                              X