Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What fits in a 88 Jetta?

Hey,
    im helping a friend look for an engine that can be swapped for his 88 jetta....anyone knos what u can throw in there...im just trying to help my firnd out...thx.
    1991 Accord DX 4 Door A/T trans. about 117k miles
    "Anything is at walking distance...if you have the time."

i dunno about swaps but check out vwvortex.com

Comment

Use the Vr6 from the 93 up Corrado SLC, my brother has one, and it's fast.

Big 16g Turbo/H23 Head Swap/TSX Projectors

Comment

god danm i hate those thiengs i had to do a timing belt and a water pump on an 88 diesel not funn doing the timing because thiers no distributer.

i would say dont put shit into it because its a fucking vdub.
        ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
          god danm i hate those thiengs i had to do a timing belt and a water pump on an 88 diesel not funn doing the timing because thiers no distributer.

i would say dont put shit into it because its a fucking vdub.
          Wow, insightful answer to his question.

I think I'd research if the 1.8T fits into them, as I've heard they take very well to mods.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
            Wow, insightful answer to his question.

I think I'd research if the 1.8T fits into them, as I've heard they take very well to mods.
            my bad, the 1.8t doesnt fit because ud have to rewire the whole car. obd0. just look for the high end golf motor of that year.
            ]

Comment

I would have to go with what most people say the VR6 motor. Supercharge it and its a beast.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

a hamster and its wheel.

best combo for a Vdub

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

the 1.8T swap is pretty popular...the VR6 swap would be the ultimate, but then you will have to do a little more work in terms of suspension, brakes, wiring, mounts...so on...but it would be worth it
                  DEVOTE

Comment

personally i love the vr6 easy swap and get a manual tranny cause the auto will not hold up trust you would be happy
                    Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                      a hamster and its wheel.

best combo for a Vdub
                      LOL! I was going to post exactly that until I scrolled down! X2
                      1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                        a hamster and its wheel.

best combo for a Vdub
                        x33373636589595

i hate vdubs....except the Phaeton or the W8 Passat.
                        14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

oh and the DOHC 2.0 litre for the A2's are fairly quick, and can be turboed for big gains.
                          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

The best swap for your buddy would be based upon a lot of things, such as: How much is he looking to spend, what is his power goals, is the Jetta worth swapping and dumping a lot of money into, what kind of car does he want to build (Street/Strip, or strictly Strip), and simply again how deep is his pockets????

But as for swap I would say source out a nice VR6, and a 5-speed transmission. The VR6 will require a little more work than some swaps, but it's power and torque output is amazing. The motor is well balanced seeing as how it puts out a raw 175hp/175tq. The VR6 in that gen would be a monster because it's pretty light. Also the VR6 responds pretty well to mods; Bolt-ons, or Forced Induction wise. He will be very happy with results of the VR6 swap.

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                            ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
                            ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

Working...
                            X