Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How strong is the Geo Metro 3cyl engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How strong is the Geo Metro 3cyl engine?

I know the Metro is a crap car, but it's good on gas. I'm thinking of maybe looking into one of them for a poject... If the engine can take a beating, I could possibly boost it and have a wicked little ting that no one would expect to have any power. Hell, if I could make 170hp at the wheels in a Metro, it's be faster than my CB7.

Also, if boosting a Metro engine is even worth it, would a T3 be too big for it? (Wow, imagine a T3 being too big! )

Sport Compact Car magazine has a boosted Metro in one of their Ultimate Streetcar Challenges. Look into it. They also did an article about a high school auto tech class that made a Metro that is boosted (may be the same one) that hit 150+ in the Utah salt flats.

The Metro and Chevy Sprint use pretty much the same (if not identical) engines. If you can find a Sprint Turbo thats wrecked in a salvage yard (good luck) you can pull the small turbo straight off of it and it should bolt easily. There's a suprising amount of room under the hood of one of those little Geo Metro/Suzuki Sprint/(Canadian) Pontiac Fireflys.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Cool, thanks! Maybe I will look to the Metro for something... How about the Suzuki Swift... Is that similar? I came across a 5 speed Metro AND a 5 speed Swift today in my shopping...

Comment

If you're asking you've already got your answer no offence but a metro with 170hp is not gonna be good on gas stick to your cb7! It will stick with you!WESTSIDE

WaC!

Comment

Very true
          I think I've decided for sure on the 86 LXi hatchback... I have plans already

Comment

CX hatchbacks have 95 hp
            kiokin.com

Comment

CX hatchbacks have 95 hp and no passenger side mirror ()
              kiokin.com

Comment

will someone ellaborate on what a cx is?
                I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

Working...
                X