Drove a brand new Mazda3 2.3 today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drove a brand new Mazda3 2.3 today.

5 speed. Very nice. I was impressed by the handling of the car! And the little 2.3L engine had some nice pull. I wouldn't mind getting the Mazdapseed edition myself!

shit like me and you read, if u like the regular 3 then turbocharging the same platform to 263 HP sounds so sick for a front wheel driver

-sean
    Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
    Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

The stock 160 or whatever it makes was kickass! I can't imagine what the turbo one feels like...

Comment

I auto-x'd the 2.3L one myself and had a blast. It feels very similar to the CB in the driving position/dynamics, just with a better torque spread.

I wasn't able to play with a manual transmission version, just their manumatic version. It'd be a good commuter car IMO.

Comment

I actually got a chance to drive one awhile back and I was pretty impressed with it.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
          91 accord lx (5spd)
          92 accord lx (5spd)
          93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Good lord I want the Mazdaspeed 3.
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

I couldn't imagine that with 100 more horsepower... it was quite nice in stock form today! Too bad it's FWD... not that any of us would really NEED the traction of RWD (doesn't really come into play until you're approaching the single digit 1/4 times) but FWD just doesn't really inspire me anymore. My CB7 is it.

Comment

They're an alright car. The inside just blows, horrible material used. Suspension is okay, when going over train tracks, you lose all control.

but it has the nicest 5 spd I've driven for the price range.

Comment

I haven't driven many brand new cars in my lifetime... Saturn Ion, Chrysler Sebring (05 and 07), PT Cruiser, Chrysler Crossfire... all auto except the Mazda. I like the Mazda best for sure!

Comment

how does the saturn ion, civic, and the mazda3 compare? assuming all base models and 5 spd.
                    my 91 cb7
                    Originally posted by 4doorfury
                    I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

yeah my xgf had one.

I havnt talked to her since though

Comment

i know
                        some of the new mazda speeds come with turbos
                        correct me if im wrong.

Comment

Working...
                        X