Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun J30A4 vids.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=81196

Decent Vids of a bolt on 04 AV6 6speed vs an SRT-4 (not stock) and an EVO VIII (stock).
    Last edited by owequitit; 01-04-2007, 12:19 PM.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

wow, i didnt think they were that fast

Comment

I seriously think SOMEONE should make a J to K motor to tranny adapter...

Good stuff, sounds like a Maxima...

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
        I seriously think SOMEONE should make a J to K motor to tranny adapter...

Good stuff, sounds like a Maxima...
        then we can use the F to K with the K to J and have a J series or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
          then we can use the F to K with the K to J and have a J series or something like that

LOL! The JFK series.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
            LOL! The JFK series.
            lol super hybrid JFK Cb7!

damn.. them 7th gens are quick .. guess u can never underestimate an accord!
            -:¦:-
            Originally posted by wed3k
            i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

I'm impressed, in the last vid, the Accord really pulled away in 3rd gear. Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                wow, i didnt think they were that fast

LOL!

In the hands of a good driver, they are fairly easily mid to low 14 second cars stock.

Most of the bolt on guys are in the low 14's and some are even in the 13's.

They really do move. My mom's 4 door 06 Auto inched on a GTO the other week... yes, it actually happened.

The thing that sucks though, is you are pretty much limited to bolt on type stuff like intakes, underdrive pulleys, catback exhaust, Outlaw phenolic IM gaskets etc.

Plus, and LSD would be nice as well.

There is apparently a company making downpipes for them now (they don't have a "header" because the merge from 3 to 1 is cast into the head, which leaves 1 downpipe with a close coupled cat). I guess they include a slightly better pipe for performance as well as higher flow cats.

Then there is the underfloor cat (for a total of 3) that can be replaced with a high flow unit.

With the downpipe and exhaust upgrade though, people are still fairly easily getting an additional 20WHP or so out of them. I think a lot of it is where the 2 downpipes merge into 1 (the way Honda kinks them together is cheap, but not very efficient) if you look at pics of Accord V6 headers, you will see the part I am referring to.

One cool thing that was recently discovered was that with a slight modification to the radiator, the TL supercharger kit bolts right it.

The first guy to do it just recently finished it.

With a partial tune (AFRs only) at 5PSI he laid down about 310WHP (approximately 70WHP more than his baseline run).

They were having some ECU compatibility issues or something that was preventing a full tune though, but they think there may have been an additional 10-20WHP in there.

They have a lot of potential.

As far as the performance thing, this is one reason I rag on and on about FWD, AWD, and RWD.

The EVO is a damn quick car out of the box, but you notice that it really didn't even get much on the launch...

The apparent advantages of AWD and RWD are advertising in MOST cases.

There are some perceived design limitations with FWD, but one of the nice things about Hondas is that their geometry and design is so sophisticated, that you can usually do great things with more rubber and some suspension tweeks. Type Rs have long been tearing up heavier hardware on racetracks.

Really, you get into a different driving style.

RWD and AWD may feel "better" to some, but that is really a preference and doesn't mean that FWD feels "bad", but rather different.

For instance, when I take my car down a mountain road and actually get the tail to rotate in a corner, that has the same effect of the tail rotating, whether it is because I added power, or I trail braked a little tighter. It felt great though.

Honestly, I can say the CG isn't nearly as much of a pig as people want to pretend it is. They are easy to launch, have great gearing, are very responsive, and actually handle incredibly well for their weight. And that was stock with ass tires.

Glory, as for the engine note. It sounds sort of like the older VQ30 and maybe the VQ32, but in person, it isn't as rough sounding as the VQ35 is. The VQ35 doesn't sound crappy, but there is a texture to the sound, whereas the J30/J32 and even to some extent the J35, have more of a pure mechanical sound to them. It is kind of hard to explain, they just sound a little more refined.

Haven't heard the 07 G35 yet though, which promises to be a screamer.

Here is a post by the kid about what mods he has done:

thx guys well yea man you cant slack on the 7th gens lol there out there in little numbers but we are there. Well the evo was stock so I was happy with my results against him. My car just has the V2, custom downpipe since i did not want to remove my precats i started straight from there 2.5 inches. Exhaust, TB spacers, drop is only h-tech on stock struts w/ 225/45/17 goodyear rs-a. cant afford eagle 1's. I took off my comptech ss... long story on what that did to my car. So its pretty much a basic set up. Pulley's and some sort of fuel management system is next.
                I have been hearing around that nitrous cant be run with the apexi vtec controller is that true?

Comment

i thought the srt's were faster than that. maybe the accords bolton was a s/c.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN
                    lol super hybrid JFK Cb7!

damn.. them 7th gens are quick .. guess u can never underestimate an accord!
                    For a 3.0 that doesn't have a ton of fancy technology, and has been on the market for 10 years, yes they do very well.

And they flat move.

They aren't death defyingly quick, but even the autos don't have any trouble getting up and moving.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                      i thought the srt's were faster than that. maybe the accords bolton was a s/c.

Nope.

AEM V2

TB spacer

Custom downpipes w/ precats

2.5" catback exhaust

Really basic stuff actually.

Comment

Yea owe...the VQ30s have a more thrummy, pulsing note, where as the 3.5s have more of a wail. For the life of me I can't figure out where the difference lies.

And my suggestion was for people to mate a K-series manual tranny to the J30/J32 engine in something like a CG or a TL. The only real problem there would be axles, and possibly having to recalibrate the ECU for use with a manual car...

Those motors are strong as fack though. They look like they're right in line with the VQs, but without the expensive individual ignition coils and all that. It's really a shame the 6th gens didn't come with manual transmissions as they would have wiped the floor clean with the Maxima stock for stock. Suspension wise the CG is a Ferarri to the oxcart Maxima, and while they weighed substantially more (Maximas are only about 3000# stock) I doubt performance would have been seriously hampered.

I still think the VQ has more potential...there's a stock block VQ, turbo'd, making 400+WHP. A bolt on Maxima can make 200WHP easy. A 3.5 swap is easy to get, nets about 220-230WHP stock, and puts a 4th gen Max in the 13s.

But those V6 Accords will be nice when they're under $10K or so. Maybe I'll check for a coupe or something then. I'm really surprised by this vid though.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                          Yea owe...the VQ30s have a more thrummy, pulsing note, where as the 3.5s have more of a wail. For the life of me I can't figure out where the difference lies.

And my suggestion was for people to mate a K-series manual tranny to the J30/J32 engine in something like a CG or a TL. The only real problem there would be axles, and possibly having to recalibrate the ECU for use with a manual car...

Those motors are strong as fack though. They look like they're right in line with the VQs, but without the expensive individual ignition coils and all that. It's really a shame the 6th gens didn't come with manual transmissions as they would have wiped the floor clean with the Maxima stock for stock. Suspension wise the CG is a Ferarri to the oxcart Maxima, and while they weighed substantially more (Maximas are only about 3000# stock) I doubt performance would have been seriously hampered.

I still think the VQ has more potential...there's a stock block VQ, turbo'd, making 400+WHP. A bolt on Maxima can make 200WHP easy. A 3.5 swap is easy to get, nets about 220-230WHP stock, and puts a 4th gen Max in the 13s.

But those V6 Accords will be nice when they're under $10K or so. Maybe I'll check for a coupe or something then. I'm really surprised by this vid though.
                          I hear you on the tone. There are a lot of things that go into determining the sound. A big one is the valves apparently.

Realistically though, having driven the J manual, the gearing is superb all ready. I don't think it would be worth the effort to change it.

They have individual ignition coils on the J series. Coil on plug to be exact.

Actually (we had this conversation once) the Accord and an equally loaded Max of the same year weigh within 70LBS of each other. The Accord gets slightly better crash ratings, which to me is a fair trade.

2003 Maxima SE - 3233

Accord EX V6 - 3360 (3265 for the coupe)

Also, the VQ certainly has potential, but I don't know that it is more than the J series.

A 3400 LB V6 6 speed 4 door will run mid to low 14's stock.

The coupes are running low 14's/high 13's with bolt ons, and they are doing it with 3.0 Liters not 3.5.

Here is a video of a bolt on (I/H/E) TL running a 13.7@101. I post this because they are about 100-150lbs heavier than an Accord, but the Accord and the TL actually lay down within 10-15WHP of each other. I point this out, because I have seen some Accord 6 speed times that were slightly faster than some 6 speed TL times.

TOV got a stock 6 speed TL to run a 14.2, and the auto was about a 14.5 apparently.

Here is a vid of an auto Max vs an auto TL. The Max gets a slight jump out of the hole each time, but that is it. Sometimes it appears there is a driver launch issue with the TL, but we will assume equal drivers. That indicates the slightly better low end you would expect from the Max. They both need to learn to brake torque.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJi8Pevgrhk

All in all, they are both faster than what most people expect IMO.

Not saying one is better than the other, but nobody wants to give the J series credit. And I am sorry, but credit is due.

Comment

my moms got one...its an auto but its still f*ckin quick! i almost crashed it the other day becuase of the torque steer alone

havent lost a race yet...havent had that many though becuase theres not that many racers/ricers around here

and i also try to be careful with it hah

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
                              my moms got one...its an auto but its still f*ckin quick! i almost crashed it the other day becuase of the torque steer alone

havent lost a race yet...havent had that many though becuase theres not that many racers/ricers around here

and i also try to be careful with it hah
                              LOL!

Yeah my mom has an 06 Sedan.

I really like it. Had I not already driven an 04 6 speed coupe, I probably wouldn't know what I was missing. But since I have, I need the manual box!

I never had an issue with torque steer though...

And yes they are quick. Like I said. My mom's inched on a GTO.

I am sure it was an auto tranny 5.7 with 350HP, but seriously think about that for a second.

Comment

Working...
                              X