• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accord13&BA4
    I would get the s2000.

The Type R is just an Integra.
    Stripped too.
    No A/C, or luxuries.
    Though it's fast, dont get me wrong...i'd rather have an S2000, it's 100% sex on wheels. y0.

Didn't know the Type R didn't come with A/C . That'll defintly gonna make my brother go with the S2000 for sure. I was also considering trying to convince my brother to get the Type R just because I thought it handled better than the S2K, Guess not.

Night Wolf, He wanted to go with the integra Type R. Didn't think I had to mention which one cause they don'y make the civic type R over here right?

I guess the S2000 is the winner by a long shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7
      Didn't know the Type R didn't come with A/C . That'll defintly gonna make my brother go with the S2000 for sure. I was also considering trying to convince my brother to get the Type R just because I thought it handled better than the S2K, Guess not.

Night Wolf, He wanted to go with the integra Type R. Didn't think I had to mention which one cause they don'y make the civic type R over here right?

I guess the S2000 is the winner by a long shoot.
      I thought both were imported? not made here

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

^^^^^^
        IDK if they were made here, but I do know that the Integra type R was the only one available here.

Comment

dude just get the s2k trust us on this one

yeah 03 is the best year to get i hear cuz last year for the high rpm limit...and rear glass window..i something along those lines

Comment

high revs and hp sells cars... tq wins races.

Trust me when I say the more usable tq you have the better and more fun the drive is going to be. So go with the newer 04 as it looks a bit better and has a little bigger engine. They (f20c and f22c) run the same times in the quarter mile and all that other good stuff but the f22c is just more usable.
            Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
            registration is free

Comment

ITR ftw!!!11!1! s2k is too common IMO

94 GSR | 93 GSR

Comment

TYPE R but YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH S2K, S2000s are sexy. nothing wrong with hitting 9k on a daily basis

Comment

Get the s2k ,it has a more mature feel to it like you grown from the civics and integras. And its least likely to get stolen compared to the ITR. What would you rather have a car that youll hold down for a little while or a car that you got to contantly have to look over your shoulder till one day you rest your head and that shit is gawwwwwwwwwwn

Comment

I would definately go with the s2k... no bias or anything

the type r... is just a souped up civic. And it gets hella attention from theives.

The s2k's you do need to upgrade the alarm to something that at least has a proximity sensor, since losers with civics enjoy stealing the seats out of the s2k.

00-01 have plastic rear window, 2.0 liter engine, and somewhat OK 16" wheels. Some cars also have a clutch "buzz" when decelerating in gear from higher rpms. Its the clutch springs buzzing around, doesnt hurt anything, but is an annoying sound. They got rid of it as the years progressed.

02-03 have glass rear window (but its about half the size), still a 2.0, same wheels and headlights. On some of the latest ones, they started putting a clutch delay valve. Which is for when you drop the clutch, it ends up slowly easing it out. The stock rear diff's do not hold up well to launching/clutch drops. Quite a lot of little things have also been changed, stiffer suspension, tweeters, better speakers. IMO, an 02-03 would be ideal.

04-05 have glass rear window, nicer headlights, tail lights IMO, and different front/rear bumpers. The rear diff was reinforced (similar to a comptech rear end). Obviously the 2.2 liter, and nicer set of 17" wheels. The rear suspension is a bit reworked.

06+ wheels are 17's and look the same as before, but they are slightly more rounded. Many of the upgrades are small.

In the end... the s2000 was made to be a sports enthusiasts car. It still lacks torque, and off the line power(mainly since you dont want to blow a diff), but you can take on any car you want in the twisties with no problem. There is not all that much trunk room, but more than any cars that it competes with (boxter/m3/sky/solstice). For the money, there is nothing better, and the only things that I have heard of people upgrading to after the s2k and not looking back are the Porsche Cayman S, and Lotus Elise's. Not bad for a dependable car with a bit of power that looks awesome aswell. They are a bit twitchy in the rain, but that is typically because they are driven hard a lot more than other cars.

You will not be able to make all that much more HP out of one with bolt ons. IHE are done pretty much for sound and looks as you MAY gain a few HP. By extracting 240hp out of 2 Liters, N/A, Honda took as much out of it as it had. Many people go turbo or s/c, and make relatively good power (280 whp -550whp.)
                    Last edited by aero; 10-17-2006, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Type-R s2k ACURA NSX...FTMFW!!!...dual vtec!

Comment

Originally posted by abdielitopr
                        Type-R s2k ACURA NSX...FTMFW!!!...dual vtec!

I was considering an nsx... but for the same price as an s2k, you get a car with a lot more abuse, more squeaks and rattles, and quite a bit less of a daily driver IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by aero
                          I was considering an nsx... but for the same price as an s2k, you get a car with a lot more abuse, more squeaks and rattles, and quite a bit less of a daily driver IMO.

well it all depends where u get it from. my friend bought one couple of weeks ago for 12,500 and dat thing is super clean, outside and inside...its red, tan leather interior, manual, 88,xxx miles

Comment

Originally posted by aero
                            the type r... is just a souped up civic.

that...is a load of crap. it is FAR from "just a souped up civic". hell, its far from "just a souped up Integra."

I only skimmed through this thread and already found Four false statements...

the First one above, the second that the TypeR uses the regular integra chassis, and third, that the S2k was built for the track, and the TypeR was not, and the TypeR does not have A/C or any luxuries. (only the 97 had no AC)

AND FOR GODS SAKE, THE TYPE-R IS NOT "JUST AN INTEGRA"

Anyway...

choosing between the two depends on what your brother is looking for. The s2k is a two seater roadster, if thats something he is willing to live with, than i would say go for the s2k. it holds the record for the highest specific output, Naturally Aspired engine, in production.

The TypeR was designed from the ground up to be a road car, everything on the car is 100% functional, like the rear wing and the front lip. The chassis is super re-enforced, and was 4 seconds faster around hondas test track than the GSR was.
                            Last edited by Accord R33; 10-18-2006, 12:10 AM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

THe newer s2k has something in the trans to soften up the driveline when you launch it hard or thats what i have heard. Some people opt to swap out the slave cylinder from the 1st gen s2k into the 2nd because of that. I just hear after a few times you can fuck up your driveline dirty in that thing especially launching from like 5500 or so.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                                the second that the TypeR uses the regular integra chassis, and third, that the S2k was built for the track, and the TypeR was not,
                                ???

You can't say the ITR uses a completely different chassis from the LS/GSR. Sure Honda may add more braces, but the chassis is still based on the regular integra. I did NOT say the ITR was not built for the track. Common sense says it performs well on the track, but the integra chassis was never intentionally designed for the tracks. The S2000 is built as a track performer, so it'll have more potential.

Comment

Working...
                                X