S2000 or Type R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S2000 or Type R

Just as the title says, which one would you pick? I am posting this because come spring time, my brother is going to trade in his SUV and is considering buying an S2K or an integra Type R(More the S2K). I personally would go with the S2000 because the Type R is a harder find and more sought out= more attention from car thieves. I mean they both rev up to 9,000 with ease and both handle pretty well so it can pretty much go either way. Just looking for some input. Which one would you pick and why?

s2000 ftmfw
    Members Ride

Comment

I'd buy the type R, just because of how well it handles

Comment

thats easy an s2000 would murder a type r... and it handles better
        rwd honda > fwd honda

plus you can drop the top on sunny days...

Comment

S2k has handles stock is pretty good. WE take my buddies autocrossing its fun as shit and hes still running stock suspension. I have driven the 2.2 and the 2.0 models both are fun as hell imo. You cant go wrong with RWD/convertible. But yes the Type R does handle pretty well for an FWD setup. But I would get the s2k.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

definetly the s2k... and if you can, the 2ltr, which i believe ended in '03. for being stock, they handle great... and they get up to 140mph quite easily.

Comment

s2k!!

considering an s2000 is my dream car, well my answer is kind of biased. nonetheless, an itr is a close 2nd.
              1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Id rather have a type r teg

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

So your asking for your bro? He doing any research beforehand? Not like its gonna sway your brother anyway but personally I would go for the S2000 mainly because of theft for the ITR. The two cars have two different purpose anyways, not really apples to apples.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                    definetly the s2k... and if you can, the 2ltr, which i believe ended in '03. for being stock, they handle great... and they get up to 140mph quite easily.
                    LOL at the 140MPH easily thing. So why do you say go with the 2.0? the only reason I'd want my brother to get an 04 or newer is because of the newer look with the headlights,wheels, and LED taillights.

HondaB18, yea I am sking for my brother. yea hes been doing plenty of reasearch and he is leaning alittle more towards the Type R, but after everything im hearing, i'm pretty sure I can make him go with the S2K for sure.

Thanks for all the help so far guys, this is exactly what I was hoping for. Anybody else wanna add thier .02 cents? Please do so.

Comment

get the s2k.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7
                        LOL at the 140MPH easily thing. So why do you say go with the 2.0? the only reason I'd want my brother to get an 04 or newer is because of the newer look with the headlights,wheels, and LED taillights.

HondaB18, yea I am sking for my brother. yea hes been doing plenty of reasearch and he is leaning alittle more towards the Type R, but after everything im hearing, i'm pretty sure I can make him go with the S2K for sure.

Thanks for all the help so far guys, this is exactly what I was hoping for. Anybody else wanna add thier .02 cents? Please do so.

btw what type r does he want? civic or teg?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

A buddy of mine use to have an ITR and sold it to get an AP2 S2000. We both agree that the s2000 is just a better car for performance, handling, etc. While the ITR is an upscale track version of the integra, it still uses the same chassis as a regular integra. The S2000 is initially built for the track anyways so no doubt it'll handle better.

Comment

I would get the s2000.

The Type R is just an Integra.
                            Stripped too.
                            No A/C, or luxuries.
                            Though it's fast, dont get me wrong...i'd rather have an S2000, it's 100% sex on wheels. y0.

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
                            1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7

Definitely S2K.

Most people say to go for the 2.0 because most purists feel that the higher redline nets a better car, and has the same RATED HP as the 2.2 liter.

The 2.2 seems to actually put down a little more power to the wheels, and it has much more usable torque as a function of its larger displacement. It still redlines at like 8000 or something like that, so it WILL still scream.

As an interesting note, the piston speeds on the F22C are actually lower at 8K than the F20C's at 9K. So there may be some headroom in there, not that he would want to modify it or anything.

They did make some suspension revisions to the 04+ that some people feel took the "edge" off the car. Realistically though, the first S2Ks could get twitchy in the hands of a relatively inexperienced driver, and in either case, you probably have to be on a track to get to those limits, or driving like a complete idiot.

I like the looks of the 04+ better myself.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X