my neon handles really well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my neon handles really well

i bought this car from these dudes i work with they think of 4 cylinders aspieces of shit well this dude bought the neon for 200 and it was messedup he fixed it and sold it to me everybody at work knew it was a piece of shit (it kept stalling)(iac valve) anyways i got it fixed and this thing is lowered and nice tires and on 17's and its got a body kit and a momo steering wheel holy shit its like on rails man i think it might be lighter than a cb7 because liike normally where the body would roll and make u slide on a cb7 this one just slowly start to slide not like roll or bounce all over the place i came off an exit that was 25 mph and i was going over 100 and i cut this car off to get to the exit and i hit the exit at that speed and i slammed the brakes and like guided it dow n the ramp it even hopped lol bottomed out and it like grabbed the road and just kept stopping and turning it was nuts it like wouldnt let go of the road! ill post a pic tomorrow i want to look at the wiegh and shit...
    ]

The neon is a very light car
    ...although it doesn't have the best suspension system, light weight is its own reward.

Try driving a civic after driving a CB7...it feels like a toy.

...just be careful when u r "hopping" or "bottoming out"...thats not supposed to happen.

Peace
    DEVOTE

Comment

yeah well like i said its lowered and the suspension is really hard but it not like blow bottoming out it handles the bumps just firmly and it doesnt sway at all it feels like a racing porsche not like a boxter convertable. and the hopping was cuz i was going down a hill on an exit and i hopped on the turn it was nuts i was going at a wide angle and turning and the side of the car hopped and it hit the ground sideways and i turn the wheel and it just grabbed didnt slide out of control and i gained straightforwardness and slowed down it was like some stunt shit.
      ]

Comment

Intresting, I hear the Srts have crazy suspention!

Comment

whats that special edition neon from the mid 90s? RC or something like that? those are nice
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Kinda off topic, but I was cornering on a windy road with my new wheels (trying to readjust to the cars new habits having gone from 205 to 195) and when cornering hard I hit sort of a dip in the road, when the car bounced back up the car tried to get squirrely on me, I wasn't going too fast though

Back to the neon

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

i dunno stock my sohc has more than the cb came with but its def not as fast as a cb shits kinda slow actually it has a some potential but they came with rc which was the dohc motor i think it was maybe like 155 or something not too bad.
              ]

Comment

wasn't it an rt instead of and rc?
                Members Ride

Comment

yeah that would make sense about sRT

i dunno its a neon lol but i am suprised by it but its nothing like a cb im going to make a substantial profit when i sell this car too. that is if i dont blow the motor which i have a bad habit of doing.
                  ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                    i bought this car from these dudes i work with they think of 4 cylinders aspieces of shit well this dude bought the neon for 200 and it was messedup he fixed it and sold it to me everybody at work knew it was a piece of shit (it kept stalling)(iac valve) anyways i got it fixed and this thing is lowered and nice tires and on 17's and its got a body kit and a momo steering wheel holy shit its like on rails man i think it might be lighter than a cb7 because liike normally where the body would roll and make u slide on a cb7 this one just slowly start to slide not like roll or bounce all over the place i came off an exit that was 25 mph and i was going over 100 and i cut this car off to get to the exit and i hit the exit at that speed and i slammed the brakes and like guided it dow n the ramp it even hopped lol bottomed out and it like grabbed the road and just kept stopping and turning it was nuts it like wouldnt let go of the road! ill post a pic tomorrow i want to look at the wiegh and shit...

i dunno stock my sohc has more than the cb came with but its def not as fast as a cb shits kinda slow actually it has a some potential but they came with rc which was the dohc motor i think it was maybe like 155 or something not too bad.
                    http://www.einfoweb.com/punctuation/period/index.html
                    1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

HAHAHA LMAO!!! im an idiot.
                      ]

Comment

95-99 neon
                        Curb Weight, lbs. coupe 2384 sedan 2416
                        With 150 hp?

vs

cb7

2857 with 125-140 hp

well, straight line I'd say the neon, or maybe drivers race, but how about the curves? I thought the neon had a dependent rear suspension? Apparently not, by my searching on google. Then again I'd heard neons, or rather srt-4's ran like dogs in the corners...

Hit me with some knowledge...
                        Last edited by accordaffair; 10-13-2006, 12:37 AM.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                        where you been, is something wrong?
                        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

wierd, see the bottom end on this car has no power it does pull at top end but not like the cb it has a decnt amount of power about 3 -5500 but then it dies off a bit and nothing below 3 really i think the cb's top end like 4 - 6450 is like what makes it feel faster than the neon
                          lemme look up the 1/4

and i know they ran the srt-4 compared to evo and sti but those are AWD cars and srt-4 is ff
                          ]

Comment

1996 Dodge Neon Highline 9.1 16.8
                            ]

Comment

Working...
                            X