Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

here is what i get to play around with now (56k no way!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is what i get to play around with now (56k no way!!)

i am on University of Missouri-Rolla's Foumula SAE team and here is the workshop and past cars (i am not sure if i am alllowed to show work on the current car, so i wont, but it is gonna fly with its turbo!)

a couple of shots of our machining area, we have 3 big lathes, two vertical mills and a band saw just in our shop. also available to us on campus is a complete CNC shop (lathes/mills/plasma cutter), waterjet machining, more mills and lathes than you can imagine, a full foundry, many types of rapid prototyping, and pretty much anything else we need.

we also have a full composite manufacturing center in the shop. here are just a few parts made from FREE (boeing) pre-preg carbon fiber. in this picture are 3 wings, nose, and partially completed side-pod as well as an ass load of aluminum blocks

here is last years car 3 days before getting 6th at the SCCA nationals and breaking a wing hitting a cone at 55

here is the interior of that car. notice the driver display made almost completely in-house, the hand clutch, and the tiny-ass cockpit

here is our driver training car, made in 1997. it still goes like stink and is a blast even with its shitty radials.

this is the car from 2 years ago that has been scavenged for parts after being deemed to far gone to fix (major diff problems). yes it is on top of the composites manufacturing table

a shifter cart and a currently seatless briggs cart used for advanced driver training

thats all for now, feel free to ask me any questions

and before you ask here are the specs for last years car
    hp: 85
    displacement: 600cc
    weight:510 lbs
    0-60:3.5 seconds
    top speed with wings: 85
    top speed without wings: 120+ (never tested)
    total downforce: 400lbs
    lateral grip (peak): 2.5 g's
    lateral grip (constant): 2g's
    braking force: >1.5 g's
    coolness factor: off the charts
    Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 10-05-2006, 04:02 AM. Reason: picy no worky

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

this little thing is sick!!!!

Comment

i forgot to add that it has a full motec ECU system, traction ontrol, launch control, and soon to have 8 pt datalogging.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

Nice!!!

I go to Lakehead University up here in Thunder Bay, Ontario and we are just starting this Formula SAE project.

We are new to this so I am guessing it will take about two years to get going.

How did u guys do in the competitions? Any awards?

Those are some pretty impressive performance specs.
        DEVOTE

Comment

my school usually does mini baja or supermileage.

that s infinitley cooler though.
          -Mark-
          CB7
          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Looks nice. Hand operated clutch? Some F1 shit there ha. WEll not as high tech but close lol.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

last year we got 9th out of 170 at detroit and the year before IIRC, we got 4th at detroit. im not sure what happened at california. last weekend at the SCCA Nationals, one of our drivers managed a 6th place finish.

Comment

Working...
              X