Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit
    The GS is right under GS-R.

As to the original question, the B18B1 has quite a bit more low end than the B18C1. That is why the LS/VTEC is such a popular swap.

Unfortunately, the B18B isn't nearly as slow as everyone likes to pretend, and the GS-R isn't nearly as fast as everyone would like to pretend.

I have yet to meet a B18C1 I am over impressed with. The B18C5 is another matter.

Personally, I would walk away. Too many unknowns with the car. DC Integras are relatively affordable now, so you could probably still find a good deal for a reasonable price.
    I still cant get over how much more powerful the c5 is over the c1. its a HUGE difference.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
      i think the gs has the b18b1 or b16b1 non vtec or something like that and the gsr is the b18c1.

sorry but i had to say it. lol. i dont think the integras ever came with a b16. i do believe they all came with b18s.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
        I still cant get over how much more powerful the c5 is over the c1. its a HUGE difference.

I have seen them run, and they are definitely quicker. I haven't had the opportunity to drive one though, because they are still relatively rare. Someday though.

You figure, it is an extra 25-27HP. That is quite a bit of difference...

As for the regular B18C, I have driven both JDM and USDM versions, and they were pretty good for a 1.8liter, but they sure as hell didn't live up to the hype of the B series. They were in both Teg's and Civics.

I have been more impressed with B16s and I am not very impressed with those. LOL!

Case in point. One of our friends has a GS-R with intake and exhaust. Ray's old Accord pulled on it pretty hard with an autocam H22, while still being fully loaded...
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

yea, i was dissapointed with the b16 and b18c1. they didnt perform to its hyped up self.

i wana race a type r even tho i know ill get spanked.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i just saw it salvage title .......so imma not buy it

Comment

Originally posted by liquidx
              i just saw it salvage title .......so imma not buy it
              good call IMO

for the record its RS, LS, GS, GSR, Type R... RS, LS, GS all had the b18b1(140ish hp i think), but the RS is considered to be the quickest because it doesnt have any power anything, and LS and GS generally have power everything...

RS = DX
              LS = LX
              GS = EX
              GSR = EX on riods
              Type R = h22'd accord (ish)

no b16's

94 GSR | 93 GSR

Comment

The GS is right under GS-R.
                Really now...I always had that mixed up...I guess I haven't seen many GS's in the DC2 era.

Originally posted by Shadow1
                sorry but i had to say it. lol. i dont think the integras ever came with a b16. i do believe they all came with b18s.
                I do believe the JDM DA Integra XSi had the B16 stock.

Comment

the 90-93 GSR had the b17 too..

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                    Really now...I always had that mixed up...I guess I haven't seen many GS's in the DC2 era.

I do believe the JDM DA Integra XSi had the B16 stock.
                    I suppose that is because for the small price difference, most people opted for the GS-R. I would have.

And yes, the XSi did come with a B16.

Comment

And yes, the XSi did come with a B16.

well then. i eat my foot then. lmao. i always thought the DC's came with b18s. i didnt know any of the JDM DC's came with a b16. i thought those were left to the civics

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                        the 90-93 GSR had the b17 too..
                        ah yes, the rare b17.

some kid at the track was trying to trade me his b17 gsr teggy for my cb7, lol. he wanted an even trade. it was blue, it was very nice, dropped(prolly cut springs tho) everything was stock tho. i gladly declined tho.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                          well then. i eat my foot then. lmao. i always thought the DC's came with b18s. i didnt know any of the JDM DC's came with a b16. i thought those were left to the civics

Well I am not as familiar with the JDM Tegs, but at least that one came with a B16.

Mostly, it was the Civics though.

Comment

Not a good idea to buy a GSR shell with an LS engine, insurance would cost more and you would be left with the performance of an LS. Keep looking, there are tons of Integra avaliable.

Comment

shit what im seeing down here are integras with salvage titles all over the place

Comment

Originally posted by liquidx
                                shit what im seeing down here are integras with salvage titles all over the place
                                Lol they aren't ranked the most stolen car in the US for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X