Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS compared to GSR

well im looking at a 2000 GSR body with GS engine since my cb7 got wrecked

swapped out cuz the owner wanted automatic....how do the two engines compare hp wise? and do you guys know if its a "reliable" swap

well its a honda so its probly pretty reliable if it was installed right. and as for the gs to gsr motors, night and day. i think the gs has the b18b1 or b16b1 non vtec or something like that and the gsr is the b18c1. the b18c1 is a DOHC VTEC motor and is real quick in the teg

Comment

a maual -> auto swap?

thats not something you see much.
      -Mark-
      CB7
      CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
      Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Depends. A GS is similar to the LS power wise if I remember correctly. Sucks ass though I dont see why the owner downgraded. Swapping to auto is a pussy excuse he just basically fucked the car. But if it was a manual before shouldnt be hard to put a manual setup back in.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

it was a chick who didn't want manual.....damn ....how many horses from that b16 and NON vtec but its only 6000 w/ 45000 miles ionno anymore then

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            Depends. A GS is similar to the LS power wise if I remember correctly. Sucks ass though I dont see why the owner downgraded. Swapping to auto is a pussy excuse he just basically fucked the car. But if it was a manual before shouldnt be hard to put a manual setup back in.
            could have been a theft recovery that they needed an engine and tranny for.
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

hmmm she told me she had papers for it....

Comment

In the vin number ...
                Dc2 = GSR
                Dc4 = GS

Gs = 140hp
                Gsr = 170hp , 8000rpm redline

Comment

gyeah im going to check it out tomorrow and write down the engine and check it out so that sorta sucks but if its exterior is coo then im good

Comment

gs/ls/rs=b18b1( i think) but its all the same engine
                    gsr is the better one.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yea its simple= ls/gs/rs has a b18b1

gsr = b18c1

type r = b18c5

my buddy has a ls 5 speed teg w/ a b1 and its actully pretty quick w/ just intake and exhaust....but the autos are slow as ballllllllllllllllllssss

my cuz has the auto..i was perfictly even w/ him 35-85mph and i have a stock cb9

my advice.......dont buy it

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

If I remember this right.

RS = DX
                        GS = LX
                        LS = EX
                        GS-R = EX with H22

I might have the GS and RS mixed up...but one has all the power options and one doesn't. The LS adds the spoiler and the leather option. Then the GSR is like the LS with better suspension tuning and a better motor.

Comment

i thought only gsr had leather.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                            If I remember this right.

RS = DX
                            GS = LX
                            LS = EX
                            GS-R = EX with H22

I might have the GS and RS mixed up...but one has all the power options and one doesn't. The LS adds the spoiler and the leather option. Then the GSR is like the LS with better suspension tuning and a better motor.
                            The GS is right under GS-R.

As to the original question, the B18B1 has quite a bit more low end than the B18C1. That is why the LS/VTEC is such a popular swap.

Unfortunately, the B18B isn't nearly as slow as everyone likes to pretend, and the GS-R isn't nearly as fast as everyone would like to pretend.

I have yet to meet a B18C1 I am over impressed with. The B18C5 is another matter.

Personally, I would walk away. Too many unknowns with the car. DC Integras are relatively affordable now, so you could probably still find a good deal for a reasonable price.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

not all LS' have leather, and not all GSRs have leather. but there are more GSRs with leather than there are LS'

LOL @ "EX with H22"

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                              X