No announcement yet.

You Wish Your CB7 had This Powerband!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 4 rotor you mentione is prob the one made by Scoot. Beautiful car. I was hoping that thing would rev all the way to 14k RPM thats a nice cluster =D. Heres a pic of the cosmo that I took a while back ago in Japan:

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Nah, I think they snagged it from the 787B race car. That "mellonfarmer" was loud as hell too!!! It must have been quite a scare "merging" on the freeway. It was all motor as well.

I saw the Scoot car...that was a custom combination of two 13Bs. It had my dad's car's tailights too...interesting piece of work.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I thought the 787b le man car ran a 27b?

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
          No...each rotor fires more times per revolution than a piston would, hence the conversion factor. They definitely burn gas like a bigger engine.

smaller cc 2 strokes burn more gas than their 4 stroke counterparts

If you were measuring it from a piston engine standpoint....then yes, it would be a 2.6 liter, but thats not the case, because they have two diffrent degrees of rotation in order for eachs thermodynamic cycle to occur. Which means, you have to make up numbers in order to come up with 2.6 liters.
          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Damn

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro
              smaller cc 2 strokes burn more gas than their 4 stroke counterparts

If you were measuring it from a piston engine standpoint....then yes, it would be a 2.6 liter, but thats not the case, because they have two diffrent degrees of rotation in order for eachs thermodynamic cycle to occur. Which means, you have to make up numbers in order to come up with 2.6 liters.
              http://auto.howstuffworks.com/rotary-engine1.htm

Hmmm...OK well if we treat each rotor as a piston, there's one combustion cycle per revolution, as opposed to one combustion cycle every other revolution on a piston motor. Assuming they draw the same amount of air in on the intake stroke the rotor will go through twice as many combustion cycles per revolution as the piston motor, hence consuming twice the fuel and *hopefully* producing twice the power, which in essence doubles the rotary engine's displacement.

Fuel is fuel; there is nothing that really doubles the efficiency of the rotary engine; in fact, the heat lost over the large surface area of the combustion chamber is probably a detriment to its operation. This is shown in its relatively poor fuel economy vs. power produced.

In any case rotaries are cool. But they definitely can't be considered equivalent in displacement with a piston engine.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by sirs1ayer
                freaking sweet ass

x2
                accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                ....................My New Baby
                SOLD TO
                ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                  http://auto.howstuffworks.com/rotary-engine1.htm

Hmmm...OK well if we treat each rotor as a piston, there's one combustion cycle per revolution, as opposed to one combustion cycle every other revolution on a piston motor. Assuming they draw the same amount of air in on the intake stroke the rotor will go through twice as many combustion cycles per revolution as the piston motor, hence consuming twice the fuel and *hopefully* producing twice the power, which in essence doubles the rotary engine's displacement.

Fuel is fuel; there is nothing that really doubles the efficiency of the rotary engine; in fact, the heat lost over the large surface area of the combustion chamber is probably a detriment to its operation. This is shown in its relatively poor fuel economy vs. power produced.

In any case rotaries are cool. But they definitely can't be considered equivalent in displacement with a piston engine.

You are absolutely right....But you are still using an equation that works for a piston engine, but isnt accurate for a rotary. Especially if we get such figures as 2.3, 3.9 and ultimately 2.6.

I dont contest the fact that they love their gasoline. Yes, but they dont actually burn all the fuel (as seen in some awesome backfiring videos). They actually burn more fuel at idle, than at 50% throttle.

But rotaries are efficient in the best way prepared for autosport racing. They are compact, and extremely reliable in high rpms. I have to admit, I would never drive a rotary as a daily driver, unless I didnt give two craps about the environment. But no doubt, for their size, they make a grotesque amount of horsepower(20b's especially).
                  14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

speech...less..

Comment

Working...
                    X