Thoughts on TSX coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on TSX coupe

As the title says. because as most of you know that the RSX is gone after this year. making way for the TSX coupe. Im 50/50 right now. I love both cars but i hate to see such a LEGEND go from the import scene. I come to believe that prices are going to go up once the RSX is gone.

the TSX coupe is not replacing the RSX. the civic SI replaced the RSX

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Agreed. They made the Si "more serious" instead of keeping both it and the RSX.

IMO, they could have still steered them to different markets. But that would involve Honda finding a way to not charge 20 fucking thousand dollars for a Civic. No, I'm not bitter.

For some perspective, in January 1987 my parents bought a new Integra LS. $12,000.

The new Civic is OK with me but I still prefer the conservative look of the RSX, particularly the nicer interior. Just saw a gorgeous red '06 yesterday.

Oh, and no way on a TSX coupe. Coupes in general are a hard sell in big enough numbers. Even that last bastion of the coupe, the economy car, is becoming very rare (Fit, Yaris etc. are 4-dr only)
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

1966 Chevy Nova
        1974 Super Beetle
        2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
        2004 Honda Element
        2004 Honda Ruckus
        2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
        www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
          i hate to see such a LEGEND go from the import scene. I come to believe that prices are going to go up once the RSX is gone.
          A legend, that's a pretty strong word considering it's only be out a couple of years. I equate that word with cars that have been succesful for multiple generations and are a great base for modification.....
          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
            A legend, that's a pretty strong word considering it's only be out a couple of years. I equate that word with cars that have been succesful for multiple generations and are a great base for modification.....
            well, since it was an evolution of the integra, and was/is still referred to as an integra everywhere else . . . Id call it a legend.
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

^ agreed. teg platform in general is a fuckin legend.

Comment

i was reading this info frrom the september issue of import tuner and another magazine (dont remember what kind it was). a me and a friend of mine were talking about it yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                  well, since it was an evolution of the integra, and was/is still referred to as an integra everywhere else . . . Id call it a legend.
                  Well since you put it thst way, sure. Why the fuck was it renamed though, it should've still been a teggy. Still a teggy in JAPAN....
                  1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2

Like the Accord!?! Yeah buddy! Anywho, i think they just took sales and customer input and made the best of the 2...maybe it cost less to produce the tsx than it does the rsx..? who knows why theyre doing it, point is, theyre doing it. They wont let us down.......I hope..

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .ˇ ` ' / ˇ. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

i think its a stupid idea to make a tsx coupe. if they want acura to be the luxury line, they shouldnt make a coupe tsx. itlll basically be a new rsx. i think the real reason they dumped the rsx, is cause of the future tsx coupe. theyre both higher end than the civic... and why would acura make a rsx and a tsx coupe... basically the same damn car. except, with a smaller engine, the rsx would be faster.

all i know, ever since they dropped the prelude and integra line, its been downhill ever since.

Comment

Honda send the message to dealer saying that the RSX was out and that it would be replaced by the TSX coupe. NO NO NO the RSX isn't replaced by the Civic Si. They added that the loss of sales would be offset by the new RDX turbocharged.
                        And it's not true that Honda has been downhil since the Prelude and ITR line was dropped. By the way, the ITR was just a name change (ITR = RSX). In general, Honda sales were again up this year.

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by seigneur_rayden
                          ... They added that the loss of sales would be offset by the new RDX turbocharged...
                          Some guy, who was thinking of a small pocket rocket, suddenly is going to say, "Oh, I can instead have a 4-dr SUV-like/car-like blob that sits high in the air, weighs more than it should because of AWD I doesn't need! My prayers are answered!"

Bottom line: if more people had bought RSXs, Préludes, CL coupes, del Sols/CRXs ... they'd still be around today. It's tough being an enthusiast, but then again there aren't many us.

What I don't understand is, every maker treats the U.S. market --- easily the largest in the world --- as one where there's little room for niche products. Everything must produce big numbers or die. I think the perspective is skewed.

Comment

any pics of this "tsx coupe"? or ideas how it would look, also i heard that the biggest downfall of the current tsx is the engine, its not powerfull enough to keep up with its competition (3 series, lexus is) so i wonder if with this coupe, if they will beef up the engine

Comment

There is no coupe ...

... And if there was it likely still wouldn't have a V6 --- remember that car is smaller than our U.S. Accord.

The lack-of-power you mention is something I've read about. Seems for example that Car and Driver loves it enough to proclaim in one of their 10Best yet it loses when going one-on-one with similarly-priced cars that have more torque.

One example of this they gave recently was with the Audi A3. HP is about the same, however the A3's turbo motor gives it a lot more torque than the TSX. It's really hard to ask $25-$30K for something with a N.A. 4cyl. The "better value" cars with more power often also bring with them more mass and size however. On the other hand, I can see a TSX "Type S" or whatever with the RDX's engine. That would rock.

To me, in terms of size, layout and power, the TSX is the modern incarnation of a CB7 w/ H22a --- a thing never available as new in America. Get one while you can, sez I, before yet another "crossover" vehicle replaces it.

And I love how the TSX looks, compared to say, the TL which gets all the respect it seems.

But I have a family. What I want isn't a coupe or the sedan. Gimme this:

Silver would also work for me:

Comment

Working...
                              X