Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a couple pics of what i've been driving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Np...Thanks for all the info on the drop, but I'm not too sure that I wanna go that low, kinda iffy on the roads up here etc. It turns out that I may be getting my bf's old suspension. Thanks for the info on the lip too, I may have to look into that one.
    You should get an oem spoiler too, that would look pretty sweet. But then again, even without the spoiler it still looks good.

Comment

fucking sellout!!!

lol

j/p
      "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Originally posted by TekSi
        Np...Thanks for all the info on the drop, but I'm not too sure that I wanna go that low, kinda iffy on the roads up here etc. It turns out that I may be getting my bf's old suspension. Thanks for the info on the lip too, I may have to look into that one.
        You should get an oem spoiler too, that would look pretty sweet. But then again, even without the spoiler it still looks good.
        I really can't stress it enough, its not that low. The Civic has excellent clearance, I rarely if ever scrape on anything...speed bumps included. But entering a driveway/drivethru requires good negotiation skills.

The MA roads cannot be worse than the roads I daily drive upon believe me. There are times that I hit such a serious bump that I bounce up and hit my head on the roof (I'm a tall dude lol).

I'd love an OEM Si wing...but only if I had the OEM Si front end...and those are too common out here in NY, which is why I don't have a wing yet.

Thanks again for all the love you show my car!
        '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
        -'93 BRP LX 4AT
        -'92 AGP LX 5MT
        -'93 AGP EX 4AT
        10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
          Bronx Tale 4 lyfe y0! lol
          For lyfe brother!

Prev CBs:
          -'93 BRP LX 4AT
          -'92 AGP LX 5MT
          -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

Originally posted by br0nx finest
            The MA roads cannot be worse than the roads I daily drive upon believe me. There are times that I hit such a serious bump that I bounce up and hit my head on the roof (I'm a tall dude lol).
            I can agree with that!

I've been going up there like twice a month and that shit is a major Turn off!

Traffic + Undriveable streets + Taxi cab drivers = NYC sucks!!

Comment

those wheels = the suck

but..clean ride..like the drop and the tails..nice ride

as for the photography..its not bad at all..the first pic reminds me of a honda or toyota commercial..good wrk

Comment

I dunno, I may look into the same suspension setup that you have. I think I'm kinda iffy because this is the first car that I'll have that will be lowered so I'm psyched/nervous about it.
                If you don't wanna do the 99-00 front what if you got a 96-98 coupe spoiler? It's not too low on the car, but not as high as the SI wing. I think that would look almost as good as an Si wing, IMO.

Comment

I dunno, I may look into the same suspension setup that you have. I think I'm kinda iffy because this is the first car that I'll have that will be lowered so I'm psyched/nervous about it.
                  If you don't wanna do the 99-00 front what if you got a 96-98 coupe spoiler? It's not too low on the car, but not as high as the SI wing. I think that would look almost as good as an Si wing, IMO.
                  Yeah I think thats what you're nervous about. Since its your first car, you don't know how it'll be. Well if you ever come down this way (I'm about 10mins from the CT border) I'll let you drive it, see if you like it.

At this point, I'm really digging the wingless look. I'll post some pics of a kid from the EJ8 squad (I'm on it too ) on honda-tech, maybe it'll convince you

Ps: my cb7 was dropped 2.0 inches, and I really wasn't happy with it due to the struts and the fact that there was still gap. IMO, this car is really excellent with this setup, it isn't rough...its very tight yet forgiving...you'll just have to angle a couple speedbumps, and slow down with some major dips/driveways. I really vouch for my setup, and I'd push it to everyone I know with a 6th gen Civic.

Prev CBs:
                  -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                  -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                  -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

At this point, I'm really digging the wingless look. I'll post some pics of a kid from the EJ8 squad (I'm on it too ) on honda-tech, maybe it'll convince you
                    I'll vouche that the spoiler looks really good on Tek's gf's car. Once you get the placement correct (you have to move it back from the stock location). It really changes the look of the car. I agree that on a black car, the Si wing is where its at. I do like the Si front a lot, but why do you need it to run the Si wing? I have a 92-93 trunklid + spoiler with a 90-91 front bumper and I think it looks fine. What's the difference?

Originally posted by br0nxfinest
                    Ps: my cb7 was dropped 2.0 inches, and I really wasn't happy with it due to the struts and the fact that there was still gap. IMO, this car is really excellent with this setup, it isn't rough...its very tight yet forgiving...you'll just have to angle a couple speedbumps, and slow down with some major dips/driveways. I really vouch for my setup, and I'd push it to everyone I know with a 6th gen Civic.
                    The design of the Accord is why you can't go superlow. they had tons and tons of wheel gap stock, so even when you're slammed, its still an issue. Take my car...I have like 2-2.5 fingergap left, and my front lip is lower than Tek's old Si hatch with no wheel gap.

Tek's old hatch was probably lower than your car to start, then maybe a little higher, and it really was impratical for around here (dirt roads, snow, etc), and sometimes being that low is more a hassle than its worth.

Comment

looks clean. si tails will do wonders. give some gsr leather. but still just a civic.i hope you enjoy it! keep us posted of the pregress.

no offence i don't care too much for civics.

Comment

I'm actually gonna drop it. I'm psyched about it now, just nervous about doing it myself(breaking bolts or anything would suck). I'm getting Tek's old setup, Tein basics. I kinda like the idea of being able to adjust the height.

I do know what your saying about the SI wing on a black car. I think that's why I didn't get one, because I have a lighter color. The only light color it looks good on IMO is the silver. The wingless look on a black EJ8 is nice too, I think it's because it's a darker color. I personally didn't like the wingless look on mine, hence why I got it.

Comment

I'm actually gonna drop it. I'm psyched about it now, just nervous about doing it myself(breaking bolts or anything would suck). I'm getting Tek's old setup, Tein basics. I kinda like the idea of being able to adjust the height.

I do know what your saying about the SI wing on a black car. I think that's why I didn't get one, because I have a lighter color. The only light color it looks good on IMO is the silver. The wingless look on a black EJ8 is nice too, I think it's because it's a darker color. I personally didn't like the wingless look on mine, hence why I got it.
                          Great! Definitely, with the coilovers, you can slam in the better part of the year, and raise it for the winter! Thats a good look

I will be going w/an Si front end conversion though so the wingless look is merely temporary

Prev CBs:
                          -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                          -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                          -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

looks good luis. what'd you end up doing with the CB? you must miss it.

what do you plan on doing for wheels? the 5 lug swap will definately set you apart from a lot of other civics and thats always a plus. good luck man!

Comment

Pics when you get the front end/spoiler installed!! I think that would look sweet.

Not sure when I'm getting the suspension installed, gotta find a time that we can do it. I'll def take pics when it's done.

5 lug would be a cool mod, but I think that would attract more thieves(and they suck....).

Comment

I really want a JDM GSR...but I don't think I can stack 3k to buy one =\
                                jdm gsrs are around 3500 ish. friend picked one up from 3800 with lsd, ecu, axles and motor mounts. anyways nice job on the EJ. and yes SI front end conversions are common as hell in NY.

Comment

Working...
                                X