my 95 eg is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my 95 eg is...

the most useless car around, seats are crappy, power is shitty, ac all but kills the motor, it'll do 55 mpg in 2nd, and fall on it's ass shifting to 3rd. every gawdammed moron w/ another car wants to race "cause civics are fast". i hate this car, it's not of any joy to drive and it feels super cheap. the only good thing about it, is it get over 40 mpg.

i'm glad i gave it to g/f to drive. she loves it, but idk.

i know some people love 'em, but shit, give me something w/ a good ride, ac and feels like it'll make it to the next street w/o falling apart.

Civics are decent cars and should be given credit where due. They are super economical, reliable, and easy to maintain as are most Hondas.

Compare 92-95 EG to the 90-93 CB7 though, and you (souldoubt), have hit the nail on the head. I feel the exact same way.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by palinix
      Civics are decent cars and should be given credit where due. They are super economical, reliable, and easy to maintain as are most Hondas.
      thats the only thing they've got going for 'em. besides being a honda.

Comment

Originally posted by souldoubt
        thats the only thing they've got going for 'em. besides being a honda.
        Ever hear of this maneuver called a swap
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

sounds like your civic is in poor mechanical condition. a stock d15 civic is not ment to be a race car....its made to do exactly what its doing. getting 40mpg

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

umm...no

In my experiences, civics are:

faster in stock form vs. stock CB7
            cheaper to run
            easier to repair(my brakes(complete) can be changed in minutes)
            more reliable
            more nimble

accords are more comfortable and have more room, but i'd still take a civic over an accord any day until the most recent models

...sorry

edit: by the way, i have a 92 si and my g/f has a 97 ex(auto), and all things apply with both
            Last edited by TekSi; 07-17-2006, 07:22 PM.

Comment

D15 Civics are ok. The Gears are way spaced out so it gets all that good mileage. And the motor only has like 105 hp if not less depending on trim. If your talkin bout EX or LX those are a bit faster and decent. But what trim do you have? CX? If thats the case well its doing its job then.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Did you expect a 14 second quarter from a $11K (when new) sub 110-hp car?

They were made to get from point A to point B without using much gas. At least the AC works in it, which can't be said about a lot of cars from the era.

Comment

it's in actualy pretty good shape. runs good, looks good, has 124k on it i put new brakes, struts, springs. new tires, a pair of axles. it wasn't in dire need of any of this stuff, i just wanted the peace of mind knowing she could drive it where ever when ever. it's just a realy dissapointing car. i wanted one for some time, but now i don't. it's a civic, i don't expect anything other than good gas milage and maybe some comfort.

as far as a swap goes, i've got a b18a1 block and b20 crv head for it. maybe i'll swap it maybe not. i'm hoping she'll get rid of it for a decent 4th gen civy si.

it's a cx, it's doing it's job fine. i just don't like the car. the aftermarket support is just flooed w/ stuff. thats a plus. idk. i've got some 95 'teg seats (front and back) i'll tos those in maybe they'll help.

idk, like i said, some like them, some don't.

Comment

Originally posted by souldoubt
                    it's a cx, it's doing it's job fine. i just don't like the car. the aftermarket support is just flooed w/ stuff. thats a plus. idk. i've got some 95 'teg seats (front and back) i'll tos those in maybe they'll help.

idk, like i said, some like them, some don't.
                    One of the reasons why right there. CX is the base base model shouldnt really expect much. That thing barely even has a 100hp motor if I remember correctly. Basically you dont really get shit in it and its not made out of better materials you might say. Its just made to save gas. Why are you throwing a b20 head on a b18 may I ask? I would think the b18 flows better than the b20 head? And a b20 block would be more logical??? Thats just me though. The EX is pretty nice my friend had a sedan ex pretty quick for what it was when he modded it.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i've already got the parts, and some a1 cams. it's for the old lady and she doesn't want anything special. the nonvtec heads are nearly identical aside from the valves (i'm told they're a bit larger and may be wrong)

Comment

hmmm i see sounds like it would drop compression a bit. But dunno the spec so cant really tell.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The interesting thing about the EG, is that it had to bridge a wide price gap and customer base.

You have your economical strippers that have no features, tuned purely for cheapness and mileage all the way up to the almost fully loaded SI, which is on par comfort and refinement wise with the CB7. It will handily outperform the CB though. Due to the lightweight, they also handle like slot cars with a decent suspension, and they can carry a TON of crap for their size.

Mine is a CX, so I understand the perceived cheapness issue. Luckily the dumbass who owned mine slapped a turbo on there (literally, as there was nothing else in the "kit") and the stock D15B7 went KABLOOEY!

We swapped in a D16Y7 and tranny and that made a HUGE difference. The stock CX has a whopping 70HP so that swap in and of itself gave a 50% power increase! We also put the B7 intake manifold with a 62MM TEG TB, and it will stomp the crap out of my CB7. Other than the TB and an intake from a CB7 it is bone stock, right down to the coffee can exhaust manifold. And since the Y7 was made for economy too, I still get just over 40MPG in the city. Plus, you can find them in great shape for a couple hundred bucks probably including the tranny.

Not that you should do that, but if you want more power, it is a good alternative.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

i'll see if i can dig up some info. like i said, the parts were less than $100, and their in good shape, the b18 block has a fresh rebuild on it. if it drops the compression some. i don't care. she'll never drive it hard, or if it's that big of an issue i can have it planed a bit.

Comment

A non-VTEC B series swap will work wonder too!

I have a friend with a 95 CX, with a bone stock B18B in it. He doesn't have much trouble with most cars on the road...and he has a full TEG interior in it.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X