95 Sebring -- Are they any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 Sebring -- Are they any good?

I purchased another car this month. I am going on 24 cars so far for the year. DMV is getting pissed and trying to make me file for a Dealers lic. They recently taxed the crap out of me for the last view cars. Charging me full Book Value tax on the cars since they dont belive I am getting them so cheap. I never really owned a newer Chrysler mostly hunt for Honda's,GM's and Toyo's. I pick this one up rather cheap for a price I couldnt turn down but I wonder if I got it so cheap was because it has a crappy track record or ??. I figure you guys would know since I am not really in the loop of whats a nice beater to sell. I dont know if anyone read other posts I had for the cars I have gone thru in the past few months. You guys think I could sell this for 2K? 147k, Ice cold A/C, One dent and thats the lower air damn under the front bumper.

Btw if you havent guessed already thats my flatbed in the background.

Front of my house. Caddy parked on the side with cover and the Honda with her motor directly in front of the house.
    WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

^^ they are nice i just dont think they have any power..i could be wrong tho.

Comment

they are pretty good and spunky with the v6, my fiance has a 2000 model with the v6 for an auto its pretty good.

the KBB for it is 2100 in fair shape so 2k is about what you might get...
      Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

We have a '99 Sebring LXi (2.5L V6) and I like it.

It has its issues but it's a good car overall.

Gas mileage is fairly poor but it does have enough power to get it's heavy ass up to speed in a decent time.

Stock stereo in the LXi is pretty damn good (Infinity 6 channel amp stock).

95 was true DSM if I'm not mistaken. Should say DSM on the driver side door

Comment

http://www.allpar.com/model/sebring.html
          i am aware of some sort of tranny falure caused by a pin in the differential.

Comment

Oh, they burn oil. I forgot to mention that. Chrysler/Dodge put a bulletin they sent to all the dealers saying it is perfectly NORMAL for the vehicle to burn approx 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles.

Just check your oil every fillup.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Body LX
              Oh, they burn oil. I forgot to mention that. Chrysler/Dodge put a bulletin they sent to all the dealers saying it is perfectly NORMAL for the vehicle to burn approx 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles.

Just check your oil every fillup.
              normal? how can a company consider that normal?

Comment

Because it's Chrysler?

Comment

Because it's Chrysler?
                  perfectly said

Comment

Sebrings might have a good motor but they have no BALLZ!!! I feel as if my accord could smoke the crap out of a sebring.
                    WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

dohc I4 2.0 / 122 140 130 5-speed manual: 22/31
                      4-speed automatic: 21/30
                      5-speed manual: --
                      4-speed automatic: --

dohc I4 2.4 / 148 150 167 4-speed automatic: 20/29
                      4-speed automatic: --

ohc V6 2.5 / 152 155-168 170 4-speed automatic: 20/27
                      4-speed automatic: 25.6

Comment

Originally posted by Abeerdrinker
                        Sebrings might have a good motor but they have no BALLZ!!! I feel as if my accord could smoke the crap out of a sebring.
                        It'd be a good race... the Sebring V6 has more power but it's a heavier car (I think around 300-400 lbs heavier).

Fun to drive too once you get used to it. Very WIDE turning radius for U-turns makes it difficult to maneuver in tight places. You have to drive this car like it's a big body

Comment

Fun to drive too once you get used to it. Very WIDE turning radius for U-turns makes it difficult to maneuver in tight places. You have to drive this car like it's a big body
                          Just turn the wheel to the right hard @ 15 to 20 mph and yank the e brake.Then WOT!!!! Instant U turn if you know how to do it right.

Comment

It'd be a good race... the Sebring V6 has more power but it's a heavier car (I think around 300-400 lbs heavier).

on the highway its about an equal race, if your racing a automatic sebring you'll win if you have the 5 speed accord but if you dont have a chipped ECU its top speed is way higher so it will catch up.
                            Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

Thread jack.... kind of.

Our '99 Sebring LXi

Comment

Working...
                              X