No announcement yet.

Selling the cb to get a gt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had a buddy that had a 93 ford probe GT and he tried to do the custom turbo thing and all this crap and the thing sat as much as it ran.if he had put the time and money into a honda he would have had a far better racing machine! dont buy a probe dude stich with the CB, do a simple dohc motor swap and you have a new CB!

Comment

I had a probe once. Not a good idea. biggest piece of shit that i ever wasted money on. everything breaks and falls apart, not just the engine. I spent more money on fixing crap than I did on the car. save the $1500 and spend it on your honda. you'll thank yourself later. good luck

Comment

Hey bro. The probe isn't a bad idea especially if it only has that many miles. When built and boosted thats a nasty motor. Hell its nasty when its on juice. But heres the thing... With that same 1500 you can buy up an h22 long block (I'll just assume you have a manual) bolt it up to your tranny. buy an ecu, hook up 3 extra wires and bam you have a probe eating cb7. The only con to a h22 is that you have to watch the oil level as most of them have leaks. If all else fail and your not happy with the power gain... then juice it with a 50 shot and run away from s2ks.

As I said either way you wont be doing to bad... I would stick with the cb as you already have it. The probe isn't as shitty as everyone says just poorly put together. It sucks ass trying to change the plugs and the back 3 banks. I have a love for car with potential. The probe is one of these cars.
        Last edited by koolkoreanked; 07-13-2006, 03:57 PM.
        Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
        registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          I wouldnt get one too many problems with them. My friend sister has one it friggin needs to get repaired every now and then. IMO keep the cb. Sure the probe might be faster but your gonna be spending a pretty penny on fixing the damn thing.
          he's right. remember its a FORD and they break alot. we get alot of tow-ins at work which are Ford. but i do have to say that i wouldnt mind myself a probe gt with stick. my question is what year is it. you really didnt generation

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
            Hey bro. The probe isn't a bad idea especially if it only has that many miles. When built and boosted thats a nasty motor. Hell its nasty when its on juice. But heres the thing... With that same 1500 you can buy up an h22 long block (I'll just assume you have a manual) bolt it up to your tranny. buy an ecu, hook up 3 extra wires and bam you have a probe eating cb7. The only con to a h22 is that you have to watch the oil level as most of them have leaks. If all else fail and your not happy with the power gain... then juice it with a 50 shot and run away from s2ks.

As I said either way you wont be doing to bad... I would stick with the cb as you already have it. The probe isn't as shitty as everyone says just poorly put together. It sucks ass trying to change the plugs and the back 3 banks. I have a love for car with potential. The probe is one of these cars.
            hes got a very good ponit and all.

Comment

Originally posted by XLR Azn
              Uhh, just don't beat the shit out of your car. Treat your car nicely, and it'll treat you the same way. I admit I do smash on the throttle every once in a while and I have taken it out to the 1/4 mile, but my shit's still going strong at 229,000 miles

another good point in the making. my 88 civic just hit 270k going to [cp] mikes house the other day. i beat the balls out of it but i do treat it fairly well when it need to be. remember its a honda not a ford you do the math (money wise)

Comment

It's the last year made. And I was considering getting the rear control arm mount, 3 new tires, new blinkers switch thingy, new left side mirror and fixing the mirror and keeping her. I have trouble watching her sit at the end of my drive way. The only problem I have is that my A/C lines are crap and that's one thing I'm looking to get back into. And I'd also like ABS, maybe traction control. All of these things the probe had. I can't tell you how many times on a rainy day some dick head pulls out in front of me and I got every which way but where I want to go. I at least want to have some if not most see where I'm coming from on this.
                Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

Comment

Working...
                X