Selling the cb to get a gt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling the cb to get a gt

Kay, so a bud from my work is selling a half-riced ford probe gt with ew engine and tranny and even had proof the car had only 18,000 on both. 5 speed, nice racing muffler. Very fast. I got to drive around the parking lot once to test it and the thing jumped off the line quicker than mine. It was scary. Either way, do you guys think it's worth 1500? Ask Question's if you want. I know a little bit about it. Anything I should watch out for in probes? I know they have a lot of problems but anything specific
    Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

yeah, I was actually looking into those things before I found this site. I heard they were pretty slow though. They share most of their stuff with the Mazda mx6 (second gen) they do have a JDM KlZe swap available(Im not sure if thats the correct engine name) and there are also some people who were able to custom make a turbo setup. As for price that is very fair for only 18,000 clicks. Also with the right exhaust setup those things sound SEX... no other way ot put it just 100 percent intercourse

Comment

Ehh.. i think you should stick with the honda. Cb7>Probe that just my opinion
      GOT REBEL?

"There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer."

Comment

I wouldnt get one too many problems with them. My friend sister has one it friggin needs to get repaired every now and then. IMO keep the cb. Sure the probe might be faster but your gonna be spending a pretty penny on fixing the damn thing.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i don't mean to discourage you but every time i hear the word "probe" i think of this:
          http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701176545

Comment

20lbs of boost and running 11s? You do that to any engine [stock block] and you'll get the same, especially after 50 drag runs and 35 dyno runs.

I still wouldn't buy one, it's a ford. Especially a riced out one.
            members/ride | the/website
            180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

but my accord was also very costly, I'm starting to think that Hondas aren't as reliable as said. My aunt had one that was never raced unless I drove it and everything and more has gone out on it at one point except the engine. opnmly has 150K on it
              Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

Comment

Well if your having problems you most likely have not been changing stuff at the proper intervals. Especially if it was you aunt driving. Not saying shes a bad driver but some people dont fix things until they are broke or if someone tells them they need to change it. You think an Accord is costly have fun with the probe.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Probes are about as fast as GSRs.

H22 Accords swallow stock GSRs like nothing.

There is also a reason you don't see many Probe GT's on the road anymore...
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

probes suck..if your gona drop the cb..get somethin better than that..ive heard nothing but bad things about probes

Comment

Apparently quality was not job #1.
                      '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                      EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by EXkidd91
                        but my accord was also very costly, I'm starting to think that Hondas aren't as reliable as said. My aunt had one that was never raced unless I drove it and everything and more has gone out on it at one point except the engine. opnmly has 150K on it
                        Uhh, just don't beat the shit out of your car. Treat your car nicely, and it'll treat you the same way. I admit I do smash on the throttle every once in a while and I have taken it out to the 1/4 mile, but my shit's still going strong at 229,000 miles

Comment

what year probe is this?
                          my ride

Comment

when will everyone listen to what EVERYONE says about fords. they suck. i know i've owned and worked on many of them. their trucks are nice, and their performance vehicles are sweet but...come on, we all know they are definately not reliable at all. if your getting rid of a honda and going to something else...get something that won't fall apart bolt by bolt within a month from getting it. ford buttplugs(probes) suck. bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by EXkidd91
                              when hondas are properly maintinenced and taken care of they'll last forever. everyone knows this. but just because it's driven with care doesn't mean that it's being maintained properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X