Drove a '98 Lude today.....H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drove a '98 Lude today.....H22

Loved the way it handled. For some reason it would not rev higher than around 5300 rpm in nuetral. It kept bouncing off, like it was some sort of rev limiter or something. It was an automatic. I don't feel like doing a search, but i'm curious why it was doing this and no CEL's showing. Anyone know?
    To bad I only got to drive it around the parking lot.

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Thats because you dont rev a car in neutral unless you want to kill it. Not sure why people dont understand it... but dont do it, the rev limiter in neutral is not cool

Comment

I can't see why it would kill it, as long as you don't pass redline. In fact, the engine is not pulling the weight of the car while in neutral.

But that explains it, thanks.

My swap thread
      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
        I can't see why it would kill it, as long as you don't pass redline. In fact, the engine is not pulling the weight of the car while in neutral.

But that explains it, thanks.

thats why it would kill it
        1990 h22 accord ex-r

Comment

Originally posted by Xlr8
          thats why it would kill it
          denied!
          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

i drove my cousins on july 4th. they move but i wish that they were a few hundred lbs lighter. my girl drove it and she was afaid to get it to 8 grand. i love them . honda bring them back

Comment

h22a_...<what number here cuz i think the h22a5 or something is nothing compared to the JDM H22A but i dunno

-sean
              Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
              Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

thats only vw and other european cars. It blows the tranny

Comment

If anything, bring the DC tegs back.. Preludes are pigs..

Comment

Preludes are sweet.
                    Last edited by Raceboy; 07-15-2006, 02:05 AM.
                    CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

there is a reason why that rev limiter is there, it's telling you not to do it, so it must be bad, just dont do it its not cool. if you want to hear the motor open it up in first.. or better yet if you really wanna hear that baby roar open it up in third!!! cold air + Vtec
                      .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

I drove one once; I was expecting too much and so was disappointed. Engine pulled OK but nothing "special." Handling was OK but not as fun as I thought it should be.

My point of reference was an '84 I once owned. I know what you're thinking: '84 vs. '98 Préludes? No contest! Well, the '98 had a loud engine for a "modern" car (everything was stock) and a biggish, dorky steering wheel (again, stock).

By contrast, the '84 was light and nimble, had a thick, smaller wheel (stock) and handling to die for --- even on very humble 14" tread w/ steelies. I still remember the test drive in that one --- I knew the first minute I had to have it. But the '98 left me with, "OK, now what?"

I too miss the Préludes, and yes the last models were overall the best in some ways. But something special was lost after '91 in my book. It ain't all about HP.
                        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
                          the '84 was light and nimble...I still remember the test drive in that one.
                          Did you test it brand new from the dealer?!? Dang...that must have been days ago...I wasnt even born then...or maybe you bought it used?
                          My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

The old Preludes were awesome.

The old 90-91 Si's (2.1L) moved pretty damn well.

IMO the 4th gen was the best compromise between HP, handling and weight, but they are relatively uncommon in true VTEC form because they were so expensive.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                              The old Preludes were awesome.

The old 90-91 Si's (2.1L) moved pretty damn well.

IMO the 4th gen was the best compromise between HP, handling and weight, but they are relatively uncommon in true VTEC form because they were so expensive.
                              I hate how they look though. If they had a more squared off look I probably would have got one over the Accord. They look more related to Civics than Accords. They were pretty much perfect though...I like the 5th gens overall more though.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                              X