Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Head Gasket Change on 92 Civic CX (D15B7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head Gasket Change on 92 Civic CX (D15B7)

Well we changed the fucking head gasket and everything. Was a real bitch, harder than a cb7. We got it on and everything, tightened the head down. We poor water/antifreeze into the radiator and the next thing you know there is water comming out of the corner and side of the block by the timing gear and etc. If anyone can maybe help me on what it could be then get back to me!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
    ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
    ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

water pump? correct head gasket? intake gasket replaced? maybe a busted coolant hose?

Comment

Yes it was the correct headgasket.. and we did nothing with the IM so it couldnt be that. And there is no hose around there. Its just leaking straight from the head/ghead gasket.

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
      ALOW1, TheNextAZN

ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

Originally posted by xwade01
        Yes it was the correct headgasket.. and we did nothing with the IM so it couldnt be that. And there is no hose around there. Its just leaking straight from the head/ghead gasket.
        you torque it down right? and could it be a warped head? something isnt right....you have to torque it down exactly like the manual says. good luck.

Comment

either way your going to have to replace that headgasket but I sounds like the head is warped if you properly trq it down, pull the head again and bring ti to a machine shop have them machine it down for you, then just make sure you get new dowel pins and set the head and toque it to factory specs...if it still leaks after that then the block is warped and its not worth dealing with just pull the motor and junk it...

Did you clean the block really well with a single edged razor blade or a die-grinder with a wizz wheel on it.....if the block wasn't cleaned to metal that headgasket wont set...good luck post up how it goes
          Last edited by ehulst; 04-14-2006, 04:06 PM.
          93 Accord- SOLD
          94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

Well we cleaned the block and the head pretty well so there was nothing there. We torqued it down just as the manual says and it still let water out. Then we torqued it down like 10ft lbs more than the book says and same deal.

He did drive a little while w/ the car overheating pretty bad. The needle was above hot but there was no way we could stop or anything. It was pooring rain, and we couldnt get the car to his house otherwise. I thought it coulda been warped but didnt wanna think that.

Also when we took hoses off and everything the hoses were like almost bone dry. Nothing was in the hoses dripping off at all. What ya'll think??

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
            ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

sounds like a warped head to me as well. sucks. whats the oil look like?
              FA1

Comment

maybe the coolant runners are clogged...wich would make the hoses dry...i bet he warped the head, its only aluminum and it doesnt take much to warp them.

Comment

the original head gasket, was it the old style or the new so called improved design that is the the multilayered steal? if it was the older one,i'd say it's a warped head. when i worked for honda, we saw alot of 1.5/1.6 motors warping a popping head gasket because of the faulty design.

Comment

Yeah it was just the thin layered paper head gasket. And when we pulled the head off there was like nothing left of the head gasket. Just a little layer of it. So it is pry warped so we're gona try what I did to my old head. Make it hot and torque it down A LOT so it'll warp back. If it dont work owell. Just a perfect reason to build the LS/VTEC and drop it in.

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                    ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to just check and see if it *is* warped?
                      2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                      Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                      1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Naw.. i'm pretty sure its warped. Everyone else that came and seen it said it was warped also.

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                        ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

Working...
                        X