RSX-S or H22 cb7 "track car" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RSX-S or H22 cb7 "track car" ?

My next dream car is an RSX-S. Now I was wondering, which would be a better base plant for a car going to the track. A new RSX, or an H22 cb7?

I really want a new RSX, but if I want a "track" car, which seems more practical and seems like the easier tuner?

Obviously it would be the RSX Type S. Im sorry but when it comes to handling wise the RSX out does the CB7. The Cb7 can be used as a track car but the RSX-S is a better choice in this one. Thats my opinion though i know a couple of people on this forum autocross there cars they might have some better input. I just say RSX-S since its more nimble because of its size.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah, makes sense.

Either that or I will get the RSX, and choose which one to be the DD. Most likely the RSX as the DD because it's newer.

Comment

yeah i agree. The DC5 has more body rigidity and has better cornering ability than the CB7. So I say go w/ the DC5.
        Raceline USA

Comment

Can you afford to throw an RSX around and put it at a lot of risk. Will your insurance company insure you if you race? How serious are you really about racing this thing?
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

You can brace up a CB to get stiffer. The K20A3 is pretty schweet though...but there's much less financial risk in a CB. It's up to you I guess. You could cobble the H22 CB together for less than 5k, suspension, rims, engine and all if you do the work yourself...something to consider.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

In a couple years when I get something like an RSX, i'm going to go all race for the CB. Stripped and everything.

The RSX might be too expensive to toss around on the track for right now.lol.

Comment

The CB will be a lot easier to work on too, than those new fangled OBD-II machines.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                  The CB will be a lot easier to work on too, than those new fangled OBD-II machines.
                  Oh man, I feel old already...

"I can't get jiggy to your newfangled machines!!! Hondata? Hondoodoo!!! Back in my day, you could download a FREE program, get a chipped ECU and get jiggy!!! What the hell can you do now??? Buy some Duracell battery packs!!!!"

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

haha, yeah your right. It would be alot harder to work with. Plus way more expensive if shit hits the fan.

Comment

The CB7, even with it's minimal aftermarket, is actually pretty well balanced. It may not be a sports car, but it's definitely designed as a sporty/luxury/economy car. Sacrifice the luxury with weight reduction and a nice low/stiff suspension, and sacrifice the economy with some fairly wild tuning, and you've got a sporty car!

Plus, the CB7 is VERY common, so replacement parts are cheap. Just try to keep the rear quarter panels and frame in good shape! The F22 is already quite cheap, and the higher-powered DOHC motors are also very affordable. The H22 is reasonably priced as well (and it will continue to get cheaper until it becomes scarce... and that's a good 5-6 years at least!)

For less than the cost of the RSX-S motor, you can have the majority of a race-ready CB7 completed. (car, suspension, motor)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        The CB7, even with it's minimal aftermarket, is actually pretty well balanced. It may not be a sports car, but it's definitely designed as a sporty/luxury/economy car. Sacrifice the luxury with weight reduction and a nice low/stiff suspension, and sacrifice the economy with some fairly wild tuning, and you've got a sporty car!

Plus, the CB7 is VERY common, so replacement parts are cheap. Just try to keep the rear quarter panels and frame in good shape! The F22 is already quite cheap, and the higher-powered DOHC motors are also very affordable. The H22 is reasonably priced as well (and it will continue to get cheaper until it becomes scarce... and that's a good 5-6 years at least!)

For less than the cost of the RSX-S motor, you can have the majority of a race-ready CB7 completed. (car, suspension, motor)
                        Beevergote....the thread closer...

Comment

I do seem to kill every thread I post in, don't I?

Comment

so, i just sold my rsx-s and am going to look at a 91 ex coupe tomm, which happens to be nicely equipped with an h22. if all goes well, i left the dc5 and came back to a cb7, not really by choice tho. I bought a house and wanted to leave the thought open to add on sooner rather than later and sold it. The rsxs was a spectacular car..theres downsides as with any car(synchro grinds, noisy interior, uncomfy stock seats for a longer than normal trip) complaint from others, not me, besides the synchro. I loved the car. If anything though, id go ahead and immediately plan for engine work more than anything else. The car has a near perfect suspension set up, im very picky about handling and did add an auto x kit, c pillar bars, regular front/rear struts, lower/upp ties, b pillar bars.. but after taking them back off, before selling, I was taking it for a ride and these do make a difference but if i had to do it all over again...the K24 would be my route, hit up clubrsx.com and browse. Good luck on the decision and hopefully i helped more than i did confuse.

Comment

I didn't even know you bought the S! That explains why I haven't seen you around here as much!

The S is definitely set up to be sportier. The CB7 needs some work to get to the stock S level.

Comment

Working...
                              X