cb7 or 240sx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cb7 or 240sx

ok i just want to know what you all think i have a 90 cb7 with 153K miles and this guy i know wants to traid me his 89 240 coupe with 170K miles i havent taken it to a shop to get it lookd at but assuming i did this and theres nothing wrong like my car (everything works as it should) would it be in my best intrest to trade or stay with my honda thanks
    1990 CB7 *RIP*

Current-91 EX and 92 EX

get the nissan (assuming its running). for sure.

sr20 > f22/H22
    rwd > fwd

for those who are going to say it..i know the 240 doesnt have a sr20 from the factory. But they are uber cheap, especially the RWD ones

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
      get the nissan (assuming its running). for sure.

sr20 > f22/H22
      rwd > fwd

for those who are going to say it..i know the 240 doesnt have a sr20 from the factory. But they are uber cheap, especially the RWD ones
      Couldn't have said it any better!
      I wish I had a 240. There's soooo much you can do to them.
      Amen about the SR.
      Those blocks can handle ALOT of power.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
      91 accord lx (5spd)
      92 accord lx (5spd)
      93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

yha thats what i said when i the guy askd why i was willing to trade ok thanks guys
        1990 CB7 *RIP*

Current-91 EX and 92 EX

Comment

id take the cb7. why you ask? those damn drifters are fuqing up all the suspensions on every cheap rwd car except the miata. the cb7 also has less mileage, and a honda engine to boot. plus 240s are played out.

Comment

i rather have both, but tell you the truth ill take the 240 saidly its not a hatch. coupes are lighter but hatchs look better. drifting is hot as hell if people think its played out fine but the scene is bad ass. do what you like, not as other tell you do.

Comment

I wouldn't trade for a coupe, but I do like the 240 a lot.

Hell, I remember when those cars were new.

The only thing is that if you're in an area where there's snow, they're going to be a PITA to keep on the road in the white stuff.

Comment

depends on what you do with your car. there would be no point to have a S13 ..or 240sx if you don't drift. 240's are for drifting. it's up to your decision on what you do. if you are into driftin' go for tha s13, if not, stick with tha cb7. even though sr20 pwns f22 and h22, and rwd > fwd. tha decision is within you.

*EDIT* -- even if you do get tha 240sx, theres not much you can do with your own creativity, alot of things have been done already, parts will be easy to find but expensive in my words. 240sx's have too many counterparts. when i think about it, all 240sx's are tha same to me, modified or not.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Originally posted by xKingDomeCB7
                  ...there would be no point to have a S13 ..or 240sx if you don't drift.
                  not true. suppose someone had a jeep, they should only drive it offroad?
                  *EDIT* -- even if you do get tha 240sx, theres not much you can do with your own creativity, alot of things have been done already...
                  ever heard of custom work?

Comment

custom work or not, alot of shit has been done already even if you think nobody has done it.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

i say do a KA24DE head swap and boost the 2.4 its got
                      1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                      4.0L I-6 2WD
                      293k miles, still running strong.
                      Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

even if you do get tha 240sx, theres not much you can do with your own creativity.
                        You can say that about any car cb7, 240sx, teg, civic, supra, evo, sti, etc. It doesn't matter, the 240sx is no more played out than any other car.

alot of things have been done already, parts will be easy to find but expensive in my words.
                        The rb26 is very rare in a 240sx, many people have tried and gave up during the process, along with many other engines that can be swapped. Endless possibilities.
                        My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

240's are for drifting. it's up to your decision on what you do. if you are into driftin' go for tha s13, if not, stick with tha cb7.
                          says who? believe it or not, nissan did not design the car with drifting in mind..just because its rear wheel drive doesnt mean thats all its good for. how is it any different than a mustang or camaro?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by TysCb7
                            You can say that about any car cb7, 240sx, teg, civic, supra, evo, sti, etc. It doesn't matter, the 240sx is no more played out than any other car.

The rb26 is very rare in a 240sx, many people have tried and gave up during the process, along with many other engines that can be swapped. Endless possibilities.
                            no i can say that about the 240sx because the market value has doubled for a 15 year old car just within the past two years. why? everybody has jumped on the bandwagon.
                            the rb26 just isnt that rare in a 240sx anymore. and when you say endless possibilies, thats true for any car.

Comment

Originally posted by daived
                              no i can say that about the 240sx because the market value has doubled for a 15 year old car just within the past two years. why? everybody has jumped on the bandwagon.
                              the rb26 just isnt that rare in a 240sx anymore. and when you say endless possibilies, thats true for any car.
                              The market value has not doubled The 240sx is anywhere from 2,300 to 7,000 Are you saying that two years ago that you could divide those prices by 2 yea RIGHT.
                              My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X