What to do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do???

I have a 1993 Honda Prelude Si,and it is an Automatic and really boggish on the takeoff....It only has 144,000 miles on it but my question is what can I do to make it faster on takeoff with spending little money????
    I know I can depend on you guys to help me out so please help!!!!!!!

Originally posted by NewCb7Tuner
    I have a 1993 Honda Prelude Si,and it is an Automatic and really boggish on the takeoff....It only has 144,000 miles on it but my question is what can I do to make it faster on takeoff with spending little money????
    They just keep fuckin' coming don't they

cha-ching

Comment

Originally posted by NewCb7Tuner
      well the miles are a little high to start really doing any real hp numbers. with it being an automatic tranny the only thing that i can think of right off hand is to put like a 2600 to 3000 stall torque converter. that will definitly give you a better take off. they usually run around 380 to 500 dollars pending on where you go. other than that i can't really help sorry
      Isn't it just so sexy http://www.myspace.com/forced93lude

Comment

Originally posted by forced93lude
        well the miles are a little high to start really doing any real hp numbers. with it being an automatic tranny the only thing that i can think of right off hand is to put like a 2600 to 3000 stall torque converter. that will definitly give you a better take off. they usually run around 380 to 500 dollars pending on where you go. other than that i can't really help sorry
        word...stall converters are the stuff for an auto tranny

Comment

have you tried cleaning the egr ports? they hurt on auto's on takeoff.
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=port

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
            word...stall converters are the stuff for an auto tranny
            yeah my buddy just put one on his integra and it jumps off the line just as good if not better than i do with my stick shift.
            Isn't it just so sexy http://www.myspace.com/forced93lude

Comment

orrrr....you could do a manual swap. 3g's on making your auto sounds like a waste, when i'm sure a full manny swap can be done for less. and then you can have a real car!

Comment

umm..since you sound like a total newb..you could shift through your gears..rather than let the TCU do it... this will increase your acceleration during takeoff...

or simply an oil change?

Comment

bogging... first check your timing, full tune up, and then get performance parts.

with the first two done hopefully you wont bog anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                    They just keep fuckin' coming don't they

cha-ching
                    thats a nice thing to say. why you gotta rag on him? hes just asking a simple question. its not like "i got a buncha money, how do i make my car fast?" anyway. i just wanted to say that being unsportsmanlike and youre not helping anybody except your post count.

as for the bogging. i dno. i just floor it on my auto and it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by daived
                      thats a nice thing to say. why you gotta rag on him? hes just asking a simple question. its not like "i got a buncha money, how do i make my car fast?" anyway. i just wanted to say that being unsportsmanlike and youre not helping anybody except your post count.

as for the bogging. i dno. i just floor it on my auto and it goes.

I couldn't give a FUCK about my post count. Make it 2,000, 617,998, make it zero, doesn't make a difference to me. I fucked with him because he decided to ask a question that's been asked over and over and over and over and over and over

and over

and over

AND OVER

AND GODDAMN FUCKING OVER AGAIN!!

Just a little bit of searching (and NOT just on this fucking site) would have netted him much more useful information about the subject.

If anyone has to ask a question like that, they shouldn't be touching cars. Don't turn into a fucking pussy and say that people are just learning and they need help... I was "just learning" once too...but I never asked any fuckin' questions like that. I researched and experimented. No, I'm not extra special or anything for learning on my own... I'm just not a fuckin' moron.

What's funny is I've explained this all multiple times before. They will never stop...

Comment

Stall torque converter is definitely your best bet if you aren't wanting to swap to a manual.

Also a silly question, but how is the fluid level in your transmission?
                        Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

I dont know why (Doctor Cipher )whatever the fuck kinda name that is has to be such a Dick but Fluid is fine and I think it might just be because of the milege.....
                          Ane by the way you stupid ass COCK LICK(Doctor Cipher) IJUST WANTED SOME OPINIONS!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by NewCb7Tuner; 02-16-2006, 12:14 AM.

Comment

i think both of you need to cool it. yeesh. There is a search option though. anyway. you could always buy some stuff from level 10. I suggest getting the pts kit.
                            my 91 cb7
                            Originally posted by 4doorfury
                            I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

Working...
                            X