Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When a dodge ram has sex with a pontiac vibe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When a dodge ram has sex with a pontiac vibe...

is this a repost? i remember reading a thread about the neon going away, but i never saw this...

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/02/08/a...caliber-srt-4/

According to Dodge, four numbers are important when contemplating the significance of the Caliber SRT-4: 85, 125, 300 and 260. Eighty-five represents how much more horsepower the Caliber SRT-4 has than the Neon SRT-4 it replaces, which means it produces 125 hp per liter of displacement with a total output of 300 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque. Umm… wow. Just wow.

The prodigious amount of power provided by the turbocharged 2.4L VVT “World Engine” is chopped up and served by a six-speed manual and delivered via the front wheels, which has to be one scary fun sub-six-second ride to 60.
    Last edited by Accord R33; 02-09-2006, 02:15 PM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

the most aggressive station wagon i've seen before...word..

SOLD!

Comment

It'll eat your children....
      members/ride | the/website
      180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

the engine output is impressive, but there will never be one in my garage. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I like the horsepower, but its basically a mini SUV. Oh, the retardedness...

I'd rather take the 85 hp deficit and get a Neon SRT-4...
          Josh G.

Power Sunroof-equipped LXs #1

www.myspace.com/inkyturbo
          www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=36221

MEMBER OF THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CB7TUNERS!

Comment

Boring car, plain car. Nice engine.

- Zipcreature
            Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Worthless. Nobody into the "tuner" market is going to want to be caught dead in one of those.

Even worse, nobody is going to want to be beat by one. Watch out CB7's

Comment

Neon is to SRT-4 as PT Cruiser is to that thing perhaps?

300hp is nice... but honestly... why? And FWD? That's going to be no fun to drive with just a few mods due to traction issues, I'm sure! With that kind of power, RWD or AWD are the better choices... especially for a production car.

Although, I'd love to drop that motor into a 1st gen Neon, or even a PT Cruiser. That would shake some things up!

Comment

I am losing my MIND...
                  Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                  D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                  ┴─┴
                  ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Ugly.
                    To-Do List for Today
                    Be Awesome

Comment

I saw the standard, non-SRT model today at the Philly auto show. Barf. Give me the modaneon dammit! The Neon based car was hot, and I don't like Neons! This thing is... wimpy. Hell, the model they had at the show was rocking hubcaps!

Comment

I saw a Caliber in person at my local auto show and to be honest they look a lot better in person. They look a lot bigger as well, and for a guy like me who has a family this is a very viable option. But I'm going to be in line for the Si sedan when it comes out next fall.

Comment

eww eww eww eww eww. my retina just got burnt. fuck that thing is ugly. i would take a regular neon over that any day

Comment

it looks cute. its looks like a cross between a ram/vibe/hhr. im at toss up 50/50

Comment

It looks like a body building midget.
                              You can build your car :CHEAP: :FAST: or :RELIABLE: but you can only choose two options. What did you choose?
                              '90 Accord Lx and '89 Supra Turbo

Mk3 Member #4

Comment

Working...
                              X