Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NutBucket
    Well, you may have bad grammar but you do have good common sense

The only reason the SRT sells is because those domestic fanboys finally have something that's fast. Most SRT drivers are dicks anyway in my experience.
    No the only reason it sells is cause the price is right with performance to kick. I know of more than one import driver that switched to the srt. I mean shit I almost bought one but didn't cause of insurance.

If the guy wanted a subby this would be a thread about the subby. The subaru is better build and will last longer than a srt-4 when driven like a sensible person. But as far as bang for the buck the srt cant be beat period.
    Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
    registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
      Thank you, someone else with a BRAIN!!!
      i was referring to blackedout when i said mine...

along w/ koolkoreanked, x2 thats a main reason why they are selling the way they do technically best bang for your buck, i do estimate at about 100k miles on the SRT there will be problems especially when they are 'geeked on the regular'
      Back up and Give me 50 feet

Comment

best bang for your buck?

fuck outta here...for 12k..theres a shitload of cars i could cop that will rape a srt4..he posted the thread for our opinions..we gave it to him

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
          best bang for your buck?

fuck outta here...for 12k..theres a shitload of cars i could cop that will rape a srt4..he posted the thread for our opinions..we gave it to him
          hear, hear..there are plenty of cars i'd rather spend 12 grand on that will smoke an srt..and look better at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
            I've driven them too and would take them over a srt in a sec. But for 24k including the stage 3 upgrades theres nothing that can touch the car from the factory for that price. I own an accord why the hell would I go to a srt forum. I like all fast car especially one as easily modifiable as the srt-4.

But like they already said, "IT'S STILL A NEON" Enough said.
            Isn't it just so sexy http://www.myspace.com/forced93lude

Comment

I hate Neon's.. but in my oppinion, a SRT-4 looks real good.. especially in black.. pretty quick aswell..
              1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                best bang for your buck?

So can I... For less than 12k more like 7k I can buy a cb7, build a h22 turbocharge it and run 12 with 11s not to far out of the way. For that same 12k I can have a crx or eg hatch with a k24/k20 hybrid dropped in and run 12s. 5.0 mustang or even a 94 with a 5.0 supercharged and run the same 12s. All of these cars in my opinion are nicer and faster for the same price. Now Find me a 03-04 car for 12k that run low 14s with a good driver and for a few thousand more can be well into the 12s... There aren't any. Not everyone wants to drive an old ass car, I sure dont. I just do cause insurance right now doesn't let me get a 04 cobra or evo. Hell I wouldn't mind a STi. As far as new cars go its a good bang for the buck.
                Last edited by koolkoreanked; 12-29-2005, 06:23 PM.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

you jus posted the most reatrded comment ever..the fucks the difference?id rather hav.."an old ass" car that can rip your little srt4...than spend 12k on a fuckin ugly ass car with a turbo...there are newer cars that are rpiced at 12k..i see it all the time..especially on ebay..i jus dont see what the year of the car has to do woith anything..id gladly take a 15 yr old car im satisfied with..and can dust a widee range of new cars..

Comment

Ok my car can take a s2k, I'd still rather have the s2k. Leather seats and sexy looks... Better ride better handling... If you want the cb keep the cb. The srt-4 is just a neon but damn... A h22 accord is still just an accord. Its nice to take the newer "better" cars (not saying the srt is better or nicer... it isn't) but still I'd rather have the newer car. And that same reason you'd rather take an older is car is why people would rather have a srt. Its just plain funny to walk vettes and other expensive ass cars in just a neon.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

allright well after reading the Haterz comments thats actually kinda true though i mean i was thinking that the stuff i have in my closet right now to do to the CB7 will bring me into the high 14's..Some of you guys are right aswell, i can boost my stock F22 and be into the high 13's if not lower... and thats only $1200,, hmmmm you guys really make me think now...
                      R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
                      CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
                      Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by forced93lude
                        But like they already said, "IT'S STILL A NEON" Enough said.

No shit! carry on as much as you people want, its a NEON, Its still a dodge trying to be noticed in a crowd of real performace hustlers.

Dodge considdered the Neon as their guiena pig, they figured its a car with an image they could toy with and not take a great loss if it fails completely.

It's Chrylsers way of getting attention from the tuner crowd.

Deep down, its still a neon

EDIT:

A big thing is that is has no heritage... Think about it. If you own an STi. How many rallys has that thing won? Evo. Same with that. Supra, Fastest car in Japan land untill the R32 GTR came out. All these cars have a history owners could be proud of.

Dodge Neon SR-t 4

whats the history?

a NEON. One of the biggest pieces of failures Dodge has ever concieved. (Im not talking about the SRT-4, the original Neons). Thats the history of a neon.

Ask local mechanics if you dont believe me. They'll tell you.

The most positive respose you'll get for a Neon is "Eh, its alright..."
                        Last edited by lil_dcb7; 12-29-2005, 10:24 PM.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

No argument there brotha. The mistu motor in the neon was shitty. So shitty it needs a rebuilt at the 100k mark. And its like clock work. Almost everyone I know with a neon or non turbo eclipse has had to rebuilt at 100k. Even tho its still a neon it was a success.

Blackout if you want the car... get it. The srt has one thing hondas can only dream of... and thats tq. It makes the driving expericance so much more fun. Drive a low 14sec honda and then drive the srt. You'll find the srt to be alot more fun.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
                            No argument there brotha. The mistu motor in the neon was shitty. So shitty it needs a rebuilt at the 100k mark. And its like clock work. Almost everyone I know with a neon or non turbo eclipse has had to rebuilt at 100k. Even tho its still a neon it was a success.

Blackout if you want the car... get it. The srt has one thing hondas can only dream of... and thats tq. It makes the driving expericance so much more fun. Drive a low 14sec honda and then drive the srt. You'll find the srt to be alot more fun.
                            What? I never head of a neon having that 4g motor (i think thats what its called)

The neons i've seen had fucking hyundai motors in them!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Great...QQcmdZViewItem

scroll down to the second to last picture so you know im not bullshitting

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                            Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                            NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Must have swapped it in after 100k when his old motor blew. But yeah all the non turbo eclipse have the same motor as the dohc neon which is the same motor in some hyundai's and daewoo's. alot of the dohc motors are the same between cars from all 4 manufacturers. And they all blow up at 100k.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

im not a hater..im jus trying to prove my point...yeh i came off as an asshole..i apologize tehehehe..seriously...car sucks...ive experienced it...and dont liek it...i suggest you search around more..dont settle for this dude

Comment

Working...
                                X