Srt-4??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
    Meh a regular wrx isn't very fast. Hella lag everytime you shift... Just sucks all the way around. And after a few high rpm launches the tranny is toast.
    And you know this because....let me guess, you read it on a forum.

Comment

yeah...let him find out for his self...its not gonna be your car

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

i would never buy a neon for the fact that they sit waaaayyy too high in the back..and the wheel well in the back lines up with a completely different body line than the wheel well in the front...IMO...one of the fugliest vehicles around....i would never drive one..no matter what..
        i dont care if someone gave me a 500hp one...i wouldnt drive it...i'd sell it if i could...give it away if i couldnt sell it....neons are no good IMO....my g/f's stinks...

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
          accord22: Then what would you compare it too? As I was saying before there aren't too many cars like that from the factory that can be pushed to high levels like that... Kinda reminds me of a supra with the ease of tuning.
          If I had to . . . a WRX or a FWD eclipse. a factory turbo car is the only comparison that makes sense.
          -Mark-
          CB7
          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

so ur gonna be gettin a "skittles" huh, haha. I heard neons are reffered to skittles due to their odd color availability in their early years. To me, its far too easy to make these cars fast, which in one sense makes them kool, but in another sense, makes it bland. I'm one for hard work and originality, but nevertheless, these cars are quick. 14.2-13.9 stock (supposedly), and with stg 3 just under 5 grand, no wonder people jump on these. great performance for your buck, but to me its still a Neon, and still a Dodge. -.02

(btw...exterior upgrades= drop, wheels, eyelids, cf hood, cf trunk, no wing)

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

its ur car but for the love of god make sure u drop it before u roll it off the showroom floor lol

"Tucking tires and wires."
              The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
                And you know this because....let me guess, you read it on a forum.
                I know this cause I walked into a Subaru three different times over the past year and tested an 05, 06 and a brand new STI. Both the regular ones had zero power until about 4k when the turbo finally decided to spool and every shift lost all its power. It was like vtec but really sucked. The for the lag was the lack of wheel spin in second causing the motor to bog. The STI on the other hand was sweet. I know the tranny will break after lot of hard track use do to personally experience. My buddy had a black WRX, I forget what year, with many mods. Ran consistent 10s at the track. Over the course of 5 months went thru 3 trannies. He said forget it and traded it for a SRT. Bad trade in my opinion but hell. At the track last time I when, there was this Subby forester modded. Ran 12s all day. Blew his diff up at the line on the 10 or so run that night. It was funny as hell cause of all the shit he was talking. I'm not going to tell you something I read on a forum, thats meaningless if I haven't experiance it myself. Why am I going to say this car sucks or this car is hot if I haven't driven it myself.
                Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                registration is free

Comment

Well damn, what a shock. A car running at least two (probably 3) times as much horsepower as stock needs a trans upgrade. Yeah, some arguement you have there. Its not my fault people abuse their cars to run fast times and gernade transmissions. Makes sense to me....fwd = slip so a clutch drop works fine. Drop the clutch w/ AWD and the tires sure as hell aren't slipping. That leaves the clutch and the trans to take the abuse.

Enjoy your SRT burnouts.

Comment

Wait wait wait... SO could you be avle to upgrade the turbo on a WRX to reduce the lag??
                    R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
                    CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
                    Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

Comment

Don't even need to upgrade the turbo. A simply ECU upgrade on my gf's car significantly reduced lag. The WRX turbo isn't big to begin with.

Comment

the larger the turbo the bigger possibility of turbo lag hence more the need of a compatiable bov and wastegate
                        Back up and Give me 50 feet

Comment

dude...any tranny will wear out after that much power....especially a stock tranny with no upgrades..peopel are dumb and cocnentrate on big turbos and unpgrading them..without balancing out the power..ie..building the tranny and etc

Comment

Thank you, someone else with a BRAIN!!!

Comment

funny how you say that and i had like 09587076 typos ha...but in conclusion..the srt4 isnt worth the 12k your gonnna spend man..sure its fast..but why not get a car thats just as fast..and looks better..and is a QUALITY car...and as i said before dude..

ITS A NEON!......

Comment

Well, you may have bad grammar but you do have good common sense

The only reason the SRT sells is because those domestic fanboys finally have something that's fast. Most SRT drivers are dicks anyway in my experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X