The Monarchy is Building...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Monarchy is Building...

Well, as some of you may already know, I've got an MK3 Supra..

after much speculation and investigation, we've come to find that my MK3 has a BHG(Blown Head Gasket). Big surprise there...

So I have decided to create a thread deadicated to our(me, my dad and friends that decide to help out) build/rebuild process throughout this cars life(with me at least)

So i have snapped a few pictures on the car's current state, its dark so more will come tomorrow, and pictures of the head, HG and block will come later tonight when we dig into it.

It's Building

And i just started to clean the engine yesterday...

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

keep us updated.. and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
      keep us updated.. and good luck!

you bet i'll keep this updated.

it may sound funny, but im actually GLAD it has a BHG...

Can you say total rebuild with better aftermarket valves and an HKS Metal Headgasket?
      Last edited by lil_dcb7; 12-26-2005, 10:17 PM.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

haha and its good for a learning expierence... i'm 17 and i can officially do head gasket jobs (after doing 3 of them with my dad on my sisters car, and other peoples)

Comment

i cant wait to see that thing fully built i bet it will be similar to the one in the fast and the furious

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212
            i cant wait to see that thing fully built i bet it will be similar to the one in the fast and the furious
            shit son i will be fast and furious when its 100% done

Comment

my buddy ahs the sams supra your hooking up sitting in his yard! and he wants it gone! he also has RSR springs with some crazy dampers from japan that are brand new! if you rinterested let me know i could hook you guys up with his parts, his car runs perfectly but we still pee on it and it just sits around
              To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

look for a 1j twinky they run for like $1,500 and u'll be very happy.

just a thought, but if you plan on getting any mkIV parts, i can always use some for my sc400
                i thought the lex had more in common with the newer i think mk5 supra?
                my boy has a sc400 with a 1j twinky 5 speed, and he can't stop ranting about how his toyota could whip my honda!
                i swear....

Comment

Originally posted by T3h HoT!!
                  i thought the lex had more in common with the newer i think mk5 supra?
                  my boy has a sc400 with a 1j twinky 5 speed, and he can't stop ranting about how his toyota could whip my honda!
                  i swear....
                  I have an MKIII, The one your thinking about(MKIV, the "latest" one) has a 2JZGE engine, and sometimes people sell supra parts in bulk, for the 7M, 1J and 2J. 1J and 2J parts are pretty damn interchangable.

So ricks, if i come across something worth while, I'll let you know and we can work something out.

Comment

Ah, I remember removing the head off of that same engine......out of an '85 Cressida. That was a lot of work. Those intake (or exhaust?) manifold bolts were so hard to reach. Have fun!

My swap thread
                    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
                      Ah, I remember removing the head off of that same engine......out of an '85 Cressida. That was a lot of work. Those intake (or exhaust?) manifold bolts were so hard to reach. Have fun!

IMO the design is f'in retardo. the damn throttle body crosses the top of the block and reaches around. WTF MAN?!

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
                        my buddy ahs the sams supra your hooking up sitting in his yard! and he wants it gone! he also has RSR springs with some crazy dampers from japan that are brand new! if you rinterested let me know i could hook you guys up with his parts, his car runs perfectly but we still pee on it and it just sits around
                        so soy i need some springs, LMK what he wants for em and i'll see if i can stomach it

Comment

Originally posted by Previously, on: 'The Monarchy is Building'...
                          Well, as some of you may already know, I've got an MK3 Supra..

after much speculation and investigation, we've come to find that my MK3 has a BHG(Blown Head Gasket). Big surprise there...

So I have decided to create a thread deadicated to our(me, my dad and friends that decide to help out) build/rebuild process throughout this cars life(with me at least)

So i have snapped a few pictures on the car's current state, its dark so more will come tomorrow, and pictures of the head, HG and block will come later tonight when we dig into it.

It's Building

And i just started to clean the engine yesterday...

update, well the family was pretty busy today so we headed out at around 9:50 - Tenish.... and started to wrench.... Here's some pics of tonight

Our set up, before we started to tear down...

One last look, it shall NEVER be the same again...

I had just cleaned the MAF sensor and install my air filter for christmas... =(

The carnage has begun...

Fukin ew...

It looks so much more welcoming....

We plan to have the head off by tomorrow night. More to come... Stay Tuned

~The Monarchy Is Building...~
                          Last edited by lil_dcb7; 12-28-2005, 11:36 PM.

Comment

We went at it again today, doing little by little at a time. We plan on going back out tonight

The funnest part of owning a car...

I FUCKING HATE YOU, YOU GODDAMN THROTTLE BODY!!

More carnage

After some good fenesse, we pryed the exhaust mani off :shock:

Whats missing?

Comment

You're bringing back memories. Looks like you have those nice intake manifold bolts to tackle now!

My swap thread
                              Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Working...
                              X