s10 vtec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s10 vtec?

hey my buddy has 92 chevy s10 and he's baggin it and doing all the body work, but he really wants it to stand out, and after seeing my car with my h22 swap, we both started to wonder if its possible (feasile and price wise) to drop a vtec motor into his truck, and if so which motor would be the easiest, especially because he wants it to be rear wheel drive and all that good stuff

A 92 Chevy s10?

LOL! That needs a really torquey motor to pull it. I would say, (if you can find custom motor mounts and axels, wiring, distribution shafts....headaches... ) go for the V6, like found in the Acura TL's, RL's, Ridgeline, most of these are the vtec, not i-vtec technology still being produced...

crazy idea, i dont think it'll happen...but good luck regardless!!

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
    1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Now how the fuck would that work out? Someone with some physics help?

Comment

Well if he wants to be completely different go ahead. He can get the F20C and hook that up because its already RWD and its got vtec. The s10 should have enough room in there for a tiny 4 cylinder cause those V8's fit in there also.

Comment

F20 is still weak to pull the Chevy.
          It's still a 4 cylinder, still a 2Liter.

Those Chevy's, please correct me if im wrong, have like 4.8 liters, V8s!!!

Forget Vtec, for a Chevy application it is not needed...like i said, maybe the 3.5L v6 Vtec from the Ridgeline...

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
          1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

ok stop smoking crack. drop in a 350 and call it a day. stop watching the F&F.

Comment

Well shit if thats the case why dont you get all the knowledge for a Nissan motor. It'd be different but not so much different from seeing the older Nissan trucks w/ skyline/sr20 motors in them. Or the old Mitsubishi trucks w/ the turbo cyclone engine. It'd be fun but lots of work and custom fab's. I'd say stick w/ DUNKiNUTS suggestion and throw the 350 in there. Maybe supercharge it while ur at it

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
              ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
              ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

aight...the older s10's came with the 2.8 v6..sucky motor...if you want a mild power increase..
                supercharge a 4.3, or if you want better, just drop a 350 in there
                and if you want the ultimate, go with the ZZ383 (find it in a jeg's catalog) and its gonna be a bad all motor truck..
                outrun most camaros with 425hp and 460 tq
                you could line-lock that biotch and just liquify the tires...muahahahah

Comment

ok, first of all, his stock engine is a shitty 2.5liter 4 cyl, and we both saw one at a car show on a video on bags hittin vtec across a parking lot laying frame, so its doable, but we cant find any info on his, so we were just wondering if anyone knew anything about it, and v8's in s10s around here are a dime a dozen, he just wants something different, if you have no knowledge of it, then thats fine

Comment

Meh. What he REALLY needs is a LS1. Don't mess around with weak Honda motors in a truck.

Comment

ok this is you need to do,

you and your buddy get your heads out of each others asses

sorry couldnt resist.. haha

but in all seriousness, get a turbo charged vette engine or something so much potential you could have!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                      Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                      NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Vtec in a Chevy???

Just throw in the 4.3 Vortec or a 327 or 350. You'll spend way too much trying that.
                        90' Honda Accord LX Sedan
                        Everytime I feel blue, I remember to breath again.

Comment

WOW! There is just no vision here. The transmission/transaxle in your CB7 is front wheel drive, the S10 is rear wheel drive. So as stated above use a engine and transmission from a RWD vehicle to keep that part simpleR.
                          Back in the 80's GM made a GMC S-15 Cyclone. It was a limited production 4.3Ltr V-6 that was super charged. They only made it for like 2 years because it had more HP and TrQ than the 350 cid. corvette and the old fOcks who were buying vetts had a fit so GM stopped making the truck. Point of interest a 4.3 Ltr block is a 5.7 Ltr block with the front 2 cylinders cut off.
                          So back to the 1/2 ton Honda pickup project. The 2.5 Ltr in-line 4 cylinder engine that is in your friends truck when taken care of will run 300 to 400K. All be it the motor has most likely already been weak and no fun to drive since around 50K. Your going to have to figure our motor mounts and a drive shaft.
                          The 92' is just before the conversion to Vorteq so the 4 cyl is like the same HP as the Honda. The 6 Cyl is 190-210 HP. I had one of these. 2001 S10 Xtreme. Bad ass little truck. The wheels would hop if I help her down. Any way, A VTEC 4 cyl is around the same HP as the 6 Cyl Vorteq and weights less so those are good reasons to say yes.
                          It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by 84Blazin
                            Vtec in a Chevy???

Just throw in the 4.3 Vortec or a 327 or 350. You'll spend way too much trying that.

THANK you

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                            Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                            NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

ok, first of all, lil dcb7 my heads way to big to go in his ass, hes pretty tight (unlike you im assuming since you seem to know alot about it), and second of all if you dont got any ideas that will help, then just keep it to yourself, and it is possible, i was just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how other people have done it, and the reason hes not gettin the cyclone motor is because of the rareness and prices of those, the v8's around here are so common and he wants to stand out, he doesnt need the fastest truck, just a nice truck that has some quickness and gets better gas mileage than the v8, any other POSITIVE input?

Comment

Working...
                              X