X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B Series in a 3rd Gen...

I never saw one with it, but i stumbled across this one on 3geez.com

enjoy...

wow thats clean looks like its sittin in a civic with da space it has in da bay
    Back up and Give me 50 feet

Comment

Yes, it is almost as if they were made for each other...

This swap is actually fairly common on those cars. Most foreign markets had the B20 available in the highest level Accord. I don't remember if it was the Si or Si-R. It was also the B20 in the Prelude, not the CRV, but still.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Mind you this car was Carb. stock.
        So alot of work was put into it.

*I say Deev, keep your 3 Gen throw a b16/18 in there, Mod it and call it a day*

Comment

carb to EFI...alota work...i dont think too much work unless im missing something. just the work of the computers pretty much right
          Back up and Give me 50 feet

Comment

That's My Kind of Bucket... That motor looks sick...
            Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

There are many wiring differences yes, in that the carbed 3rd gens pretty much have none.

They work with thermowax valves, vaccuum diaphragms, and mechanical linkages. It is a veritable nightmare of underhood complexity.

The fuel system is also a low pressure system (4-5 PSI), so in order to fuel inject it, you pretty much have to replace everything related to fuel pressure. Luckily, LX-i's were fairly common and can be found fairly readily in the junkyards, so you can pretty much do an OEM fuel injection conversion, or just buy an LX-i in the first place.

The other plus side to there not being any wiring, is that you could pretty much just pilfer an OBD-0 wiring harness and B-series ECU and just throw the whole thing in the car. I suppose if you wanted, you could go through the trouble to make it OBD-1 as well if you desired. The speedo is cable, the tach, and all the temp sensors work the same, so it wouldn't be difficult to go either route.

The LX-i only weighs about 2600LBS fully loaded in 4 door sedan form, so they would end up with a decent power-to-weight ratio as well. They pretty much have suspension identical to the 88-91 Prelude, and can therefore be made to handle well too. There are still suspension components available for the car. The biggest drawback to handling, would be the relatively flexy chassis (by todays standards) but that could be rectified as well.

Besides, the old school flavor and the pop-up headlights offset all disadvantages. I have been thinking about doing one for quite a while now.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

very nice swap....talk about sleaper. looks clean too, i like it.

Comment

Originally posted by integra_hot
                  carb to EFI...alota work...
                  You mean SFI....Si, Sequential Injection

Comment

Not all 3rd gens were carbed.. mine wasn't.

I had a 87 LXi (the i stood for fuel injected I guess)

And yes, the B series swaps are as common in 3Gs as the H22 in 4Gs

Comment

Someone should put the K-series mounts on the B-series mounts in a 3g...those cars are reaching OG status though; I dunno if the K would be worth it...

I still want a clean SEi 5spd coupe...

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Damn that ride is sweeeet.

Makes me want a 3G next...
                        Nice Find!
                        "Vision without Action is a Daydream. Action without Vision is a Nightmare."

Comment

I remember that guy, goes by "face guy" at at.com, kinda a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Body LX
                            Not all 3rd gens were carbed.. mine wasn't.
                            You're right.... Only LX-i and SE-i were injected...

That white Coupe is DX = Carb.

Comment

The carb to FI swap is pretty much the 3G equivalent to the A1 to A6 conversion we do with our cars. It's basic, using all Accord parts, and gives better stuff to work with for mods.

Now, with the B series, Place Racing used to make mounts for the 3G. They're out of business now, which sucks... no more mounts availible (though I believe someone on 3geez is working on some). I thought about doing it to my car, but that's just too much to do for me. I suggest it to everyone I try to sell it to though! The thing weighs as much as a Civic, so a B series in there would be like a B in a Civic... only more of a sleeper I personally was going to stick with the stock A block, becuse it's made of iron and totally bulletproof. Boosty

Comment

Working...
                              X