Pretty Unique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty Unique

This is some sick shit right here man. This isn't an accord or anything but have to admire this incredibly crazy hybrid. And at the same time it's kind of unsettling to think he is running lower quarter mile times than most h22 accords out there. Look.

http://www.uniquekind.net/caddypage/...turePage2.html

Yes sir, that's a '96 Cadillac Fleetwood equipped with a corvette engine (LT1) i believe, and a T56 manual tranny swap out of a '97 Camaro Z28. 4900 pound car pullin low 14's, damn.

It gives me hope for my dream of the look on people's faces at the track from a stripped plymouth minivan with a dodge 4 cylinder turbo engine and manual tranny swap embarassing the hell out of many. Not for a car I drive but for a all go no show project.

Man, that rocks!

Here's the link to the first picture page (where it actually shows the engine)
    http://www.uniquekind.net/caddypage/...cturePage1.htm

I wonder how much that cost... The car must've been about $7000, probably more since it looks like it's in great shape (and was probably bought years ago, so say $15000 if they bought used). The engine was probably $3500, tranny maybe $1000 (I don't know what that would go for, so I overestimated... could be $200...) And labor, if he didn't do it himself (which I'm sure he did)... $20,000 total optimistically... Not too bad for something so unique!

I moved this to the Import Culture section though. Not an import, I know, but that's pretty much become the place for stuff about other cars! Good find!

Comment

that car a couple years ago probably went for $12,000 dollars, that engine is an LT1, It wasn't new so i guess it was used or rebuilt so actually that engine at tops cost him maybe $2000, as for the Tranny, I imagine it was used and high performance trannsmissions cost a little more than regular domestics so i say between $1200 an $1500. I'm not sure if he payed for labor but those people seemed to be close friends of his so I imagine he didn't pay as far as that. He also dumped some money on a few engine internals and bolt ons so i'd say $4500 for all of it. It probably was a costly car but still, very unique. Good stuff.

Comment

that is awesome...

Comment

lol i like it is cool
          R.I.P 1993 ACCORD LX ::::7-23-05::::

Comment

Working...
          X