• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota effectively buying Subaru

BWAH!!!?!?!?!?!?

http://www.forbes.com/business/energ...ap2261327.html
    members/ride | the/website
    180 hp/145 ft-lb

i think this might be good . . . now GM cant just steal cars from subaru any more *cough* saab 9-2x *cough* . . . yet I read on and to my anguish, that car will still be produced anyways . . . gah
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

meh, dont care all i own is honda accord, all i ever want to own is honda accords, leave my accords alone and i dont care what car industry does what lol, too much work to worry about other automakers, the only two cars i have owned, 92 accord, and 87 GMC sierra classic with 8 inch lift and 38 inch mud tires, but as gas is rising fuck that truck i gave it to my dad and he gets 8 miles to a gallon now
      92 CB7 *Sold $3300 102K Miles 4 door LX

94 Del Sol *Baught $3300 80K Miles on chasis
      and 60K miles on b18b1 motor swap

Comment

Oh hell no. I hope they do not make the Subys more Toyota like...(non turbo turds).

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
          Oh hell no. I hope they do not make the Subys more Toyota like...(non turbo turds).
          I hadnt thought of this . . . ummm . . . hopefully they dont kill the STi . . . i think i would cry if they did
          -Mark-
          CB7
          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

"Buying" does not mean controlling. Relax, kids --- it's 8.7% ownership.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Yes, but toyota has the option to buy another 11.4 percent which would give them the controlling interest in suby.

Better keep the sti.
              180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Don't forget...there used to be a lot of very cool 'yotas in the past. Also...adding increased reliability to Subie?...nothing bad about that.

Comment

Don't flip the fuck out guys... much better Toyota be "partners" with them than GM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                    Don't flip the fuck out guys... much better Toyota be "partners" with them than GM.
                    Remember the 80's Chevy Nova? Or the 90's Geo Prism?

Comment

mazda is owned by ford... and they still comming out with decent cars.. despite the fact tha rx-8 is non turboed.. but i still a good looking car.

Comment

Originally posted by 92acclude
                        Yes, but toyota has the option to buy another 11.4 percent which would give them the controlling interest in suby.

Better keep the sti.
                        Uh, that's still be 20% total which is the same stake GM had....GM was hardly running Subaru.

Comment

I'm not overly worried, I just found it interesting. Silly GM.
                          180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Hmm...is there a chance we might see some AWD Toyotas in the near future?
                            To-Do List for Today
                            Be Awesome

Comment

Doubtful. Although Toyota could use a "real" car to get the performance market.

Comment

Working...
                              X