Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10.02 in an all motor F-series? Interesting

http://www.bisimoto.com/wst_page2.html

Give it a look, I know its a race setup, but that's pretty impressive.

nothin new, bisi has been around for awhile. From dual-webber carbs to a d-series tranny that car is the definition of a frankenstein. Even tho its a race car its still got the full interior and actually weighs more than a stock crx. Still waiting for him to break 9's tho...hopefully that day will come soon.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
      nothin new, bisi has been around for awhile. From dual-webber carbs to a d-series tranny that car is the definition of a frankenstein. Even tho its a race car its still got the full interior and actually weighs more than a stock crx. Still waiting for him to break 9's tho...hopefully that day will come soon.
      Ooops, sorry I didn't realize that wasn't new, I came across it in another forum. I like the header design they had. According to the site they unofficially broke into the high 9's. Musta found the nasty hole in the fuel map and lengthened the injector pulse a millisecond or something?

I was reading about the D-series transmission. Seems to be a cool idea for a race car, but definitely not worthwhile for street use.

Comment

yea that header design is nuts! Thats great that they go unofficial 9's but it has to be official to count in the books. Bisi always stated it was more of a traction issue and the car even on like 3psi of tire pressure still had trouble hooking up. Oh yea, and its rumored that Bisi is sincerly one of the nicest most down to earth ppl you'll ever meet. I chatted with him briefly online and yea its very true.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i thought bisi wasn't runnin that crx anymore.. i thought he had a insight, now??

Comment

I think he has the crx still but races the insight for a company.

Comment

I thought I read that he hit 9s a while back...

But yeah, that carb'd F series is crazy. Bisi is a biochemical engineer or something by trade... he's not a lifetime car guru. Pretty impressive, I think!

And I'm wondering why anyone races an insight... I suppose they're light, so they can be practical efficient cars. With the right motor, I guess they're good for racing...

Comment

no turbo insight they can be very fast

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

u guys know that insight has an f22 in it right?

Comment

I know nothing about the insight

Comment

well not "the" insight, but rather THAT insight...as in motor swap.

Comment

Ah, ok.

Yeah, I figured as much. The stock 3 cylinder motor probably isn't worth modifying.

And now that I look into it... 1850lbs... Imagine some weight reduction on that thing! Of course, any 'real' engine would probably add a few pounds.

Comment

I think the insight is used for aerodynamics. Of course it helps that its light, but I think a crx could be just as light. And yea I believe he did run 9's while testing. He's running 10.3's with a different cylinder head then he normally uses and hes down about 40whp. And yes his 60 foots are a bit slower compared to the other fast all motor cars. If he drops like another tenth there then Im sure he will be running 9's soon enough.
                          HSHO #3

Comment

Working...
                          X