Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fastest Production car 241 MPH Koenigsegg CCR!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1993sE
    no one ever metion the porche carrara gt on Discovery channel they have a show called Top Gear and they loved the porche over the mclaren and it was faster and ran a faster track time i duuno maybe yall should check into that
    sorry but the people on TopGear are dumb fucks. yes they have awesome tests, and review a lot of cool cars. But they (the hosts) are not the best. think Car and Driver tv. The magazine is great but they goof to much. Tiff Niddle knows high stuff, and has a racing background and is more respected then Jeremy Clarkson. 5th Gear is a better car show then TopGear BUT TopGear does have better test but again 5thGear owns.

TIFF FOR PRESIDENT

Comment

eh didnt want to start a new thread.. but TOP GEAR is on disc. channel NOW for all you CDT and EDT peoples.. watch it.. but you PDT and MDT people set the vcrs!

Comment

car is sweet but am i the only one who thinks those doors are f#@$ing hideous? just my opinion.

Comment

top gear is on pdt at like ten.. so why would i need to set my vcr?

the top gear people did a test of older supercars versus the newer supercars: mclaren F1, F40, and something else against the carrera gt, enzo and pagani zonda
          the mclaren raped the newer car it was pitted against in striaght line acceleration (i forgot which car it was, might have been the pagani). they cite a lower weight because of less stringent safety requirements. in my book, the Mclaren is still tops.

Comment

Looks like a transformer.
            I cheated on my cb7 with an e30.....Not cool. I will be a honda boy at heart though woop woop

Comment

mclaren fuggen owns, and it was 95, not 96 it came, 95 to may 98 is when they built 100 of them. 63 in the stock f1 form, and the rest were variations of it, the LM, GTR and GT. not to mention the LM had 680 horses over the stock 627, from the same engine. and it was also gutted inside, a bunch lighter. but not really street legal, but it still goes to show the potential that you could still tune that engine to if you had a stock f1. don't forget this car is 10 years old, and companies are still playing catch up with it. and it didn't need no silly quad turbocharging to get that power......NA bitch, NA..respect that they didn't cheat...you fucking quad turbocharge a mclaren and you see how badly it rapes anything 6 ways from sunday on the track. 6.1 litres, 12 cyl of pure mechanical BMW sex. the LM did 0-62 in 2.8 3.1 on the stock model. not to mention it's beautiful. it hits 200mp/h in 28 seconds. and this was up and running in 1993 already before going into production and was running these numbers. way ahead of it's time, and still is. point finale!

i creamed myself when i saw one on the highway around town. it's a freaking tiny ass car. wow. smaller than a civic.

Comment

Saw a show highlighting the Koenigsegg last night, and it's quite an amazing car.

1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

the McLaren is still the best road/track car. nothing else can compare. sure the koenigsegg is fast, perhaps even faster straight line than an F1, but the F1 is still the king. after all, its over a decade older than everything else, and it's still at the top. give it the higher hp numbers of modern cars, and add in the fact that it has the best driving position and view of any supercar, period, and you have one hell of an unbeatable car. McLaren is still the king, and the Bugatti is a disgrace to autophiles. for real. i hate that thing. it sucks in pretty much every respect, save sheer acceleration. but that's not exciting.
                  *edit* i got beat to it..lol didnt read the second page, but i must admit. i'm loving the doors on the koenigsegg.

Comment

Imagine what Porsche's 959 would have been like had it been built in 2007 instead of 1987.

I'd argue that was the best car ever made.

Porsche began with an engine they already had, and moved on with development from there. The powerplant, a twin turbocharged boxer six engine, with an air cooled block and water cooled heads displaced 2.85 total litres, about half a litre less than a contemporary 911 engine. The motor had originally been developed for the "Moby Dick" race car, then was redeveloped slightly for the short-lived Porsche Indy Car and several other projects before being "tweaked" a last time for use in the 961, the 959's racing counterpart. The water cooled cylinder heads combined with the air cooled block, 4 valve heads and sequential turbochargers allowed Porsche to extract 450 hp (340 kW) from the compact, efficient and rugged power unit. The use of sequential twin turbochargers rather than the more usual identical turbochargers for each of the two cylinder banks allowed for smooth seamless delivery of power across the engine RPM band, in contrast to the abrupt on-off power characteristic that distinguished Porsche's turbocharged engines of the period. It has been speculated the engine was capable of over 600 horsepower if fully tuned. The engine was used, virtually unchanged, in the 959 road car as well.

In an attempt to create a rugged, lightweight shell, Porsche adopted an aluminium and Kevlar composite for body use along with a Nomex floor as opposed to the traditional steel that was normally used on their production cars. The vehicle's light weight (2917 pounds) gave astounding performance:

(mph)

0-60: 3.6 s.
                    0-100: 8.3 s.
                    0-125: 12.7 s.
                    0-140: 19.0 s.
                    0-1/4 mile: 11.8 s. @ 119 mph (standing)
                    Top Speed: 198+ mph
                    (kmh)

0-100: 3.7 s.
                    0-160: 8.3 s.
                    0-200: 12.7 s.
                    0-1000 meters: 21.6 s. (standing)
                    Porsche also developed the car's aerodynamics which were designed to increase stability, as was the automatic ride height adjustment that became available on the street car (961 race cars had fixed suspensions). Its "zero lift" dynamics were a big part of keeping it drivable. The 959 also featured Porsche-Steuer Kupplung (PSK) which, at the time, was the most advanced all wheel drive system ever used in a production car. Capable of dynamically changing the torque distribution between the rear and front wheels in both normal conditions and slip conditions, the PSK system allowed the 959 to have the adaptability it needed both as a race car and as a "super" street car. Under hard acceleration, PSK could send as much as 80% of available power to the rear wheels, helping make the most of the rear-traction bias that occurs during such instances. It could also vary the power bias depending on road surface and grip changes, helping maintain sure footedness at all times. The magnesium alloy wheels were unique, being hollow inside to form a sealed chamber contiguous with the tire and equipped with a built-in tire pressure monitoring system.
                    This was in 1987. Road tests I've read claimed it was more comfortable than a 911 of the day. They were rally raced as well.

Comment

959s are beautiful too bad they werent allowed in the US only a couple of the rich have these cars as collectors and Bill Gates has one. I think it wasnt able to come in because of the crash test rating or something like that. But its a bad mother fucker nonetheless. But one of the functions I love about the koenigsegg is the doors.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by xtr91accord
                        that car is freakin amazing, how much does one of those set someone back?
                        a wonderful price of $675,000. if i'm correct.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

i was to lazy to read the thread but the koenigsegg holds the fastest speeding ticket in the world and the guy was cought in texas going 240+mph
                          So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic

I actually saw that car at HIN Miami. last Dec...
                            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                            ....................My New Baby
                            SOLD TO
                            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by nghtrydr23
                              i was to lazy to read the thread but the koenigsegg holds the fastest speeding ticket in the world and the guy was cought in texas going 240+mph

HOLY FUCKING SHIT..WTF..I BET THEY GAVE HIM THE ELECTRIC CHAIR FOR THAT 1

Comment

and to think the first speed ticket was for 10mph... man to go over that you just have to let go of the break.
                                WTB:
                                88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
                                OR
                                90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

Working...
                                X