Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fastest Production car 241 MPH Koenigsegg CCR!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fastest Production car 241 MPH Koenigsegg CCR!!

http://www.koenigsegg.com/thecars/index.asp?submenu=3

that car is freakin amazing, how much does one of those set someone back?

Check Out My Car

Comment

It looks more like a piece of art than it does a car! lol!

My Accord History:
      91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

That is just beautiful! Like acclude91 said, "it looks more like a piece of art than a car"!

Is it just me or do you see a NSX looking front?

Midwest car club

Current rides:
        91 accord lx (5spd)
        92 accord lx (5spd)
        93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

awwww yet powered by a supercharged Ford V8. BOOO YA!!!!

BUT

400kmh BUGATTI - WORLDS FASTEST CAR!

Legendary sports car maker Bugatti is to produce the world's fastest road car after a prototype last week exceeded 400kmh on a German test track, silencing critics who predicted the car would never achieve its ambitious goal.

The multi million-dollar Bugatti Veyron 16.4 - its name refers to the 16-cylinder, quad-turbocharged engine that has more power than a Formula One car - achieved the feat on a Volkswagen test track.

The German car giant bought the famous French Bugatti brand in 1998 and has been working on re-establishing its supercar credentials ever since.

Bugatti says the 750kW test car, one of 11 prototypes developed leading up to the planned launch of the two-seater vehicle, achieved the speed "several times".

From that speed (and assuming its brakes retard the car at a similar level to other supercars), the Veyron would take 750 metres to stop.

As well as the seemingly ludicrous top speed, the all-wheel-drive Veyron can reach 100kmh in just 2.9 seconds.

Such performance raises questions about the safety implications of a car capable of travelling at four times the legal speed limit, although - just as Ferraris almost never reach their potential on public roads - Bugatti says such daring will most likely be left to race tracks or private roads to which well-heeled owners would have access.

Reaching the 400kmh milestone was a relief for Bugatti, which delayed the Veyron project more than two years due to development setbacks.

Customer deliveries of the Veyron were originally slated for 2003 but overheating problems, concerns about high-speed stability and stringent quality standards set by Volkswagen made the project run late. The first cars are now expected to be delivered to customers by the end of this year, according to Bugatti president Dr Thomas Bscher.

Bugatti says it will cost 1 million euros ($1.65 million) to buy a Veyron. Only 300 will be built over six years. Add GST, import duty and luxury car tax and the price of owning a Veyron would be about $3 million, depending on the exchange rate. Which, along with the fact the Veyron will only be built as a left-hand- drive, may explain why no Australians have dipped into their savings just yet.

Submitted by Jason K.

Last edited by DUNKiNUTS; 08-24-2005, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNKiNUTS
            awwww yet powered by a supercharged Ford V8. BOOO YA!!!!
            93EXaesthetic=PWND!

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
              93EXaesthetic=PWND!
              hahaha...hey im pointing out the fastest PRODUCTION car.....the CCR looks better anyways

Comment

Thats very beautiful. Are those Lambo rims? I would love to own it, but I would kinda like to have something more exotic than a SC ford engine in my supercar. But hey on Top Gear they said the Ford GT has the 5.4SC engine from the Lightning so it obviously has monster potential.
                OT, anyone get the feeling that with all the new SRT8 Magnum, GT mustang, 300C, Charget R/T, GTO ect that there are certainly a slew of high powered muscle cars coming out? The era of the classic muscle car is dead, but certainly a new one is upon us! 450hp comes pretty easy with some simple bolt-ons with those cars.
                Its sobering because a 200hp civic will probably begin having a hard time being as impressive against foes than it has previoulsy been. No longer are the older GT Mustangs and Z28 Camaros going to be the benchmark archnemisis of the Import World!
                New standars are just around the corner. I'm wondering if this will spark a change in the import world at all?
                - Zipcreature
                Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

that things beautiful....simply amazing.

Comment

The McLaren still looks better.
                    To-Do List for Today
                    Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by mxcx
                      The McLaren still looks better.
                      that thing would ass rape the mclaren blind, over and over again...

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                      Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                      NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

the entire car is made of carbon fiber!!!!!!!!!!!! also they run for about 500,000 u.s bucks

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                          that thing would ass rape the mclaren blind, over and over again...

aaaaa, let us begin. The McLaren F1 aka GOD. Is still the best car ever built. PERIOD! no if ands or buts. They are to many drivers, testers, racers, etc. that still can't max out its potental. Tiff Niddel (spelling?) drove cars like the skyline, F40, F50, GT2s, NSXs, Lambos, Enzos, CCRs, etc. etc. you name it he has driven it. By the way he was the one that drove the F1 to 241mph. and yes that is the right mph the CCR passed it by like .3 mph. However Mr. Tiff still get aww struck my the almighty F1. He still feels it the best car ever made. It inspires you when you drive.

But in the area of speed now-a-days its all Saleen S7 and Nismo GTR z-tune (for the numbers people). Looks you can't really beat form following function, S7 and F1. That is the sexiest a car can be. However looks is all opinion. The numbers are all in favor of the S7 as a IN production car, for quickness. Topspeed as on now is CCR, but in a year or less its all Bugatti for production car. They have already ran it at 251mph (400+ kph) its just not in production and on sales floors yet even though all 300 or so cars have been spoken for for some time now.

Comment

no one ever metion the porche carrara gt on Discovery channel they have a show called Top Gear and they loved the porche over the mclaren and it was faster and ran a faster track time i duuno maybe yall should check into that

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
                            nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
                            nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
                            nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
                            AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
                            AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
                            AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
                            nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

<---Still thinks the Mclaren is the shit. Anyone notices that since the Mclaren F1 came out in 96 all the automakers have done nothing but copied it.

AFAIK, its the first car with a carbon fiber body, a center steering wheel and really strong areodesign incorporated to the body. Basically its was the track Mclaren made for the street.

Comment

Working...
                              X