2006 Acura RSX, a stepdown in power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 Acura RSX, a stepdown in power?

I was on Acura's website (www.acura.com) building my RSX, (even tho I cant afford one) and I noticed the RSX section was updated to 2006. But when I looked at its specs, it has 201 HP, a stepdown from the 2005 model which has 210 hp. It also had less torque. The only new options for it are a new spoiler and that is about it. I guess Acura is killing off the RSX after this year.

what its supposed to be 215 hp 201....i highly doubt that

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
    nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
    nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
    nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
    AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
    AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
    AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
    nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

http://www.acura.com/models/model_sp...asp?module=rsx

It's true, BUT its not what you think now that I read it all over. Acura is conforming to new standards set forth for horsepower outputs, (good thing, most cars are listed nowadays with hp in the high 200's, but barely put out 200 to the wheels). Here is what they said:

* For 2006, Acura is complying with the new SAE standard for measuring horsepower and torque. This new method slightly reduces a vehicle's horsepower rating and torque due to more stringent testing procedures.

Comment

Supratti is correct, they are running HP numbers now using a SAE rating, which means all accesories on, and A/C during tests. So, it's still the same horsepower and the same engine. Hope that clears that up.
        My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

not to be off topic.. but i like the old tail lights better.. but i love the front

Comment

Yeah, Honda and Acura are just using a more acurate way to measure hp & tq starting with the 06 model year.
            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Actually, based on the old HP measurement the new RSX has 210HP, which is 10 more than the early years.

The Odyssey has dropped from 250 to 244, and the TL dropped from 270 to 253 on the new measurement scale.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
              X