my new Talon :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my new Talon :)

So, I got my 97 Talon TSi yesterday, and let me say, this car is far better than I ever imagined. Its lowered on some stiff suspension, corners 20x better than the cb7. Turbo = GOD. That thing PULLS... Haha, and it so much nicer at high speeds. When I had the CB7 going 100 it was all over the place, drifting and shit. I had this car doing about 137 tonight and it tracked perfectly, no shaking or anything. Im gonna get pics tomorrow and bump the thread, hopefully with some accel/top speed vids . ROCK ON BOYS! I love my new car.

nice...AWD Turbo..... how much?

Comment

8k, 47k original miles! w00t! in MINT condition

Comment

here we go again

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

when you getting your license back?

Comment

dont you not have a license?

congrats on the new car
            Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Congrats on your new car....AWD Talons are sick. Thats low miles, where you get it from? Be safe now.

Comment

i have my license for 3 more days, got the car from my uncle who takes great care of his stuff, the car IS sick. .

Comment

post some pics of this bad boy!

Check Out My Car

Comment

Sounds like you got a nice mint AWD talon for a good price. Nice find

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                    91 accord lx (5spd)
                    92 accord lx (5spd)
                    93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

yeah there fast

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                      bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Originally posted by drucifer92
                        8k, 47k original miles! w00t! in MINT condition

DAMN YOU!! i have been going crazy looking for eclipses/ talons!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
                          yeah there fast
                          stock h22s can beat stock talons.. ive beat some before.. the only thing is that.. those engines are already built for turbo.. so all they need to do is put down a bigger manifold.. turbo.. intercooler..exhaust system..running 20 psi where as 8psi is stock for a dsm with those mods.. easy 300 hp..

where as you gotta build the h22 block for forced induction.. then start slappin a turbo on..and so on..

but stock tsi is about 220 hp..thats with turbo.. boosting 8 pounds..imagine with out boost.. that engine aint shit

stock h22 is 200 hp..no boost but add 8 pounds.. thats an easy 270-280 range

but yea i have fun workin on my homies DSM. theyre just as fun to mod..i want an 98 eclipse as well.. i love the body.. but i hate the weight that comes with it!!

Comment

also when my homie is rollin in my car with me and we see a talon i always say "do chickens have large talons?" lolz.. and its even funnier when i beat them..

Comment

[QUOTE=SSDH22Accord]stock h22s can beat stock talons.. ive beat some before.. the only thing is that.. those engines are already built for turbo.. so all they need to do is put down a bigger manifold.. turbo.. intercooler..exhaust system..running 20 psi where as 8psi is stock for a dsm with those mods.. easy 300 hp..
                              QUOTE]

yes the engine is build for boost and the block is virtually bullet proof. but i would be careful with upgrades. My buddy has a 95 GSX eclipse. We put in a better manifold and an evo 8 intercooler (custom fitted ) with a greddy BOV and the turbo blew after a day - too much power. So he ended up gettin the same turbo as in the evo 8. Just be careful with the mods.

But yea i agree that w/o boost they are not that fast. i drove the car w/ and w/o boost and its night and day of difference.
                              The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                              Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                              Check out my JDM F22B swap
                              Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Working...
                              X