Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey! I've seen that engine before! I've seen that cluster too! ... Whats a Rover??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey! I've seen that engine before! I've seen that cluster too! ... Whats a Rover??

http://japan-partner.com/Auto/1253/R...-for-sale.html

any one know any info on this rover?

and what the hell? F20Z1???

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

rover is some kinda half-assed copy company cooperative thingy. If elliot is near, he will guide us to the answer

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
      rover is some kinda half-assed copy company cooperative thingy. If elliot is near, he will guide us to the answer
      ive researched, but ive only come up with a UK based auto maker.

F20 and honda parts in an English car?? wtf??

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
        ive researched, but ive only come up with a UK based auto maker.

F20 and honda parts in an English car?? wtf??
        There you go again, researching some pics. YOu have a hidden talent man.

Comment

Originally posted by jeesare
          There you go again, researching some pics. YOu have a hidden talent man.
          haha. thanks bro...

give me three minutes ill find out where you live, how much your house is worth and who your daddy is

j/p

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
            haha. thanks bro...

give me three minutes ill find out where you live, how much your house is worth and who your daddy is

j/p
            Really, I always wanted to know who my daddy is

j/p

Comment

Honda has some strange ties with the English. Anyone here remember Sterlings? It was an English car sold in the U.S. in like the 80's and early 90's or something. Anyway, to my understanding it used alot of Honda parts....I think it even used a Honda/Acura powertrain, the 2.7 V6 from the 1st gen Legend and later in the 5th gen Accord. I could be wrong, but this is what I remember hearing. Also, all the 02 and up Civic Si's, and some of the 02 and up CR-V's are manufactured in England as well. Just a couple fun facts.
              Last edited by mrhonda; 08-10-2005, 01:17 AM.
              00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

I think the Sterling was a rebadged, repaneled Legend. They do a lot of stuff w/Rover...I remember on AD there was a guy w/a 500HP turbo F2x powered Rover. I think it might have been AWD too. But Rover doesn't exist anymore so ...

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

When I was in England (92-93) I had a Rover 416i that looked a LOT like a Civic and ran like a banshee! It was hella fun to drive. If I remember correctly, I think it had a B16. I know it was a 1.6l (416i=4cyl 1.6l fuel injected)
                  Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                  Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

It is possible that its not a honda engine at all just some other company that decided to name thier engine the f20 as well. If i remeber correctly some old ass volvos had b20 engines but they were volvo engines not honda.
                    R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
                    My members ride page
                    Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

Well i did a google search and it looks as if the f20z1 is the motor found in some 93-> prelude 2.0 16v. http://www.japanmoottorituonti.fi/?view=moottorit&id=53
                      R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
                      My members ride page
                      Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22
                        When I was in England (92-93) I had a Rover 416i that looked a LOT like a Civic and ran like a banshee! It was hella fun to drive. If I remember correctly, I think it had a B16. I know it was a 1.6l (416i=4cyl 1.6l fuel injected)
                        thats because it was a civic.When i visited my family in greece, i found out that my uncles rover was actually a civic.i even have proof of an old greek car mag from 1991 stating that in fact the rover was just a repaneled civic.i thought it was interesting.

ILBB
                        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                        The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                          But Rover doesn't exist anymore so ...

couldnt a been more wrong, bro

http://www3.mg-rover.com/rover_GB_en/static/index.html

they just dont have any honda lookin cars

if you look really close at the Rover 620SLi on japan partner. it looks kinda like a CD5.

Comment

thats interesting
                            -kool92accord-

Comment

Originally posted by kool92accord
                              thats interesting

isnt it?

next thing you know, honda makes acura!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X