not your moms volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOracer14
    That Volvo is very sweet! I just love sleepers and that sure as hell is a sleeper. Being that it is fuel injected that motor is 87' or newer (correct me if I'm wrong). What year is it as I've heard 87's (on top of being the first year for fi) have forged bottom end from the factory where the newer 5.0's don't. But the newer ones got a little better tuning and some intake related differences (and possibly a couple different variations of heads IIRC).
    I take that back. After some research I see that 86' was the first year of Fuel Injection and that in 87' they changed the head design. All 5.0 motors built after 87' were pretty much the same just a couple small differences here and there.
    Past Vehicles - 91' Accord DX (16.35@ eighty-something), 91' Ford Taurus SHO (14.86@ 94.15)
    Current - Triple Black 93' Taurus SHO (13.78 @ 105.14) MODS: SHO Shop Catless y-pipe, SHO Shop Cat-back, Custom made GTP intake and Gigantor Air filter, solid motor mounts, 75 shot Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOT NAWS!)

I know I drive Ford but at least it's a suedo import featuring the Yamaha motor and Mazda transaxle.

Comment

Working...
    X